Windows 10: Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Discus and support Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just discovered that I can't open up the WindowsApps folder to view the subfolders AND the Advanced Security Settings greys out the check boxes for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, May 30, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

I just discovered that I can't open up the WindowsApps folder to view the subfolders AND the Advanced Security Settings greys out the check boxes for full access, etc. Weird part is this message in the yellow box. How can one delete this "corrrupt entry?"

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps [​IMG]

:)

2. LucasJens Win User

Gain access to the folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Original title: Store Apps Filenames

I would like to know how to gain access to the folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ,
    I have tried the security tab, yet I do not know what to do next. It would be great if someone could help me on this one!

I am running Windows 10,

Thanks a lot!

LucasJens, May 30, 2018
  3. Pushyanth K S Win User
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_1.11.3005.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Hello,

Thank you fro posting your query in Microsoft community.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would require more information to help you better.

When do you get this "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_1.11.3005.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe" message?

Reply with necessary information to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

1. Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps - Similar Threads - Getting full access

2. How to get full permissions for C drive folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get full permissions for C drive folders?: I have spent a ridiculous amount of time Googling this now, going from forum to forum and am now (understandably, no?) feeling very irritated! *sarc Why on earth do Microsoft design Windows 10 Home Edition so that dialogue boxes come up telling you to contact the system or...
  3. Sticky Notes upgrade - cannot access C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes upgrade - cannot access C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: Hi guys, Following the windows 10 upgrade, sticky notes was also upgraded to verson 3.0.118.0 however we are having a slight issue. Anyone who starts up or searching within the sticky notes app gets the error that is attached. This is for domain users and for domain admins....
  4. Sticky Notes upgrade - cannot access C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

in Windows 10 Support
    Sticky Notes upgrade - cannot access C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: Hi guys, Following the windows 10 upgrade, sticky notes was also upgraded to verson 3.0.118.0 however we are having a slight issue. Anyone who starts up or searching within the sticky notes app gets the error that is attached. This is for domain users and for domain admins....
  5. RE: C: Drive is almost full

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RE: C: Drive is almost full: Hello Just one more quick question if I may. My main OS c: is almost full (in the red) new it would happen eventually. A couple of questions one being which is the best option for cleaning the device without loosing personal files and settings. I know there are a few...
  6. C Drive not accessible

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C Drive not accessible: Hi. Windows 10 is installed in C drive. By mistake i changed the security settings and now neither i can access it nor i can install anything on it. I've attached few of the pictures. If you can help me in solving this issue i'll be really thankful to you. Thanks,...
  7. "Deny full control" on a folder, how to get access again ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Deny full control" on a folder, how to get access again ?: Hi, For a folder, on properties, security tab, I've set "Deny full control" for every user. Now I cannot do anything with this folder. It's the "Bonjour" folder with the Apple app. How can I get access again, and delete this app and folder ? 61561
  8. C: Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: Program: Before I start, I'm just a kid. Hi, I'm and needs help from anyone who knows how to help. Screenshot: [img] This started when I deleted a Ad popup on the control panel. I need help on how to fix this, I tried using AVG and CCleaner but nothing happened. 32708
  9. Not getting full bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not getting full bandwidth?: I have 100mbps service and it doesn't feel like I'm getting anywhere near that most days. The family is out leaving only 3 devices in the house instead of the usual 12. I've heard rumors that Windows 10 takes a percentage of any given bandwidth to feed itself and others...
  10. Full format of my 'C' Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full format of my 'C' Drive: I am just about to do a re-install of Windows 10 and am wondering if I can first do a very thorough clean-up of my 'C' drive first by doing a full format before carrying our the reinstall. I am just about to look for the USB stick with Windows 10 on it, I think that it...