Windows 10: Getting error code 0x80004002 when trying to play any video with the Movies and TV app

Discus and support Getting error code 0x80004002 when trying to play any video with the Movies and TV app in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I spent a good amount of money for a bunch of movies, and cannot even watch them. It is strange, because if I sit there the movie will load and play in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StGemma, Aug 27, 2018.

1. StGemma Win User

Getting error code 0x80004002 when trying to play any video with the Movies and TV app

I spent a good amount of money for a bunch of movies, and cannot even watch them. It is strange, because if I sit there the movie will load and play in the background, but when I click close on the error message box the gray screen will disappear and show the movie like it is supposed to, but then closes entirely right after. Very frustrating! Moreover, on my other laptop, I do not have a problem with this at all.

I am wondering if it is a windows update issue? I ask because I cannot install every windows update on this laptop, because I always get an error message from that too, but on my other laptop I think I have every windows update. Please help, thank you.

Getting error code 0x80004002 when trying to play any video with the Movies and TV app 80877e28-683e-4478-a108-ba25296379bd?upload=true.jpg

:)

StGemma, Aug 27, 2018
  2. HITrojan Win User

Movies & TV app

Thank you, I will try the initial troubleshooting steps you suggested. I didn't make any changes to my desktop and laptop, unless an automatic update changed something without me knowing. I am able to play the videos using 3rd party apps (KM and VLC),
    but they no longer play on the Movies & TV app which I prefer.

HITrojan, Aug 28, 2018
  3. [BUG] Movies and TV app

Hi, I noticed a bug on the Movies & TV app after a recent update. This bug is pretty hard to notice so I didn't get any support. I checked it on two other PCs and found the same.
    Please follow the steps and give me feedback. Do you experience the bug.? A simple Y/N is enough.

• Open the Movies and TV app (also called Films and TV)
    • Open any video folder
    • Play the last video from the folder
    • [BUG] Can you see "Next video" button on the right side.?(Also no
      previous video button)
    • When you click on the next video button which video gets played. Is it the
      second video
      in the folder?

I J Sankar, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Getting error code 0x80004002 when trying to play any video with the Movies and TV app

Movies & TV app

Until today I have been able to play videos from a memory card with the Movies & TV app. Now when I attempt to play one I am asked how I want to open it and Movies & TV is not listed in options. I tried Windows Media player but had no luck. What has changed
    and how do I get back to the app (Movies & TV) that was working prior to today?

Larry McNeill, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Getting error code 0x80004002 when trying to play any video with the Movies and TV app

1. Getting error code 0x80004002 when trying to play any video with the Movies and TV app - Similar Threads - Getting error code

2. Getting this error when trying to watch a video with Movies & TV player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting this error when trying to watch a video with Movies & TV player: Getting this error when trying to watch a video with the Movies & TV player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-this-error-when-trying-to-watch-a-video/4955a069-53f9-44a6-bee0-2eae5421ae33
  3. Getting this error when trying to watch a video with Movies & TV player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting this error when trying to watch a video with Movies & TV player: Getting this error when trying to watch a video with the Movies & TV player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-this-error-when-trying-to-watch-a-video/4955a069-53f9-44a6-bee0-2eae5421ae33
  4. Error 0xc00d36bb when trying to play 360 video with TV&Movies App after upgrade to Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc00d36bb when trying to play 360 video with TV&Movies App after upgrade to Windows...: Hello,I have a problem with playing back 360 videos with default TV&Movies App. It occurs after upgrading or installing Windows 2022 January Update. Player doesn't start and shows error 0xc00d36bb. If video doesn't have audio - using timelapse - it plays without problem.It...
  5. Error 0xc00d36bb when trying to play 360 video with TV&Movies App after upgrade to Windows...

Error 0xc00d36bb when trying to play 360 video with TV&Movies App after upgrade to Windows...: Hello,I have a problem with playing back 360 videos with default TV&Movies App. It occurs after upgrading or installing Windows 2022 January Update. Player doesn't start and shows error 0xc00d36bb. If video doesn't have audio - using timelapse - it plays without problem.It...
  6. Getting this error when I try to play videos in Movies & TV app & videos will not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting this error when I try to play videos in Movies & TV app & videos will not...: I can get my videos to play on other video players, but I need them to be working in the Movies & TV app because the software that I work with for video editing reads them from that app & now non of my project files can open the videos and I cannot do any of my work on my...
  7. Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to play any videos in YouTube and "Movies & TV" App: Hi Without any reason, one day I realised I cannot play any videos in YouTube in any browser, Chrome or Edge . Pressing Play Button it seems playback wants to start but it stops immediately. I downloaded the video. The same behaviour for the Movies &TV App, the downloaded...
  8. error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good

error while playing videos with movies and tv app but the sound is good: when i play a movie with movie and tv App its tell me "Missing codec" and the error code 0x887a0004. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-while-playing-videos-with-movies-and-tv-app/54c1fd67-0825-478c-90cf-3b5d82571bc0
  9. GPU overheating when playing a video on Movies & TV

GPU overheating when playing a video on Movies & TV: I literally wanted to watch a video on the app and after 2 min. my PC shuts off. I thought it overheated. The next day i wanted to see what did that. So i opened MSI Afternurner and played a video on the app and saw the GPU temperature was going up fast until it shut off to...
  10. Windows Movies and TV 'Missing codec' error when trying to play any video, error code...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Movies and TV 'Missing codec' error when trying to play any video, error code...: Hello, whenever I want to watch a movie on my PC or literally any video with movies and TV, I get this error when opening the video up, if I press ok the video doesn't play but the audio does, this issue doesn't exist while using VLC or any other player, but it's always more...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. movies and tv error 0x80004002

2. 0x80004002 movies and tv

3. microsoft movies and tv error code 0x80004002

4. 0x80004002 error when playing a movie,
  5. 0x80004002 microsoft movies,
  6. 0x80004002 movie,
  7. cant play microsoft movies 0x80004002,
  8. 0x80004002 movies and tv error,
  9. 0x80004002 cant play video,
  10. 0x80004002 movie app,
  11. error code 0x800c000b movies and tv,
  12. sound cant play error code 0x80004002,
  13. error code microsft movies and tv,
  14. what does it mean when i get a merror code oxc101bf when trying to play downloaded movie,
  15. error 0x80004002 windows 10 films and tv