Windows 10: Getting rid of the Windows 10 Automatic Startup Repair Loop?

Discus and support Getting rid of the Windows 10 Automatic Startup Repair Loop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I've been having to deal with this problem about two times now. I had no choice but to wipe, however fortunately, I was able to backup all my files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kaito, May 19, 2016.

1. Kaito Win User

Getting rid of the Windows 10 Automatic Startup Repair Loop?

So, I've been having to deal with this problem about two times now. I had no choice but to wipe, however fortunately, I was able to backup all my files before wiping. My second time occurred yesterday, with no choice but to wipe either.

Anyways, I was wondering if there's any fix to this? None of the command prompt commands seemed to work when I was trying to fix it back then either, which is kind of a let down. Hopefully they work now that I have access again though.

Once I got back my desktop after the wipe, I have already opened an administrator-runned command prompt and entered the command "bcdedit /set recoveryenabled no".

I tried doing the same command line when I was having the problem yesterday, with the command prompt option that the automatic repair tool gave, and it still didn't seem to work during that time. Is there a difference between back when I did it and now?

Also, are there any other things I can do to prevent this from happening again?

For the record, I don't turn my desktop regularly as one normally would, but perhaps this is a wake-up call.

:)

Kaito, May 19, 2016
  2. slance310 Win User

Windows 10 Automatic Startup Repair not Repairing Startup

Hi,

The forums website is giving me a hard time all the sudden...

After my last post I noticed something unusual in your Diskpart screen images...

You will notice that the working machine lists the partitions as BOOT and SYSTEM, and the non-working machine does not... It just says HEALTHY...

You may have a bad clone...

Did the machine EVER boot properly other than the time before you restarted it, and it failed... I wasn't clear if this was the first restart after cloning, or what..

Your flash drive is for UEFI with the FAT32 format... I think that is what the media creation tool is doing by default now... There was a tremendous amount of confusion when this UFI stuff got started... The Media Creation tool wouldn't make the correct
    type of flash...

You might delete the 32mb partition and try again...

You may have better luck doing this with the bootable media... Either your flash, or try booting with a DVD instead...

At the screen where you get to the Command Prompt when using the bootable media, you should see a Startup Repair... It may work a bit different than the automatic one....

As I mentioned... there have been times that I have had to do the BootRec sequence, then the Startup Repair, then the BootRec, then Startup Repair, a couple of times before the problem was resolved...

BTW... If you have files on the drive you need to save, you might check out my replies on this other thread concerning a bootable Linux based tool than may be able to copy them to another device...

Windows 10 stuck in safe mode.

slance310, May 19, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Automatic Startup Repair not Repairing Startup

Update: I tried restarting with the USB installed and got the same screen, that no OS was found.

TimMunro82, May 19, 2016
  4. Kaito Win User

Would still like some input on this.

Kaito, May 19, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
    The fact that you were getting this suggests that there is an underlying problem. What happens if you manually run the system file checker or a CHKDSK, do you find any errors? Do you have any hardware that might be playing up - hard disks or memory? You can run diagnostic checks for these to test. Your hard disk manufacturer probably has some disk check software and memory is best checked with memtest86+

You can find help for all these things by searching our tutorials or via Google *Smile

philc43, May 19, 2016
  6. Kaito Win User
    I have done a chkdsk, system file check scan, and all of them have reported to no problems.

Back in February, I installed an extra drive, April was the first time I've had this problem, and then now, May, I've had the problem again two days ago.

Kaito, May 19, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    About once every 3 months, my PC goes into Automatic Repair on booting from cold (power off at mains overnight). I just switch off the PC at the mains, wait a while then restart and it boots fine for few months. I can never find anything wrong using chkdsk, sfc /scannow etc. I could try disabling Automatic Repair using the command bcdedit /set recoveryenabled NO. What would I see in this situation when my PC has a problem booting if I've disabled Automatic Repair?

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting rid of the Windows 10 Automatic Startup Repair Loop? - Similar Threads - Getting rid Automatic

2. Automatic repair loop in windows 10 on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair loop in windows 10 on startup: Hi Friends, My win 10 pc is having startup problem. Few days back i was installing latest update to my laptop and before installation completed i switched off it. And after that i am not able to start my p c as it has stuck now in Automatic Repair Loop and showing the same...
  3. Automatic repair loop in windows 10 on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair loop in windows 10 on startup: Hi Friends, My win 10 pc is having startup problem. Few days back i was installing latest update to my laptop and before installation completed i switched off it. And after that i am not able to start my p c as it has stuck now in Automatic Repair Loop and showing the same...
  4. Automatic repair loop in windows 10 on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Automatic Repair Startup Loop/Windows Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair Startup Loop/Windows Install: Hi there, A couple of days ago after installing windows updates I found my computer getting stuck in this automatic repair loop, where the pc will boot, show the windows logo with “Preparing Automatic Repair” beneath it for a few seconds, then automatically restart. This...
  6. Automatic Repair Loop, Cannot Startup PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop, Cannot Startup PC: Hi, I'm using windows 10 and I experienced a problem that prevents my PC to startup or open to desktop. There is no way or any option that will make me even boot it to safe mode or anything. Most of the same cases I've read on the internet have the automatic repair loop but...
  7. Automatic repair loop in windows 10 startup

Automatic repair loop in windows 10 startup: Hi I turned on the computer, but Windows did not start up and I saw a black screen. With the study I realized that I had to enter the auto-repair mode. I turned on the computer three times and turned it off on the windows logo to enter the auto-repair mode. In automatic...
  8. Stuck in startup/automatic repair loop

Stuck in startup/automatic repair loop: Hi Team, My family member’s computer seem to be having issues with startup with Windows 10 today, which seem to be after some updates released. Basically the computer is stucked in the start up spinning dots and automatic repair section after trying to hard boot the PC...
  9. Windows 10 startup repair loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 startup repair loop: Hi all, When starting up my PC a few days ago it went into startup repair mode and will not come out. I have tried a system restore, rebuilding the BCD, chkdsk and RAM tests. Finally, I reinstalled the OS on my SSD (most of my data is one a separate 1 TB HDD)....
  10. Windows 10 Automatic Repair on Cold Startup Everytime, not a loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Automatic Repair on Cold Startup Everytime, not a loop: Hello, I've been having an issue with some work machines ever since I updated them to Windows 10. Every time I cold startup, it triggers an automatic repair and I have to restart in order to get things running. It is not a loop, the OS will start once I restart, but I'd...