Windows 10: Getting constant "check antivirus notifications" despite AV being on

Discus and support Getting constant "check antivirus notifications" despite AV being on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since installing the Anniversary update i've been getting these annoying notifications. I run Avast which has all of its components on. I have a big... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bobsagetfullhou, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Getting constant "check antivirus notifications" despite AV being on

Since installing the Anniversary update i've been getting these annoying notifications. I run Avast which has all of its components on. I have a big green checkmark with the "You are protected" indicating everything is running. I also turned on "Limited periodic scanning" for windows defender which is supposed to work along side your normal antivirus. Despite both of this, I keep getting these notifications saying "Windows defender and avast are both turned off". If I even go into my security control panel I see that avast is actually turned on (defender is not there since it is not my main AV).

Anyone else experiencing this?

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Aug 5, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Aug 5, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Aug 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Getting constant "check antivirus notifications" despite AV being on

dalchina, Aug 5, 2016
  5. I'm gonna try turning off limited periodic scanning for win defender. This is a new anniversary feature and Avast might not be updated to deal with it and is getting confused.

6. swarfega Win User
    I agree with @dalchina, it might be best to reinstall Avast as the upgrade may have reset some of the settings and has confused the program in the process.

swarfega, Aug 5, 2016
  7. Will give it a try

8. Getting constant "check antivirus notifications" despite AV being on

TairikuOkami, Aug 5, 2016
  9. shimshom Win User
    It would be better to turn off WD if you're using Avast but you can try the below steps to stop the notifications and using it didn't have any adverse effect on my system

Steps to turn off security center manually:
    1. Open "services.msc"
    2. Stop Security Center service and set it to "disabled"
    3. Go to "C:\Windows\System32"
    4. Take ownership of files "ActionCenter.dll" and "ActionCenterCPL.dll"
    5. Get full access for the files "ActionCenter.dll" and "ActionCenterCPL.dll"
    6. Rename the files "ActionCenter.dll" and "ActionCenterCPL.dll" to "ActionCenter.dll.bak" and "ActionCenterCPL.dll.bak"

shimshom, Aug 6, 2016
  10. While this scenario doesn't match what you're experiencing, there is good reason to uninstall Avast and Reinstall the current version.

[fixed] Blue Screen (BSOD) - Windows 10 Anniversary Update on Skylake CPU

Avast FAQ | Avast Antivirus: Preventing a BSOD when installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update
    A lot of of issues are resolved by installing current 3rd party software.
    Run Belarc Advisor to produce an audit of your machine, then check software vendor sites for more recent versions. Belarc should provide the software keys if you need to clean re-install the application software.

Slartybart, Aug 6, 2016
  11. aardvark Win User
    I use Avast and I also have limited periodic scanning turned off so I can't say for sure if the latest Avast version is still causing any conflicts; however, Avast just announced they have released a new Beta version that allows for a "passive" (unregistered) installation. Read more here:

New Beta version is live - 12.3.2277

Personally, I have no interest in running Avast in the passive mode but I just thought I'd post an FYI for those who might be interested.

aardvark, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Getting constant "check antivirus notifications" despite AV being on

1. Getting constant "check antivirus notifications" despite AV being on - Similar Threads - Getting constant check

2. AV components are not getting updated. Getting some error while checking the connectivity...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AV components are not getting updated. Getting some error while checking the connectivity...: AV components are not getting updated. Getting some error while checking the connectivity 800106ba. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/av-components-are-not-getting-updated-getting-some/a17aac97-ac7a-4be5-8dee-01256f9f1a1d
  3. AV components are not getting updated. Getting some error while checking the connectivity...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AV components are not getting updated. Getting some error while checking the connectivity...: AV components are not getting updated. Getting some error while checking the connectivity 800106ba. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/av-components-are-not-getting-updated-getting-some/a17aac97-ac7a-4be5-8dee-01256f9f1a1d
  4. AV components are not getting updated. Getting some error while checking the connectivity...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. suspicious antivirus notifications

suspicious antivirus notifications: I went on a website called therecipies.info and after that I periodically get notifications that my computer has a virus. It prompts me to open a page at advnottech.com. I se nothing wrong with my computer....
  6. Disable antivirus notifications

Disable antivirus notifications: I disabled all notifications using OOSU, also disabled antivirus notifications! Yet I get notification from time to time: "antivirus protection is off", or something relating to AV, maybe windows defender as it is off. I use Bitdefender and it is on all the time, I just...
  7. I keep getting constant notifications from Defender telling me that antivirus is off even...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep getting constant notifications from Defender telling me that antivirus is off even...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sopranofever [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jm60nm/i_keep_getting_constant_notifications_from/
  8. Still getting notifications despite disabling

in Windows 10 Support
    Still getting notifications despite disabling: Hi, I keep getting a popup message everytime I open an emulator (like ePSXe) that tells me what buttons to press to take a snapshot. This happens every single time I open an emulator or go to fullscreen, and it's actually damaging the performance of the emulator, especially...
  9. Skype is constantly being suspended in Task Manager - NO NOTIFICATIONS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype is constantly being suspended in Task Manager - NO NOTIFICATIONS: Hi, I've been having issues with Skype showing new message notifications on my Windows 10 pro computer ever since the update came out for suspending programs in the background. The green leaf is always on Skype, showing suspended unless I open the app. If it's suspended,...
  10. Constant notifications for the same album being created?

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant notifications for the same album being created?: I have Windows Photo set up to automatically put pictures into albums, but recently (Maybe the last 2 weeks) it's started giving me a notification that a new album has been created every time that I turn the machine on, and it's the exact same album each time. I haven't...