Windows 10: Getting Pop-Up "You'll need a new app to open this About"

Discus and support Getting Pop-Up "You'll need a new app to open this About" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I get this pop-up often when i click or right click on items: You'll need a new app to open this about. Look for an app in the Store Always use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GDaddyo, Aug 30, 2015.

1. GDaddyo Win User

Getting Pop-Up "You'll need a new app to open this About"

I get this pop-up often when i click or right click on items:
    You'll need a new app to open this about.
    Look for an app in the Store

Always use this app

OK

When I click on the first option I get "Your search for "about" had no results."
    When I click on "Always use this app" nothing happens.

What is happening?

:)

GDaddyo, Aug 30, 2015
  2. BobJ2016 Win User

Microsoft Store app not working : Windows 10

I get a pop-up window "You'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store" but gives no further guidance.

BobJ2016, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Faffler Win User
    Several links and apps not working.

I forgot. In the "Quick Google" app, when I click a link a window pops up telling me "You'll need a new app to open this about". What does that mean? It doesn't lead me to anything, it opens the store and says, "Could not find "about"".

Faffler, Aug 30, 2015
  4. Getting Pop-Up "You'll need a new app to open this About"

what file protocol are you trying to open.... some files will do that if they don't have a app or program associated with it...

icpwolverine, Aug 30, 2015
  5. GDaddyo Win User
    The app is Quick GMail. When I click on a photo image the pop-up comes on the screen.
    If I open GMail from the web it opens the picture in a separate window

GDaddyo, Aug 31, 2015
  6. Sounds like photo app isn't set as default photo app. Or the quick Gmail is faulty on windows 10.

icpwolverine, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Getting Pop-Up "You'll need a new app to open this About"

1. Getting Pop-Up "You'll need a new app to open this About" - Similar Threads - Getting Pop You'll

2. can't get rid pop up window "you'll need a new app to open this http link"

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't get rid pop up window "you'll need a new app to open this http link": after my window 10 booting and logged in, around 1 minute suddenly pop up window like below. already restart window multiple times still the result same. please how to fix this issue, the pop up window is sitting at top of all window. very annoying and blocking. [ATTACH]...
  3. can't get rid pop up window "you'll need a new app to open this http link"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't get rid pop up window "you'll need a new app to open this http link": after my window 10 booting and logged in, around 1 minute suddenly pop up window like below. already restart window multiple times still the result same. please how to fix this issue, the pop up window is sitting at top of all window. very annoying and blocking. [ATTACH]...
  4. You'll need a new app to open this

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    You'll need a new app to open this: How to turn off this pop up [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/youll-need-a-new-app-to-open-this/dd55ff4b-ccf0-4604-985d-379f6892ec63
  5. you'll need a new app to open this

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    you'll need a new app to open this: Just got update to Windows 10. Trying to read some of the tips, but every time I click on ANYTHING it gives me the message "you'll need a new app to open this" but I can't seem to get the app, whatever app it is. When I click onFeedback I get the same message. I'm looking...
  6. "You'll need a new app to open this about" pop-up when clicking a link in a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need a new app to open this about" pop-up when clicking a link in a program: I've seen many threads where people report this problem, and zero solutions, so I'm hoping this time will be different. One of my programs, Wrike, includes links to Google Drive files. It used to be that when I clicked the link, it would open the Google Drive file in my...
  7. "You'll need a new app to open this ms-calculator link" pop up spam

"You'll need a new app to open this ms-calculator link" pop up spam: I want to get rid of this pop up. Due to one day when Microsoft store calculator started opening everytime I pressed the down arrow and random number keys, I deleted it via powershell. Now just this pop up comes up everytime I press said keys. I noticed when I have task...
  8. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  9. You'll need a new app to open this ...

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need a new app to open this ...: How do I disable this when launching games? 117704
  10. "You'll need a new app to open this..."

"You'll need a new app to open this...": Hi all, my first post! I recently installed "WhatsApp" on my laptop (running Windows 10). Soon thereafter I started getting the following behavior: When opening a new tab in Firefox (54.0.1, 32-bit), I'd get a little popup that says "You'll need a new app to open this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i stop the window youll need a new app to open this ms-wpc

2. getting pop up you will need new app to download to open this