Windows 10: Getting random BSOD VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)

Discus and support Getting random BSOD VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I recently completed a new Windows 10 build and I have been getting the BSOD VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. I occurs randomly after web browsing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dyrtyred, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Dyrtyred Win User

Getting random BSOD VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)

Hello,

I recently completed a new Windows 10 build and I have been getting the BSOD VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. I occurs randomly after web browsing, watching videos, and a few have happened when I wasn't around. I appears to be related to my video card and im wondering if it is a driver issue? I have attached my dumps for review. Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

Dyrtyred, Sep 8, 2016

2. Driver-irql-not-less-or-equal BSOD

I followed what you said and it worked for a day or two and now I have a new BSOD which says "video_tdr_failure nvlddmkm.sys" Thank you for your help and time so far.

jackcasson, Sep 8, 2016
  3. BSOD VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)

Hi guys. I've having this BSOD error for quite some time now and its getting me frustrated. It occurs random times. When opening league of legends, watching videos in youtube, and sometimes when I start up my computer. How do I resolve this error?

Heres the dmp files.

Shared items 1-22-2016

msinfo:

msinfo32.nfo

RoyzGarcia, Sep 8, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Dyrtyred,

I would highly recommend that you lower your memory frequency to 2133MHz so any compatibility problems with the CPU & RAM won't happen.

axe0, Sep 9, 2016
  5. Dyrtyred Win User
    Ok, I can change that. Do you thin that was contributing to the BSOD I was having?

Dyrtyred, Sep 10, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Sorry for the delay, we're quite busy since a few weeks.

The possibility exists.

Have you had BSODs since the last post?

7. Dyrtyred Win User
    Yes I still have been getting the BSOD error. I tried doing a repair install but on one of the restarts I got another BSOD and the repair install failed. I also used the Display Driver Uninstaller to remove and reinstall the Nvidia driver as well. So far no luck.

Dyrtyred, Sep 14, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

I'll need a new dump (zip from DM Log Collector)

9. axe0 New Member
    Getting random BSOD VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys) [​IMG]
    Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high
    When finished, make a photo/screenshot of Furmark and post it.

In Furmark you can find a tool called 'GPU-Z' (if you want to install GPU-Z is up to you), when GPU-Z is open click on the 'Sensors' tab, on this tab you can monitor
    • the frequency of the GPU,
    • the GPU memory clock,
    • the temperature,
    • the power,
    • the load on the GPU,
    • Etc.
    I would like you to make a screenshot of GPU-Z after you have either cancelled Furmark for any reason or Furmark is finished, post this screenshot in your next reply with the result of Furmark.

10. axe0 New Member
    Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    Attachment 101793
    Attachment 101794

11. Dyrtyred Win User
    OK, system specs updated

Dyrtyred, Sep 18, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Could you please make a screenshot of GPU-Z when your GPU is under stress and post it.

13. Dyrtyred Win User

this was under stress. for the last couple days i disconnected my video card and have been using just on-board video and so far no BSOD errors. so it looks like the GPU is definitely the issue, im just wondering now if its driver related or the card it self.

Dyrtyred, Sep 20, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    A good method to test is using the card in another system.

Thema:

1. Getting random BSOD VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys) - Similar Threads - Getting random BSOD

2. Driver failure nvlddmkm/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver failure nvlddmkm/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116: For unknown reasons, at any moment when playing a game or opening a browser, etc., a black screen happens. Sometimes the picture disappears for a second or two, and then everything returns to normal, but most often the computer abruptly displays a black screen, and then goes...
  3. Driver failure nvlddmkm/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver failure nvlddmkm/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116: For unknown reasons, at any moment when playing a game or opening a browser, etc., a black screen happens. Sometimes the picture disappears for a second or two, and then everything returns to normal, but most often the computer abruptly displays a black screen, and then goes...
  4. Driver failure nvlddmkm/ VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. video_tdr_failure igdkmdn64.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video_tdr_failure igdkmdn64.sys: HP Notebook 15s -fr2005tuSKU 2N8P8PAi m having this BSOD issue whenever i play game at least once. i tried sfc /scannow but didnt work. rollback driver option is disabled so cant do that. system is fully updated, all drivers too. so please help me find a solution. and please...
  6. BSOD - Video_Tdr_Failure : igdkmd64.sys

BSOD - Video_Tdr_Failure : igdkmd64.sys: Hi! I have been facing this "Video TDR Failure" in windows 10 on my MI Notebook 14 Horizon Edition.When I install the latest intel graphic driver switching from Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. It shows a yellow exclamation mark and in the properties, it shows "Windows has...
  7. VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys: While launching a game, it freezes up (And a second of the audio loops), then an another second loops, then it gives me this squished blue screen, the error it gives me is "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE igdkmd64.sys" This PC was bought from a pawn shop nearby me, for about ~200 US...
  8. BSOD Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64.sys while using bluestacks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64.sys while using bluestacks: I was using bluestacks when BSOD happened. Everything went blue and it said your pc has just run in to trouble we are collecting the error files then you can restart. If you need help with this error search this Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64.sys not exactly what said *Smile...
  9. BSOD while gaming VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD while gaming VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): I've been getting BSODs regularly while gaming since I upgraded to Windows 10. The error is VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). I'm using Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics chipset and I've already updated the drivers to the latest from the Intel site. Searching around the...
  10. BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): Hi there. I have a BSOD screen when I play a game 20-30 minutes . The error is : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). Before installing W10 i could play games as Counter-Strike : Global Offensive, Minecraft and League of Legends at their full power without interrupting. And...