Windows 10: getting mesage publisher can not be trusted, unable to install app

Discus and support getting mesage publisher can not be trusted, unable to install app in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Trying to install irfanview.....get error message untrustworthy publisher... researched ed how to solve this, but having no luck, have unblocked... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by reddwarf4ever, Feb 25, 2016.

1. getting mesage publisher can not be trusted, unable to install app

Trying to install irfanview.....get error message untrustworthy publisher...

researched ed how to solve this, but having no luck, have unblocked file and running as admin...

tried ed elevated command prompt and Net user administrator /active:yes

this enables the admin login and I am able to install without issue, but select for all users...

Is there a simpler cleaner way of doing this from my original user account...?

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Feb 25, 2016

2. How to install a Not trusted publisher Setup.exe

Please read prior posts. The problem I am experiencing is while installing a samsung laser printer utilizing the original CD enclosed in the box with the printer. It stops the software install with the not trusted publisher error. The software had been installed
    error free under Window8. While utilizing the same CD to install the printer on Windows 10 is when the message is displayed and the installation is terminated. There are many posts by individuals experiencing the same issue while installing original software
    from many different manufactures. What changed in Windows 10 and how to install manufactured software. I have tried the work arounds as did many others and all failed. I reinstalled Windows 8.1 and it installed fine. Went back to Windows 10 and it will
    not installstall. Not Trusted publisher.

EdwardHahn1120, Feb 25, 2016
  3. How to install a Not trusted publisher Setup.exe

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to disable you Windows Firewall and antivirus software
    temporarily and try to install.

Note: Running the computer without firewall or the anti-virus software is a potential threat to the computer; make sure to enable the security software after completing the installation and after identifying the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 25, 2016
  4. caperjack Win User

getting mesage publisher can not be trusted, unable to install app

caperjack, Feb 25, 2016
  5. from irfanview website.....

reddwarf4ever, Feb 27, 2016
  6. socklosk Win User
    I installed it several months ago and it has been working great, but I sometimes get the same notice installing other software which will not install.

socklosk, Feb 27, 2016
  7. Hi
    yes that's why I was looking for a ' proper' solution....

thanks

8. caperjack Win User

I have gotten the message with some software myself ,don't remember any specifics ,but I would just click where it said install anyway ,and all was good ,but a few unsupported or incompatible apps were removed by Windows ,,I don't have a proper solution for you sorry!

I will try installing it on another of my computers

caperjack, Feb 27, 2016
  9. caperjack Win User
    I just installed on win10 build 10586.104 and it took about 20 seconds to load and gave me no error message ,maybe an issue with security software you are running or windows/user acct ,security setting of some sort

caperjack, Feb 27, 2016
  10. maybe, hopefully I can get an answer
    thanks

11. caperjack Win User
    try installing again maybe ,and when you get the error take a close look at it and see if there is any hint as to who/what /where the message is coming from. also when you get the error message ,look for a check box or click on ,to install anyway ,that what on got from other software installs.

edit-- check this for untrusted publishers ..

To unblock a software publisher:
    1. In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    2. Go to the Content tab, Look under the Certificates section.
    3. Click on Publishers button.
    4. Select the Untrusted Publishers tab.
    5. Select the Publisher you wish to unblock and click the Remove button."

edit 2-- when you try install it do you get to where it asks to associate it with different file types ,if yes ,check off none and see if it goes any further in the install .

caperjack, Feb 27, 2016
  12. it's a Windows generated error....I don't use and don't have iE installed I use chrome........
    what do I do now ???

thanks

13. caperjack Win User

IE is installed ,you may not use it but its there ,in the ,start--all apps-- ,windows -accessories ---folder .

don't know what to add ,I think it not just a win10 problem ,it install on all 3 of my computer running win10,no issue.

caperjack, Feb 27, 2016
  14. thanks I have edge , but not IE......will have a look

thanks

15. when I download the ISO for Windows 10 I chose the N version which does not include IE...
    but I will have a look tomorrow...
    thanks

reddwarf4ever, Feb 28, 2016
Thema:

1. getting mesage publisher can not be trusted, unable to install app - Similar Threads - getting mesage publisher

2. Do you trust the publisher of this remote app program -How to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do you trust the publisher of this remote app program -How to get rid of this?: Hey friends,I'm trying to make this process smooth for users who access it from outside public internet and would like this pop screen to not show up. I've tried so much with no luck. In my computer GPO, I've tried adding the Thumbprint of the certificate, with no luck. I...
  3. Do you trust the publisher of this remote app program -How to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do you trust the publisher of this remote app program -How to get rid of this?: Hey friends,I'm trying to make this process smooth for users who access it from outside public internet and would like this pop screen to not show up. I've tried so much with no luck. In my computer GPO, I've tried adding the Thumbprint of the certificate, with no luck. I...
  4. Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate: I am working on trying code signing on my test environment and have now created a certificate template on my CA that I can request with my user. The certificate expires after one year, but in my Powershell script I give a timestamp server when signing. So the signed script...
  5. Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate: I am working on trying code signing on my test environment and have now created a certificate template on my CA that I can request with my user. The certificate expires after one year, but in my Powershell script I give a timestamp server when signing. So the signed script...
  6. Trusted Publisher - Code Signing Certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. i get this mesage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i get this mesage: I get this message windows.com/stopcode critical service failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-this-mesage/584d7bec-1d5b-4ed6-b191-093d376ad262
  8. Trusted Publisher or Trusted softwares

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trusted Publisher or Trusted softwares: How do I get to know that which apps are trusted that I am currently using? Need an experts help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/trusted-publisher-or-trusted-softwares/444449a2-3476-4ff1-bcce-5b00a9364038
  9. should I trust ANVISOFT publisher?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    should I trust ANVISOFT publisher?: 6 months ago I've downloaded an app called ANVI FOLDER LOCKER by ANVISOFT publisher. Now I got to know about this publisher is, the creator of ANVISOFT is a CHINESE HACKER. Now I'm worried about my personal data, privacy did they all go to the creator, should I still trust...
  10. Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection'

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Publisher not Trusted, App blocked for 'protection': Hi all. I upgraded from 7 to 10 over the weekend. Few minor issues with graphics drivers, but everything was working smoothly. When I went to open my VPN (Torguard), I received a UAC error message, stating that the app had been blocked for my protection, citing an...