Windows 10: Getting Color Management onto the taskbar and...?

Discus and support Getting Color Management onto the taskbar and...? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm sort of into photography and would like to efficiently utilize the following two "helpers": Color Management (from the Control Panel) and this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by flycaster, Feb 5, 2016.

1. flycaster Win User

Getting Color Management onto the taskbar and...?

I'm sort of into photography and would like to efficiently utilize the following two "helpers": Color Management (from the Control Panel) and this website Web browser color management test. Presently, I have Color Management as a shortcut link on my desktop and have the website as a bookmark. Color Management contains several calibrated monitor presets for different lighting conditions and the website is used to check how far off the display color gamut is from sRGB standard. So, as lighting conditions change, I have to go to the desktop and then the bookmark to make adjustment with the presets. I was hoping that there could be away to get both these items into the same place so that I don't have to jump around??? If this can't be done, then getting Color Management onto the taskbar would be helpful.

:)

flycaster, Feb 5, 2016
  2. dant02106 Win User

taskbar tranparency

Trying to get taskbar transparent in Windows 10. I went to settings, then to personalization, clicked colors, auto pic is on, show color on taskbar is off, make taskbar transparent in ON. Taskbar remains black. Is there another way to make taskbar transparent?
    I am at a loss.

Thanks,

Dan

dant02106, Feb 5, 2016
  3. windows 10 change color of toolbar

Okay. There are only a bunch of colors you can select from there, so do the following:

• Navigate to Settings>Personalization>Colors. Select the desired color.
    • Turn on Show color on Action center, taskbar and title bar.
    If you want color on Taskbar only, here is the article:

Tweak Colorization Settings for Titlebar, Taskbar and Start .
    Run the registry edit according to your need.

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 5, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

- drag the bookmarked website favicon to your desktop and pin it to your browser's jump list
    - navigate to C:\Windows\System32\colorcpl.exe, right click on colorcpl.exe and choose Pin to taskbar
    (use caution in the System32 folder!)

Edwin, Feb 5, 2016
  5. flycaster Win User
    Hey Edwin, thanks, but let me make sure I got this all right. It seems that only Color Management can be pinned to the task bar...Right? Whereas, the website can only be pinned to the Jump List, and not to the taskbar...Right? If so, good enough as this will still reduce the number of steps needed to change my monitor's color settings.

flycaster, Feb 5, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Correct.
    You can make the website URL into a shortcut too, but it will always open in a whole new window of the default browser.
    You need to have the path of your default browser executable and the website URL for the shortcut 'location';
    then you would need to get a snippet of the websites logo, convert it to an .ico (icon) file, store that somewhere on your PC, change the icon of the shortcut in Properties, then pin that to the taskbar!
    A pain but doable! *Wink

Example of your website as a shortcut through Firefox:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" http:\cameratico.com\tools\web-browser-color-management-test

you can name it what you wish.

Getting Color Management onto the taskbar and...? [​IMG]

Some things may bugger it up, for example, changing default browser may render the shortcut corrupt and unusable, yada, yada, yada.

Edwin, Feb 5, 2016
  7. flycaster Win User
    Thanks again Edwin for your time and effort. I think I'll stay with using the jump file as it will only entail one extra click....

flycaster, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting Color Management onto the taskbar and...? - Similar Threads - Getting Color Management

2. Color of taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color of taskbar: How to make the taskbar a different color not light from colors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-of-taskbar/7669abbf-cf35-4d8b-a85a-59d996ee86e1
  3. Taskbar color

Taskbar color: Today's Windows 10 update changed the color of my taskbar from black to a light gray or light blue. I want the taskbar black. I found this on a Microsoft web site: To change the color of your taskbar, select Start > Settings > Personalization > Colors > Show accent...
  4. Taskbar color

Taskbar color: Just updated to a newer version of windows 10 since it said that the version I had was going to stop receiving updates, which reset the color for my system colors. As of now the taskbar just follows the default theme of the device e.g. dark/light. The option to show accent...
  5. Taskbar Color

Taskbar Color: My taskbar color changed from black to a very light grey. I tried to change the color by going to personalize color, But the button for Start, Taskbar and Action Center is greyed out, and cannot be chosen. Any ideas?...
  6. Taskbar Color

Taskbar Color: Some how I have gotten my taskbar color to be white and I want it to be black. How do I fix that? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-color/82f6fd8d-6098-4632-a2c8-114e8d4d0942
  7. Taskbar color

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar color: On recent update taskbar is white and unable to place a checkon the setting for taskbar color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-color/555452f1-44ac-4df9-a3d1-6590559c04c4
  8. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...
  9. Color Management

Color Management: I have an NVidia GTX 1070 graphics card and have two 4K displays and the 3rd video output connected to a video capture card. The color profile for the monitors is created from calibration. The 3rd display (capture card) does not show an ICC profile. What happens when I play a...
  10. Will this place "color Management" on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will this place "color Management" on the taskbar?: This is how it is done in Windows 7 (Color Management Shortcut - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums), but will it work for Windows 10? 37933