Windows 10: Getting many Windows Module Installer entries in System Restore Points

Discus and support Getting many Windows Module Installer entries in System Restore Points in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi. I've found a lot of Windows Module Installer entries when I check my SR points, sometimes on a daily basis. If no SR points were created a System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Mcd73165, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

Getting many Windows Module Installer entries in System Restore Points

Hi. I've found a lot of Windows Module Installer entries when I check my SR points, sometimes on a daily basis. If no SR points were created a System Checkpoint will be created after 7 days after a previous SR point which is normal. If I Scan for affected programs nothing is shown (unless I installed or uninstalled a program prior to these restore points) Does anyone know what these Module Installer Updates are for or what's supposed to be updated?.
    I deleted all SR points and rebooted then created a restore point manually 2 days ago and so far no Windows Module Installer entries.
    Thanks, Mark

:)

Mcd73165, Aug 22, 2018
  2. graye Win User

System Restore is on But No Restore Points

Merely enabling the System Restore feature won't create a restore point. In older version of Windows, there was a scheduled task that periodically did a restore point.... but the schedule isn't configurable in Windows 10

So, Restore Points are created when:

• You manually create them
    • You do an install or uninstall of a software package
    • You get an update from Microsoft
    • Periodically... but you can't choose when

Here is an example of my Restore Points (notice that "Show more restore points" is checked):

Getting many Windows Module Installer entries in System Restore Points d8d0c44f-3235-43b7-8fa9-7334af8689a2?upload=true.png

graye, Aug 22, 2018
  3. BJM
    bjm Win User
    System restore point automatic create not working....need help.

Were you seeing CAPI2 errors with Macrium & System Restore.

And after enabling system protection.
    1) Does System Protection automatically create and populate checkpoints to list.
    Does System Protection create restore points when called by a program and populate checkpoints to list.

2) I'd like to confirm whether my issue is unique to me or common.
    My issue is that I can manually create restore points okay and those manual created will populate to my list.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list. Albeit, Task Scheduler shows Last Run time change.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list e.g., with Windows Updates.
    When create restore point is called by a program. I see activity that suggest restore point is being created ...but, again the activity does not translate to an entry in my list.

Getting many Windows Module Installer entries in System Restore Points [​IMG]

4. Getting many Windows Module Installer entries in System Restore Points

Cannot Create System Restore Point Because Cannot Turn On System Protection

In Control Panel/System/System Properties/System Protection, "Available Drives," all that is listed is "Searching..." No drives are located, so no System Restore point can be established.

How to fix?

I have an extensive active thread in another area of the community dealing with the failure of this PC to install the latest Windows 10 update. Prior to executing the next suggested step to fix that problem I need to create a System Restore point, so a
    solution to this issue must be found before I can move forward on the major problem.

YES, I have ALREADY run the SFC Command as Administrator and the report was that everything was A-OK.

Curmudgeon10, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Getting many Windows Module Installer entries in System Restore Points

1. Getting many Windows Module Installer entries in System Restore Points - Similar Threads - Getting many Module

2. The module "KERNELBASE.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The module "KERNELBASE.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found....: Windows 10 Pro - Version10.0.19044 - Build 19044SCAN 3XS Custom Build dedicated DAW Workstation LaptopIntel i7-10550H @ 2.60 GHz 12 logical Processors32 Gig RAMSamsung NVMe SSD 860 EVO 1TB - System DriveSamsung NVMe SSD 970 SCSI 2TB - Storage Drive 1Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus...
  3. The module "KERNELBASE.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The module "KERNELBASE.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found....: Windows 10 Pro - Version10.0.19044 - Build 19044SCAN 3XS Custom Build dedicated DAW Workstation LaptopIntel i7-10550H @ 2.60 GHz 12 logical Processors32 Gig RAMSamsung NVMe SSD 860 EVO 1TB - System DriveSamsung NVMe SSD 970 SCSI 2TB - Storage Drive 1Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus...
  4. Many restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Many restore points: What is going on, this is only some of the 30 restore points that were made on the same afternoon and I haven't installed anything. Checked to see what programs were affected and it said none: [img] 166024
  5. Many restore points

in Windows 10 Support
    Many restore points: What is going on, this is only some of the 30 restore points that were made on the same afternoon and I haven't installed anything. Checked to see what programs were affected and it said none: [img] 166024
  6. Windows Modules Installer, should I be seeing it as a restore point?

Windows Modules Installer, should I be seeing it as a restore point?: Hi May be a dumb question, but I've only just started paying more attention to this. I know in the past I've been frustrated by not having a very recent restore point because of bad computer practice when making a change which might affect the registry. I'm doing better. But...
  7. Windows Modules Installer listed System Restore Point fails in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Modules Installer listed System Restore Point fails in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If when you try to revert your Windows 10 computer to the Windows Modules Installer created System Restore point and it fails, then this post […] This article Windows Modules Installer listed System Restore Point fails in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  8. machine creating windows modules installer restore points continuously

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    machine creating windows modules installer restore points continuously: Hey all, Sorry if this is old news. I went back a ways and didn't find anything on it. Great running win 10 pro laptop. SFC passes, I don't use registry cleaners or anything like that. I create a restore point monthly. Starting in Aug I noticed that it creates them on its...
  9. Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points

Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points: Every day, for at least three or four weeks, "Windows Modules Installer" is listed in System Restore points as being a restore item.What, Why and How would this be happening?Is there a way to find out what the installer is trying to install (and why it runs every day)?...
  10. Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points: Every day, for at least three or four weeks, "Windows Modules Installer" is listed in System Restore points as being a restore item.What, Why and How would this be happening?Is there a way to find out what the installer is trying to install (and why it runs every day)?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restore show windows module installer downloaded

2. what is windows modules installer windows 10 system restore point

3. what is windows modules installer windows 10 creates system restore point every time