Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Discus and support Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I just discovered that I can't open up the WindowsApps folder to view the subfolders AND the Advanced Security Settings greys out the check boxes for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, May 30, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

I just discovered that I can't open up the WindowsApps folder to view the subfolders AND the Advanced Security Settings greys out the check boxes for full access, etc. Weird part is this message in the yellow box. How can one delete this "corrrupt entry?"

[​IMG]

:)

2. LucasJens Win User

Gain access to the folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Original title: Store Apps Filenames

I would like to know how to gain access to the folder C:\Program Files\WindowsApps ,
    I have tried the security tab, yet I do not know what to do next. It would be great if someone could help me on this one!

I am running Windows 10,

Thanks a lot!

LucasJens, May 30, 2018
  3. Pushyanth K S Win User
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_1.11.3005.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Hello,

Thank you fro posting your query in Microsoft community.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would require more information to help you better.

When do you get this "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Messaging_1.11.3005.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe" message?

Reply with necessary information to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps - Similar Threads - Getting full access

1. how to get black background in Edge in opening a PDF in Full Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    how to get black background in Edge in opening a PDF in Full Screen: Hi, how to get black background in Edge in opening a PDF in Full Screen. PFA the screen shot. How to get full black in the background? I was using Reader App, but it is not opening now. It is always asking to open in Edge. Which is fine, but if I open pdf in edge and go...
  2. Administrator permissions: How do I get full access of my computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrator permissions: How do I get full access of my computer?: When trying to rename, copy or delete certain files or folders, I keep getting the annoying "You need administrator permission" prompt. I then click the button and it's done. But it's totally annoying and it seems so random because those files are no important system files or...
  3. "Deny full control" on a folder, how to get access again ?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Deny full control" on a folder, how to get access again ?: Hi, For a folder, on properties, security tab, I've set "Deny full control" for every user. Now I cannot do anything with this folder. It's the "Bonjour" folder with the Apple app. How can I get access again, and delete this app and folder ? 61561
  4. Not getting full bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Support
    Not getting full bandwidth?: I have 100mbps service and it doesn't feel like I'm getting anywhere near that most days. The family is out leaving only 3 devices in the house instead of the usual 12. I've heard rumors that Windows 10 takes a percentage of any given bandwidth to feed itself and others...
  5. Windows 10 gets full disk usage every time the screen is turned off

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 gets full disk usage every time the screen is turned off: I have a Windows 10 Pro, up-to-date now, full drivers, but it has an annoying problem. Each time I don't touch the computer (dont move mouse or type) after 2 minutes, the screen is turned off (yes, I set 2 minutes for automatically turning off the screen), but when the screen...
  6. How can I take ownership and get full access to files and folders

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I take ownership and get full access to files and folders: Hi! I recently installed the SSD and Windows 10 on my device. I had Windows 7 on HDD and now I put this drive to external enclosure. Now I want to copy my data to my SSD on Windows 10 but I need to take ownership and get full access to files and folders but I don't want to...
  7. How to get/display full path *and* file name of a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get/display full path *and* file name of a file?: Hi All, Any way to get/display the full path and file name of a file? It's easy to get the full path, but I want to get the path and file name. I know I can grab them separately. Can I get them together? How? I did a google and youtube search and didn't find any hits....
Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps solved