Windows 10: Getting photos from Dropbox to Pictures folder in Windows 10

Discus and support Getting photos from Dropbox to Pictures folder in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am getting photos out of Dropbox (sent to me) into Windows Ex;plorer but I can't get them out of Explorer into my Pictures folder! Can anyone help or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pnorman, Feb 10, 2016.

1. pnorman Win User

Getting photos from Dropbox to Pictures folder in Windows 10

I am getting photos out of Dropbox (sent to me) into Windows Ex;plorer but I can't get them out of Explorer into my Pictures folder! Can anyone help or point me to where I can find help?

Thanks,

Pam

:)

pnorman, Feb 10, 2016

2. Windows 10 Photos App not seeing photos in Dropbox Folder

Fix:

• Open Dropbox folder
    • Find the Photos folder inside the Dropbox folder.
    • Right-click the Photos folder, point to "Include in Library", and click "Pictures" in the list

Done. Now the Photos app will include this folder in the set of photos it uses.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Photos App not seeing photos in Dropbox Folder

I have been using Windows 10 for a few months and have always had my Dropbox photos folder (D:\<username>\Dropbox\Photos) set up as a source folder in the Photos App and it worked beautifully. However, at some point within the past week or sp this has
    stopped working entirely. I can still see photos in other locations like D:\<username>\Pictures as well as pictures in my OneDrive, but for whatever reason the Photos App no longer recognizes files in the D:\<username>\Dropbox directory or any sub-directories
    there in. It just says (translating, so I don't know the original English) "Cannot find any readable photos, videos, or folders." How can I fix this? Is this a bug?

Theodore Brown, Feb 10, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Try it this way....................

Go back to your DropBox > right click at one of the photos > click Download > at the bottom > click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to the Pictures folder > click the folder > at the bottom, click Save.

If you have multiple photos you want to download,press Ctrl key and HOLD > while holding, left click at photos you want to download > when selected, right click at one of the photos > click Download > at the bottom > click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to the Pictures folder > click the folder > at the bottom, click Save.

davidhk, Feb 10, 2016
  5. pnorman Win User
    Unfortunately that didn't work. But I did find directions elsewhere that sere pretty simple. Once in Explorer, Select All. Click on Home, click on Copy, click on on Pictures, click on Home, click on Paste. Voila! Thanks tho.

pnorman, Feb 10, 2016
  6. linw Win User
    Always many ways of skinning cats in windows!

linw, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting photos from Dropbox to Pictures folder in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Getting photos Dropbox

2. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  3. Photos or pictures folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos or pictures folders: After purchasing my new lap top I transferred my photos across. I am not sure if they are in two places. I believe they are in the cloud. I think they are on my Laptop. I can open a pictures folder and it says folder is empty . I can open the same name "pictures " and it...
  4. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  5. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder: How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is there some way to do this?...
  6. Photos are missing from my PICTURES folder.

Photos are missing from my PICTURES folder.: Photos are missing from my PICTURES folder. There were originally approx. 20 photos in a folder named "SHUTTLEWORTH", but there are now only 9. They are not in the recycle bin. I have not deleted them, nor moved them. Having had a quick look at some of the other folder,...
  7. Windows 10 photo edits and the picture folder

Windows 10 photo edits and the picture folder: When I edit a photo in Windows 10 photo on my new Dell computer and save a copy of the edited photo, the saved copy shows in Photos with the identifying number with a 2 after it, but the edited photo is not in the Pictures folder. How do I correct this?...
  8. How to export photos from Photo App to pictures in my documents or upload to dropbox

How to export photos from Photo App to pictures in my documents or upload to dropbox: The only option for sharing photos in the photo app is on the OneDrive and I need to share my photo or upload them to dropbox for my work. Is there a way to move photos from my photos over to pictures in my documents so I can upload them to dropbox?...
  9. Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10

Saving photos from Photos to Pictures in Windows 10: When I take a photo on my iPhone, the photo is automatically added to the Photos app on my PC - Windows 10. But, when I save the same photo to the Pictures file/program, a duplicate copy is made in the Photos app. Is there a way to stop a duplicate copy from being made ? I...
  10. Windows 10 Photos app not loading pictures from any folder

Windows 10 Photos app not loading pictures from any folder: i have the same complaint as many others have. So the photos app on my windows 10 is not able to load pics from any of the folder. Thus i request you to guide me through the same....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy dropbox pictures in windows 10