Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Discus and support Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just discovered that I can't open up the WindowsApps folder to view the subfolders AND the Advanced Security Settings greys out the check boxes for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, May 30, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

I just discovered that I can't open up the WindowsApps folder to view the subfolders AND the Advanced Security Settings greys out the check boxes for full access, etc. Weird part is this message in the yellow box. How can one delete this "corrrupt entry?"

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps [​IMG]

:)

2. LucasJens Win User

Gain access to the folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Original title: Store Apps Filenames

I would like to know how to gain access to the folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ,
    I have tried the security tab, yet I do not know what to do next. It would be great if someone could help me on this one!

I am running Windows 10,

Thanks a lot!

LucasJens, May 30, 2018
  3. Pushyanth K S Win User
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_1.11.3005.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Hello,

Thank you fro posting your query in Microsoft community.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would require more information to help you better.

When do you get this "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_1.11.3005.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe" message?

Reply with necessary information to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, May 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps - Similar Threads - Getting full access

2. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  3. In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...: In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the App Settings utility. Is there another way? I believe that I had inadvertently deleted a file from the Programs (x86) folder for that program. When I try to uninstall the program using the settings utility, I...
  4. Is whatsnewapp.exe at c:\windows\systemapps part of Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is whatsnewapp.exe at c:\windows\systemapps part of Windows 10?: Hello, Online searches give me no good information about whatsnewapp.exe, which is at c:\windows\systemapps\. The first search result points to a known malware site (spywareremove dot com). Is this whatsnewapp.exe part of Windows? What function does it perform? I can't...
  5. Hp pavilion won't access windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp pavilion won't access windows 10: Hello i need help my hp Pavilion which cost me a lot of money and i just got it a little over a month ago is telling me that it cant access windows 10 and i have no idea how to fix it and everything ive tried hasnt worked is there any way to contact an employee that can walk...
  6. I cant get access to my external hard drive pictures

I cant get access to my external hard drive pictures: I bought a new laptop with windows 10. I recently backed up my photos from my old computer and want to put them on my new computer. It keeps saying access denied. I know its not the hard drive because everything else works except the photos. I need help....
  7. Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users: This is a common issue among large screen resolutions and has been around since at least 2011 as evident by this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/is-there-a-way-to-set-windows-7-login-screen/b6b95eb5-736e-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5 Will...
  8. Unable to get past the secure boot image failed to verify with *ACCESS DENIED* press any...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to get past the secure boot image failed to verify with *ACCESS DENIED* press any...: when i press the enter key the same message occurs. I am unable to get past it. The message comes back and back again. Before i got this message i had done control alt delete to shut down my laptop as it was stuck with the dots going in circles and had been for about...
  9. Created the Repair Disc Win 10-64, How to get it to Boot?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Created the Repair Disc Win 10-64, How to get it to Boot?: I have created the ' Repair Disc for Windows 10-64 Bit', then turned off the PC and turned back on with said disk plugged in, nothing happened! I got back my normal window boot screen. Am I missing something? the wonderful MS intelligent directions called the created disk a...
  10. I have a hacker taking over my computer thru Supremo. How to get rid of him?

I have a hacker taking over my computer thru Supremo. How to get rid of him?: I first get a notification that Supremo is opening a remote session and then there he is, taking over my computer and he is on my desktop and opening anything he wants, including bank accts. I need help, PLEASE!...