Windows 10: Getting faster -HD for laptop. How do I clone?

Discus and support Getting faster -HD for laptop. How do I clone? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Getting a faster HD for my laptop. On my desktop it's easy to backup and clone How would I do this for laptop though ? 74759 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pittguy578, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Getting faster -HD for laptop. How do I clone?

Getting a faster HD for my laptop.
    On my desktop it's easy to backup and clone
    How would I do this for laptop though ?

:)

pittguy578, Jan 12, 2017

2. WD Full Scan

I have just purchased a lower end laptop. WD is taking 15hrs to get through 3/4 of the full scan, is this normal and what are the possible causes/solutions? An even lower model laptop I just upgraded from seemed to have no such issues. Previous model had
    a Celeron processor and 32gb hd, current model has an AMD A4 processor and 500gb hd, both 4gb RAM. Is it possibly that there is potentially much more files/space to scan and not a much faster(if not slower processor)?

ih8uusernames, Jan 12, 2017
  3. Shaharico Win User
    My laptop tried to upgrade from Win7 to Win10, and now I get a black screen. How do I revert to Win7? Dell Inspiron n5050

My Son's laptop (Dell Inspiron n5050) tried to upgrade from Win7 to Win10, and now I get a black screen.

How do I revert to Win7?

If it helps, I have access to the HD and can connect it to another computer as an external HD.

Thanks guys.

Shaharico, Jan 12, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Getting faster -HD for laptop. How do I clone?

What I would suggest you do is buy a USB 3.0 enclosure for the old hard drive, that way you can use it for external storage after you remove it from the laptop. The steps would be:

Make a bootable USB flash drive or DVD of Kyhi's recovery tools:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Make sure you can boot your computer from it. Replace the hard drive. Place the old hard drive in the enclosure or connect it to a USB to SATA adapter cable. Boot from Kyhi's recovery tools. Use Macrium Reflect or AEOMI Partition Assistant to clone the old drive connected by USB to the new drive installed internally.

Here's a couple examples of cables and enclosures:
    Amazon.com: [USB 3.0 & Tool-free ] Inateck USB 3.0 HDD SATA External Hard Drive Disk Enclosure Case for 9.5mm 7mm 2.5 Inch SATA HDD and SSD(FE2004): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: StarTech USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA III Hard Drive Adapter Cable w/ UASP - SATA to USB 3.0 Converter for SSD/HDD: Computers & Accessories

Here's more information:
    Computer wouldn't boot after cloning to SSD

After you get the new HDD running in the computer, the first thing I would do is make an image of it with Macrium Reflect storing it on the old HDD for backup.

NavyLCDR, Jan 12, 2017
Thema:

Getting faster -HD for laptop. How do I clone?

1. Getting faster -HD for laptop. How do I clone? - Similar Threads - Getting faster laptop

2. How do I make my low-end laptop faster?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my low-end laptop faster?: Here are my specs:cpu: i7 -4610M 3 GHzRam: 16 Gb DDR3SSD C: 97 GbSSD D: 140 GbGpu: Intel HD graphics 4600 dedicatied video ram = 576 mbIs there a way to make my low-end laptop faster?...
  3. How do I make my low-end laptop faster?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my low-end laptop faster?: Here are my specs:cpu: i7 -4610M 3 GHzRam: 16 Gb DDR3SSD C: 97 GbSSD D: 140 GbGpu: Intel HD graphics 4600 dedicatied video ram = 576 mbIs there a way to make my low-end laptop faster?...
  4. How do I make my low-end laptop faster?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I make my computer faster?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my computer faster?: I have a Dell Vostro 3360, 8 years old with 6 gbs of ram and it has a core i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz. This computer had windows 7 pro I am not sure as I had updated it to windows 10 a long time back. and it was working perfectly fine, but I updated it to windows 10 and now it...
  6. HD clone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HD clone.: So recently i have bought a new Samsung Evo 860 because i wanted to remove the spinning old HD from my laptop, my old HD had only games so i didn't clone the stuff from HD to new SSD. My question is it fine to just reinstall the games i want or do i need to do somthing before...
  7. Access to cloned HD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access to cloned HD: I need the option to boot from a second cloned hard drive OS disk F on startup. See attached image: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-cloned-hd/7ae5448d-418f-4cb7-b38a-3520e86a29a4
  8. Clone windows 10 hd

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone windows 10 hd: Once I am satisfied with my laptop set up (laptop #1), I want to clone the hd and put it in an identical laptop. HD's are identical. The laptop (#2) that the cloned drive is going into has a valid Windows 10 install now, but it is has some corruption that apparently can't be...
  9. Clone laptop hd to SSD not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clone laptop hd to SSD not working: I cloned laptop to SSD and it says cloned successfully. I stick the SSD into the laptop and it doesn't work. Messages on screen say ' Initialising and establishing link' Then ' DHCP' with a flashing slash' 'Exiting intel boot agent cannot boot from any device' then to a...
  10. how do i clone a dell laptop HD to a desktop HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i clone a dell laptop HD to a desktop HD: I have a Dell laptop and a Dell desktop. The laptop has a 500 gig HD with windows and all my files and programs. I initially tried to remove the HD from the laptop and put it into the desktop but it would not boot. I have a separate new 500 gig seagate HD that I would like to...