Windows 10: Getting daily BSODs

Discus and support Getting daily BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, Over the past few months I've been getting BSODs, used to be less frequent but now it's pretty much daily. They mostly happen when playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thorny264, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Thorny264 Win User

Getting daily BSODs

Hi All,

Over the past few months I've been getting BSODs, used to be less frequent but now it's pretty much daily.

They mostly happen when playing games and games that are fairly graphic intensive but I now sometimes get them just while browsing. Seem to get one quite often when pressing shut down for the past week.

The errors I've received so far are:

"System service exception" followed by any of these:

DXGKRNL.SYS

WIN32KFULLSYS

NPFS.SYS

"Thread not handled/exception" followed by:

DXGMMS2.SYS

"Kmode exception not handled"

"Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap" - This only only occurs while not gaming

"WDF Violation"

Computer specs are:

8770k at stock

16gb Ram

1080ti

2x 500gb SSD

Windows 10

What I've tried so far:

Ran a memory test a few times and no issues found each time

Ran SFC and no issues found

Disconnected all devices bar keyboard/mouse/monitor and speakers

Updated graphic drivers, also tried rolling back and reinstalling entirely but no change

Ran full scans and nowt found

Windows is up to date

Computer is clean inside

Removed any unneeded programs

Can anyone help with some suggestions on how to fix this?

Cheers in advance

Minidump file should be in here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wotdjjxswlhyzqa/Zipped%20file.zip?dl=0

:)

Thorny264, Jul 6, 2018

2. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Jul 6, 2018
  3. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation daily

Those steps are not relevant to me. In those steps it asks to check the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers for iastore.sys in the listed drivers.

I do not have iastore as a driver nor is that the files causing the BSOD.

The driver that is causing it (I got this from BlueScreenView) is nvstore.sys which is listed as the driver for three identical items in 'storage controllers' There are 4 items there. 3 of them are called NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller. Those three
    all list this nvstore.sys as their driver.

I suspect that if I could replace or fix that driver it would solve the issue based on the advice given by Annanya. Does that sound right? If so, how would I go about it?

Dan

Daniel Freitag, Jul 6, 2018
  4. mzaccone Win User

Getting daily BSODs

mzaccone, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Getting daily BSODs

1. Getting daily BSODs - Similar Threads - Getting daily BSODs

2. Daily BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily BSOD: Hello,I am getting a BSOD every day around the same time 4-5 AM for the past week or two. For your convenience, I have uploaded the Minidumps here: MemDumpsWhat I have tried:Updating all driversUpgrading to Windows 11Memtest came back cleanverifier put me in a BSOD loop,...
  3. daily BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    daily BSOD: i am getting daily irql not less or equal BSODhere is the latest V2 log collector file:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AioJ8WGknaPvg1I-RE1vtcoKRPMnhere is the memory dump;https://1drv.ms/u/s!AioJ8WGknaPvg1NT0NvwtP3riIU0...
  4. Daily BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily BSOD: Hello! My laptop crashes everyday, multiple times a day, I've done most of the things I've seen online and I even took it to a service center and they just changed the SSD and swore the BSOD will never happen - forgot to mention, the stop code is WHEA Uncorrectable error...
  5. Daily BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Daily BSOD: Hello! My laptop crashes everyday, multiple times a day, I've done most of the things I've seen online and I even took it to a service center and they just changed the SSD and swore the BSOD will never happen - forgot to mention, the stop code is WHEA Uncorrectable error...
  6. Daily BSODs

Daily BSODs: I have an Acer Predator Helios 300 2019 reaching just a year of age. Recently, it's been crashing a lot. This is whether or not I'm gaming, but for some strange reason it's more often during gaming and even work sessions with just Microsoft Office or Microsoft Edge.Specs:...
  7. BSOD daily

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD daily: Having BSOD's one or twice daily last few days. Yesterday I upgraded Window Home to Pro because it was on a special offer and never giving a though to the BSOD. However had another today. Have run Tweaking.com. What else can I try? 160591
  8. Getting various different BSODs daily

Getting various different BSODs daily: My computer has been having problems for a bit so I reinstalled windows recently but I'm still getting random BSOD all with different error codes. Here are error codes for 4-5ish past days. I anyone could help figure it out that would be awesome. 0x000000ef 0x0000007e...
  9. Getting several BSODs daily

Getting several BSODs daily: Hello, I have a samsung notebook 7 (740u5l-y0us). since last month, I am struggling with several bsods. most of them are system service exception and thread exception not handled. i downloaded the bluescreenview app to see what really causes the problem, but everytime it says...
  10. Getting Random BSODs daily

Getting Random BSODs daily: Hi, I've been having constant BSODs ever since I got windows 10. Already did clean install and I'm really just going crazy. Any help would be really apreciated. 33992

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system thread exception not handled iastorE.sys