Windows 10: Getting Errors - Please Help

Discus and support Getting Errors - Please Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was having issues with my desktop. I ran a diagnostics through powerfcg.exe and found this. Let me know what you guys think I should do: Energy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Nov 1, 2016.

1. yahanna Win User

Getting Errors - Please Help

I was having issues with my desktop. I ran a diagnostics through powerfcg.exe and found this. Let me know what you guys think I should do:

Energy efficiency problems were found.
    2 Errors
    5 Warnings
    26 Informational

See below for more details:

Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report

Computer Name
    Scan Time 2016-11-01T21:06:29Z
    Scan Duration 60 seconds
    System Manufacturer MSI
    System Product Name MS-7994
    BIOS Date 02/24/2016
    BIOS Version 5.20
    OS Build 14393
    Platform Role PlatformRoleDesktop
    Plugged In true
    Process Count 77
    Thread Count 1120
    Report GUID {ba3f16f0-fba2-4c9c-b656-ebef082158eb}

Analysis Results

Errors
    Platform Power Management CapabilitiesGetting Errors - Please Help :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.Device Drivers*Biggrinevices with missing or misconfigured drivers can increase power consumption.Device Name Microsoft PS/2 MouseDevice ID ACPI\PNP0F03\0Device Status 0x41802400Device Problem Code 0x18

Warnings
    USB Suspend:USB Device Rarely Entering Selective Suspend
    This device intermittently entered the USB Selective Suspend state during the trace. Processor power management may be prevented when this USB device is not in the Selective Suspend state. Note that this issue will not prevent the system from sleeping.Device Name Generic Bluetooth RadioHost Controller ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12FHost Controller Location PCI bus 0, device 20, function 0Device ID USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001Port Path 10Time Suspended (%) 21

CPU UtilizationGetting Errors - Please Help :processor utilization is moderate
    The average processor utilization during the trace was moderate. The system will consume less power when the average processor utilization is very low. Review processor utilization for individual processes to determine which applications and services contribute the most to total processor utilization.Average Utilization (%) 2.67

CPU Utilization:Individual process with significant processor utilization.
    This process is responsible for a significant portion of the total processor utilization recorded during the trace.Process Name WmiPrvSE.exePID 6500Average Utilization (%) 0.23Module Average Module Utilization (%)\SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe 0.15\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NTFS.sys 0.01\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\FLTMGR.SYS 0.01

This process is responsible for a significant portion of the total processor utilization recorded during the trace.Process Name backgroundTaskHost.exePID 6732Average Utilization (%) 0.22Module Average Module Utilization (%)\SystemRoot\System32\ntdll.dll 0.06\SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe 0.06\Windows\System32\combase.dll 0.01

This process is responsible for a significant portion of the total processor utilization recorded during the trace.Process Name RuntimeBroker.exePID 3768Average Utilization (%) 0.21Module Average Module Utilization (%)\SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe 0.11\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll 0.03\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\windows.storage.dll 0.01

InformationPlatform Timer ResolutionGetting Errors - Please Help :platform Timer Resolution
    The default platform timer resolution is 15.6ms (15625000ns) and should be used whenever the system is idle. If the timer resolution is increased, processor power management technologies may not be effective. The timer resolution may be increased due to multimedia playback or graphical animations.Current Timer Resolution (100ns units) 156266

Power Policy:Active Power Plan
    The current power plan in usePlan Name OEM BalancedPlan GUID {381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e}

Power PolicyGetting Errors - Please Help :power Plan Personality (Plugged In)
    The personality of the current power plan when the system is plugged in.Personality Balanced

Power Policy:802.11 Radio Power Policy is Maximum Performance (Plugged In)
    The current power policy for 802.11-compatible wireless network adapters is not configured to use low-power modes.

Power Policy:Video quality (Plugged In)
    Enables Windows Media Player to optimize for quality or power savings when playing video.Quality Mode Optimize for Video Quality

System Availability Requests:Analysis Success
    Analysis was successful. No energy efficiency problems were found. No information was returned.

Battery:Analysis Success
    Analysis was successful. No energy efficiency problems were found. No information was returned.

Platform Power Management Capabilities:Supported Sleep States
    Sleep states allow the computer to enter low-power modes after a period of inactivity. The S3 sleep state is the default sleep state for Windows platforms. The S3 sleep state consumes only enough power to preserve memory contents and allow the computer to resume working quickly. Very few platforms support the S1 or S2 Sleep states.S1 Sleep Supported falseS2 Sleep Supported falseS3 Sleep Supported trueS4 Sleep Supported true

Platform Power Management Capabilities:Connected Standby Support
    Connected standby allows the computer to enter a low-power mode in which it is always on and connected. If supported, connected standby is used instead of system sleep states.Connected Standby Supported false

Platform Power Management CapabilitiesGetting Errors - Please Help :processor Power Management Capabilities
    Effective processor power management enables the computer to automatically balance performance and energy consumption.Group 0Index 0Idle State Count 2Idle State Type ACPI Idle (C) StatesNominal Frequency (MHz) 3192Maximum Performance Percentage 796Lowest Performance Percentage 43Lowest Throttle Percentage 3Performance Controls Type ACPI Collaborative Processor Performance Control

Platform Power Management CapabilitiesGetting Errors - Please Help :processor Power Management Capabilities
    Effective processor power management enables the computer to automatically balance performance and energy consumption.Group 0Index 1Idle State Count 2Idle State Type ACPI Idle (C) StatesNominal Frequency (MHz) 3192Maximum Performance Percentage 796Lowest Performance Percentage 43Lowest Throttle Percentage 3Performance Controls Type ACPI Collaborative Processor Performance Control

Effective processor power management enables the computer to automatically balance performance and energy consumption.Group 0Index 2Idle State Count 2Idle State Type ACPI Idle (C) StatesNominal Frequency (MHz) 3192Maximum Performance Percentage 796Lowest Performance Percentage 43Lowest Throttle Percentage 3Performance Controls Type ACPI Collaborative Processor Performance Control

Effective processor power management enables the computer to automatically balance performance and energy consumption.Group 0Index 3Idle State Count 2Idle State Type ACPI Idle (C) StatesNominal Frequency (MHz) 3192Maximum Performance Percentage 796Lowest Performance Percentage 43Lowest Throttle Percentage 3Performance Controls Type ACPI Collaborative Processor Performance Control

:)

yahanna, Nov 1, 2016

2. Windows 10 failed attempts to use "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" function

Repeated backup failures. Running Windows 10, and when the “Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program is run front the Control Panel, I get the messages:

“Check your backup. The last backup did not complete successfully”.

“Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition (ESP). This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP.”

“Please retry the operation.”

Each time I retry, I get the same result and messages.

Windows 10 came installed on my Dell Inspiron 15 (500 Series) laptop. I have successfully used the same Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program to “Create a system image”, as well as to “Create a system repair disc”.

Please provide me with some insight and suggested actions.

{Please Help}, Nov 1, 2016
  3. Running windows 10 and lost browser connectivity after installing the 2013 Microsoft Office Suite

running windows 10 preinstalled on a new Dell lap top had no problem with windows browser, no problem installing Chrome, no problem downloading and activating 2013 Microsoft Office programs. BUT lost all browser connectivity after installing the 2013 Microsoft
    Office Suite. Internet connectivity confirmed along with DNS, pings, etc.

Should I uninstall the 2013 Microsoft Office Suite?

{Please Help}, Nov 1, 2016
Thema:

Getting Errors - Please Help

1. Getting Errors - Please Help - Similar Threads - Getting Errors Please

2. Keep getting different BSOD error codes, PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keep getting different BSOD error codes, PLEASE HELP: Copy of my WinDgb debugger reportMicrosoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP]Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be...
  3. getting this issue please help

getting this issue please help: SourceControls the DTS audio processing object.SummaryStopped workingDate‎07-‎08-‎2021 18:50StatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x\DtsApo4Service.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name:...
  4. PLEASE HELP!!!! why do I get this error?

PLEASE HELP!!!! why do I get this error?: I disable iCloud so it would stop loading files while i was attempting to run this command. i disabled iCloud and now it cant be found to delete the link. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> rmdir "C:\Users\Administrator\iCloudDrive" "E:\iCloudDrive" Remove-Item : A positional...
  5. An error please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An error please help: I was reinstalling my windows and by mistake i format all the partitions in my pc Now it is saying cheking media i am using my bootable pendrive but still it is showing checking media. My disk is gpt can you please guide me to reinstall my pc...
  6. Guys please help me I keep getting this error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Guys please help me I keep getting this error: I keep getting the 0xC004C060 error when trying to activate Microsoft Office 2019. Can anybody please help me? submitted by /u/OsakiYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ii4ng6/guys_please_help_me_i_keep_getting_this_error/
  7. I'm getting an error please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm getting an error please help: My laptop keeps going into recovery mode showing this srttrail.txt error. Chkdak takes 12hour, and srttrailtxt file doesn't show that's the cause of the error. Please help submitted by /u/gastro_destiny [link] [comments]...
  8. Help with error please

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help with error please: I recently got a blue screen error saying " Your PC ran into a problem and all that". Yesterday Windows Defender blocked "svchost.exe" after I deleted Edge Legacy with the help of an unknown source guidelines, which was followed by an update on restart. I scanned all files...
  9. I Keep Getting these 2 errors....please help!

I Keep Getting these 2 errors....please help!: Whenever I click on a link in my email I get one of these errors seen above. I posted in a different forum about this a month ago and was told to do something in the browser security area to fix this issue. It did fix the issue....for a while and now its back. Thanks in...
  10. Please Help Getting this error again and again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please Help Getting this error again and again: Please Help Getting this error again and again. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/please-help-getting-this-error-again-and-again/c790d902-1fb9-4477-8f1c-75bda1da696c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. energy efficiency problems were found.5 errors5 warnings34 informational