Windows 10: Getting rid of bloatware

Discus and support Getting rid of bloatware in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi , I want to perform clean windows 10 installation as my laptop comes with pre-installed windows image and I found that there are plenty of apps that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by omaer97, Nov 16, 2017.

1. omaer97 Win User

Getting rid of bloatware

Hi , I want to perform clean windows 10 installation as my laptop comes with pre-installed windows image and I found that there are plenty of apps that I don't use !
    So my question if I make clean windows installation will all my drivers work fine (including finger print sensor , light sensor and windows precision drivers ? )

Second thing If I have USB drive for my laptop containing the factory image , can I re-install it if I don't like my clean installation that I will do ??!

:)

omaer97, Nov 16, 2017
  2. DanielWSB Win User

How to: Perform a clean install using Reset this PC in Windows 10

When I do this, does it get rid of the manufacturer's bloatware (like Norton)? If not, how do I do a reinstall that gives me a pristine version of Windows, bloatware free?

DanielWSB, Nov 16, 2017
  3. Installing from USB to get rid of GB of bloatware

Brand-new Lenovo G50, Win10, Best Buy. Amazing (appalling) amount of bloatware, unwanted self-starting apps and other junk. (Best Buy prices this box at $250; Lenovo at $750, so there's $500 of malware/bloatware - in bulk discounts to Lenovo - crapping this
    thing up.)

After spending 15+ hours, and $$$ on malware bytes, PCRepair, Control Panel uninstall (bloatware all immediately re-installed), finally had a chat with MS Tech Support. I didn’t even try to delete files. It was so bad it even got to the point where clicking
    the Edge icon started File Explorer. Every. Single. Time. And then it stopped connecting to the ethernet port. Couldn’t even ping an IP address…

MS Tech Support recommended getting USB Win10, booting and loading new Win10. (FYI - MS doesn't bother labelling the Spanish version on the front of the box for this thing - fooled the Geek Squad guy, I didn't check (the Geek Squad gave it to me, right?)
    and then had to drive BACK to Best Buy to get one in English - dumb marketing, MS.)

Had a chat with Lenovo, too. The whole Lenovo web page tech support instruction to "hit F12 rapidly when booting" to get the boot menu? Yeah - that doesn't work, either. They have a special (tiny) button (“Novo” button) next to the power connector to get
    to the boot menu... Anyway, once there, Lenovo Tech Support didn't know the boot from USB option ONLY works with the USB2 port, not the USB3 port, even though the USB drive has USB3 – blue – color coding. (I tried it after being assured it didn't matter, but
    it wasn't booting from USB3. Moved the thumb to USB2 while Lenovo folks were chatting amongst themselves and it worked.) They also had a lot of why why why why when I just wanted some help booting from USB.

Because I don't know where the bloatware is located, and because there are multiple partitions, I tried an MS chat again to ascertain if I could just format the whole thing. Got nothing but an MS chat person asking my why why why why why instead of just
    answering my questions & providing, you know, SUPPORT. Terminated that chat, chose to format the Win partition only - hoping the firmware drivers all are in the Lenovo partition, and all the bloatware was in the Windows partition - and install a clean Win10
    from USB.

Looks like it worked, and all the malware/bloatware was in the Windows partition that got reformatted.

Now the resolution of my second display can’t be reset to HD. Great.

And the third display – which Win8 demanded was to the far right but actually was to the left of the pc (so you have to track right to get left), but which the Lenovo implementation of Win10 allowed to be on the left (so pc was centered between other two
    displays) is back on the far right as far as Windows is concerned. Great.

Moral: If you are going to buy a PC from Best Buy, check the price delta between the mfgr and Best Buy, divide that delta by 3 and plan to spend that much more – as in 1/3 of the Best Buy price in addition to their list – to get a clean laptop you can use.
    And several hours. (And make sure you get the right language version of the USB Win10 drive, preferably at the same time you buy the PC, as you’ll need it.)

DavidCavena, Nov 16, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Getting rid of bloatware

You can download the latest windows 10 boot from dvdor usb install it would be wise to get all the drivers for your pc first in case it doesnt find all of them you can restore form the factory image ok Download Windows 10

Samuria, Nov 16, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can make a folder on an external device such as a USB flash drive. Let's say it gets assigned F: drive and the folder you create is called Drivers. Open a Command Prompt as Administrator and run:

Dism /online /export-driver /destination:F:\Drivers

That will save all the manufacturers drivers on your computer to the folder you created to hold them. After a clean install, you can go to device manager and look for Unknown Devices and devices with exclamation points. Right click on them to update drivers and point the manual installation of drivers to the folder you created and saved the drivers to. Make sure the option for subfolders is checked, and it will reload the drivers for that hardware.

Also to get rid of bloatware click on the defender icon on the task menu and select this option:

Getting rid of bloatware [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Nov 16, 2017
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.

@NavyLCDR

Good advice but I'd also add the following task before (re-) installing clean / new version of Windows.

I'd also take a COMPLETE HDD image using Macrium (Free version) -> save also hidden partition if one exists - this is often the "Restore to factory" setting that comes with a new PC so you can re-set it to exactly how it was whenyou first opened the box.

Keep the image as archive - you can then restore it at any time later on if you need it.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Getting rid of bloatware

1. Getting rid of bloatware - Similar Threads - Getting rid bloatware

2. How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?: I actually use my machine for work. I cannot work with all these interruptions, bloatware Slowing down the machines annoying info cards, and Pop ups. Microsoft BING is the worst. Redirecting me to BING.COM NOT from edge, from every other browserI have uninstalled all...
  3. How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of Microsoft bloatware, info cards and all the annoying pop ups ?: I actually use my machine for work. I cannot work with all these interruptions, bloatware Slowing down the machines annoying info cards, and Pop ups. Microsoft BING is the worst. Redirecting me to BING.COM NOT from edge, from every other browserI have uninstalled all...
  4. How do I get rid of ALL the telemetry, bloatware, and tracking? In windows 10 22H2 64bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of ALL the telemetry, bloatware, and tracking? In windows 10 22H2 64bit: Self-explanatory title. I want it all gone. And if not all of it, as much as possible.All of the bloatware, tracking, spyware, telemetry, etc. The things i would like to keep are XBox game bar and Microsoft store The amount of bloat in a default windows installation makes me...
  5. How do I get rid of ALL the telemetry, bloatware, and tracking? In windows 10 22H2 64bit

How do I get rid of ALL the telemetry, bloatware, and tracking? In windows 10 22H2 64bit: Self-explanatory title. I want it all gone. And if not all of it, as much as possible.All of the bloatware, tracking, spyware, telemetry, etc. The things i would like to keep are XBox game bar and Microsoft store The amount of bloat in a default windows installation makes me...
  6. How do I get rid of ALL the telemetry, bloatware, and tracking? In windows 10 22H2 64bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. bloatware

in Windows 10 Customization
    bloatware: after running this command in powershell - DISM /Online /Get-ProvisionedAppxPackages select-string Packagename the results include - AdvancedMicroDevicesInc-2.59462344778C5_10.19.40016.0_x64__0a9344xs7nr4m i think this is the AMD radeon settings lite app is it...
  8. I want to reinstall Windows to get rid of some of the bloatware. Redoing my desktop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to reinstall Windows to get rid of some of the bloatware. Redoing my desktop...: submitted by /u/Zonda68 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fdn7ku/i_want_to_reinstall_windows_to_get_rid_of_some_of/
  9. bloatware

bloatware: I want to know why Microsoft thinks its absolutely necessary to install apps like skype, xbox, etc, on all computers, and then makes it impossible to completely remove it, wothout it returning during the next update. Xbox essentially functions asmalware, at this point. You...
  10. Bloatware

Bloatware: I finally received my Dell Laptop. It came with little bloatware and I am very surprised with it. So far it works flawless. However, the bloatware that it did come with, I would like to know if I should remove it. The following is the list of bloatware: 1.)...