Windows 10: Getting crowded in here ?

Discus and support Getting crowded in here ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Folks I need a little assistance, I have just completed a new build. I have a storage problem I hope you can help me with ? I have down loaded a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xldeane, Oct 24, 2017.

1. xldeane Win User

Getting crowded in here ?

Hi Folks I need a little assistance, I have just completed a new build. I have a storage problem I hope you can help me with ?

I have down loaded a rather large game (BF1) onto my C: Drive which is a Samsung 250GB Evo PCI-E 3.0 SSD, I would really like to move this file from C: to E: which is a Toshiba N300 4TB HDD. Does Windows have a utility that will enable be to move this file ? Or should I purchase software from a 3rd party ?? The file itself is 69GB !!!!

Any help gratefully appreciated

Drive C: is

:)

xldeane, Oct 24, 2017
  2. aspedisca Win User

Nokia 5800 US bug with Garmin XT

I also bought from Dell.com and tried everything. There should be somewherre to report this bug because it is the most annoying bug ever I guess. So we better write in here and get crowded so maybe they can hear us....

aspedisca, Oct 24, 2017
  3. Windows v10.0.10586 update killed my headphones

After a Win 10 major update, my headphones no longer work. This makes all sound useless in my current crowded environment.

[Insert harsh rhetoric here.]

InadvertentObfuscation, Oct 24, 2017
  4. Getting crowded in here ?

just use the windows copy and paste matey, always worked for me. Good game also, kept me happy for a good few hours *Smile

kingtez1984, Oct 24, 2017
  5. Barman58 Win User
    First thing to investigate is it possible to Move the game file ? Due to the way that windows is designed to use a central storage for settings and other areas for required files, it is not usually possible to move an installed Program.

The next thing to check is is it possible to re-install the game to a location other than C: Again most regular windows programs have to be installed in the system [C:] drive but often games may be installed to another drive, at least in part for exactly the issue you have.

As I am not a gamer I will move this thread to the Gaming Forum where you should get more focussed assistance

Barman58, Oct 24, 2017
  6. if its not installed, then move the file and then when installing, choose the drive you want it on.

If it is installed, you will need to uninstall and reinstall to the drive you want it *Smile

kingtez1984, Oct 24, 2017
  7. pparks1 Win User
    I assume that you purchased the game via Origin. That is where I got Battlefield from. I keep a folder on my C drive (SSD) and my D drive (Spinner). It's called OriginGames.

So, you can move the Battlefield 1 folder from the original folder location to your preferred location. Just use Windows explorer to copy it. Then, from within Origin, go into Preferences and now change the install location from C:\original_location to E:\new_location. Then, go to your game, tell it to download it again and it will fix up any pointers in the registry, etc. This won't change the location of any of your other games, just going forward a new game would go to E:\new_location. You can change this anytime you want a game in a different location.

For me, I keep new games or games I play more often on my SSD, and the others get put on the spinners. Hope this helps.

pparks1, Oct 24, 2017
  8. Getting crowded in here ?

I installed Steam and all of my games on my second DDS Drive D:/ save a great deal of space. You can always move your Library Folders to D:\

Josey Wales, Oct 24, 2017
  9. On Steam it was a different case, backup the game that you want to transfer and move the backup to where you want your game will be then let steam install it. Drag and drop was working in steam before on mine I don't why it doesn't anymore.

RoasterMen, Oct 26, 2017
  10. essenbe Win User
    If you copy Origin Games from your C drive and paste it somewhere to save, you can uninstall the game and Origin from C and reinstall Origin on D drive. After you log in to your account, completely close Origin and delete the new Origin Games and replace it with the old Origin Games. You won't have to re download it. You will have to reinstall it, but it will already be there.

With Steam you can copy Steam.exe and Steam apps only to the new drive. Uninstall the old games and Steam. Go to the Drive and click on the steam exe file. Steam will install and configure itself. Then install the games, which are in the Steamapps folder.

I know there are simpler ways to do it, but this keeps everything straight and organized and in one place. I like things that way.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Getting crowded in here ?

1. Getting crowded in here ? - Similar Threads - Getting crowded here

2. how did i get here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how did i get here?: omg what was i thinking buying a damn hp? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-did-i-get-here/d2dbaefd-d6d5-4436-b874-ab51e3f9c7e3
  3. how did i get here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how did i get here?: omg what was i thinking buying a damn hp? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-did-i-get-here/d2dbaefd-d6d5-4436-b874-ab51e3f9c7e3
  4. how did i get here?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. It is getting crowded on the Windows desktop

in Windows 10 News
    It is getting crowded on the Windows desktop: Widgets, the Edge Bar search field and Microsoft Edge sidebar, and Windows Copilot can all be displayed on the Windows desktop, and that is not even considering other features that Microsoft may be working on. Only one of these is available currently in stable versions of...
  6. My Bluetooth get stuck here always

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Bluetooth get stuck here always: My Bluetooth get stuck here always https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bluetooth-get-stuck-here-always/710de052-22a1-4c3d-9b06-6f67bc9ddad2
  7. How did this get here and how to remove it?

in Windows 10 Support
    How did this get here and how to remove it?: windows 10 version 1909 After fresh reinstall, certain of our file folder windows now have colored 'tabs' within the solid blue bar at the top of the folder. Hopefully we were successful in attaching a screenshot of one such tab. Please help us; we only want to see the...
  8. begginers get confuse here

in Windows 10 Gaming
    begginers get confuse here: Looking for Nanny!! IT idiot here .. wat should I begin with ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/begginers-get-confuse-here/79a0f339-cbcc-4e68-ab86-77534e2ce166
  9. My desktop is getting really crowded

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop is getting really crowded: I would like to consolidate some of the icons on my desktop into folders. For example, all of my Topaz icons into one folder, all of my Painter icons into another folder, etc. Or better yet, is there another way to clean up my desktop by putting all that 'stuff' somewhere...
  10. Here I'm getting an issue in windows defender!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Here I'm getting an issue in windows defender!!!: I tried a lot but it is showing still the same. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/here-im-getting-an-issue-in-windows-defender/d0908a0d-a85c-44e9-95ba-06347230fc2a"