Windows 10: "Getting files ready for installation" step where it simply stops

Discus and support "Getting files ready for installation" step where it simply stops in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hoping someone can point me in the right direction...the scenario - newly purchased desktop licensed for W7pro64 which was installed via dell recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeeZRX, Jul 26, 2016.

1. GeeZRX Win User

"Getting files ready for installation" step where it simply stops

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction...the scenario - newly purchased desktop licensed for W7pro64 which was installed via dell recovery disk - no problems - upgraded to W10pro64 online - no problems, worked good with no issues I could see for a week+. I then realized that it should be setup in UEFI mode (totally new to me) and the SSD should have the USER folders permanently moved to the secondary HDD. Read through complete tutorial on that and this tutorial on clean install. Verified the procedure I planned to use with Kari on User Folders Move tutorial. Downloaded a W10 iso from Tech Bench site and made a bootable DVD to use for clean install. Used Parted Magic Secure Erase and cleared the SSD, allowing it time for trim/garbage removal, disconnect the secondary HDD cable. Reset the bios to UEFI mode, no legacy option roms and Secure Boot disabled. Successfully boot to DVD in UEFI mode from boot options screen and proceed with clean install with no problems until "Getting files ready for installation" step where it simply stops when showing 12-13% done. No error given, not locked up, etc. DVD and SSD drive lights become solid on. No change after over 2 hours of sitting. This has happened exactly the same now on 3 separate attempts at this. Verified each time that 4 partitions have indeed been created on the SSD...and I've removed them back to unallocated space before each further attempt. Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated!

Skip

:)

GeeZRX, Jul 26, 2016

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Jul 26, 2016
  3. okinawa---01, Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

"Getting files ready for installation" step where it simply stops

1. "Getting files ready for installation" step where it simply stops - Similar Threads - Getting files ready

2. how to simply reinstall windows 10 home edition step by step ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to simply reinstall windows 10 home edition step by step ?: hello readerso a few months back i changed my windows 10 home edition to a pirated windows 10 pro edition by changing to a pirated product key i got from a youtube video but now i want to go back to legal home edition. i know for that i need to reinstall my windows 10 home so...
  3. how to simply reinstall windows 10 home edition step by step ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to simply reinstall windows 10 home edition step by step ?: hello readerso a few months back i changed my windows 10 home edition to a pirated windows 10 pro edition by changing to a pirated product key i got from a youtube video but now i want to go back to legal home edition. i know for that i need to reinstall my windows 10 home so...
  4. Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK: I just built a new computer and am trying to install Windows 10 on my M.2 SSD through the Installation Tool USB provided by Microsoft. However its been stuck on"Getting files ready for Installation 86%"For a few hours now. I have attempted to restart my computer during this...
  5. Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK: I just built a new computer and am trying to install Windows 10 on my M.2 SSD through the Installation Tool USB provided by Microsoft. However its been stuck on"Getting files ready for Installation 86%"For a few hours now. I have attempted to restart my computer during this...
  6. Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Stuck at Getting files ready for installation

Stuck at Getting files ready for installation: So,I Bought a New SSD Which is There's No OS Installed But When Did I Put The CD In,Wait For an hour,The "Getting files ready for installation" is still stuck at 64%,I Wait for an another hour,and still stuck at 64%,Please Someone Help Me...
  8. Getting files ready for installation stuck at 29%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting files ready for installation stuck at 29%: I'm installing windows 10 with the media creation tool, and it seems to be stuck at 29%, any help? submitted by /u/RhCp67 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxg9wv/getting_files_ready_for_installation_stuck_at_29/
  9. Stuck at "Getting files ready for installation"

Stuck at "Getting files ready for installation": My computer was bogging down, so i decided to do a freah install of windows 10. I made a proper bootable usb thats made for uefi with the media creation tool. It keeps getting stuck at about 89% even with a custom install and deleting all possible partitions. Ive tried to...
  10. Getting files ready for installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting files ready for installation: So recently my previous windows 10 file was corrupted so I needed a new iso file... in the progress of installing I've been stuck with Getting files ready for installation part for 2 hours.. is there any fix?...