Windows 10: Getting rid of US keyboard that suddenly appeared when I only use UK.

Discus and support Getting rid of US keyboard that suddenly appeared when I only use UK. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All of a sudden, two of my PCs (after using Windows 10 for months) decided to add a US keyboard to my PC (I only use UK keyboards). I went to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cereberus, Feb 23, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

Getting rid of US keyboard that suddenly appeared when I only use UK.

All of a sudden, two of my PCs (after using Windows 10 for months) decided to add a US keyboard to my PC (I only use UK keyboards).

I went to the UK display language in settings menu, and it only shows the UK keyboard. No US keyboard shown at all. I know people have had issuses with the 'hidden' US keyboard.

So I tried several things

1) I added the US keyboard so I could see it, and then deleted it and it made no difference.

2) I then added US english display language, and deleted it again. Still no difference.

3) I then added US English display language and and made it the default language, added UK keyboard, deleted US keyboard. Then I made UK English default again, and deleted US language. THIS WORKED.

What a palaver though!

:)

cereberus, Feb 23, 2016

2. keyboard layout switches by itself to US-international

Thanks. I tried this (assuming in point (g) you meant to remove the UK keyboard). This seems to be a problem with Windows 10. The only way I can remove the US Intl keyboard is to restart the system. Then it is gone. But it reappears after a while. If I look
    at the language settings, this keyboard is not present, even though it is present on the language bar. That would be a minor problem, if the system did not suddenly switch to the US Intl Keyboard while typing English..

Like previous versions, Windows 10 allows keyboard shortcuts to switch between languages. I use these to switch between various languages. But when the US Intl keyboard suddenly appears, while typing English, the shortcuts cease working as well. Restarting
    the computer returns the language bar to normal function, but only for a short time.

Richard_Brown, Feb 23, 2016
  3. Enniredui Win User
    ENG INTL keyboard appeared! How to get rid of it?

Yesterday I was just working on my Doc MS Word, without knowingly i moved my mouse to various places and suddenly appeared a ENG INTL keyboard. When I use it I can't change to other language keyboards with Alt+Shift and its ANNOYIING. I have Windows 10
    Dell Inspiron. How can I get rid of it???

Enniredui, Feb 23, 2016
Thema:

Getting rid of US keyboard that suddenly appeared when I only use UK.

1. Getting rid of US keyboard that suddenly appeared when I only use UK. - Similar Threads - Getting rid keyboard

2. How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard: I have been trying to change from US keyboard to UK keyboard for windows 10 without success. It has been changed in the settings but not effected on the keyboard. I need help please...
  3. How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change US keyboard to UK keyboard: I have been trying to change from US keyboard to UK keyboard for windows 10 without success. It has been changed in the settings but not effected on the keyboard. I need help please...
  4. "Shadow" US keyboard that I cannot get rid of

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Shadow" US keyboard that I cannot get rid of: As per the attached, I have one keyboard layout and one layout only, shift+2 will get you ", whereas now it gets me @, which is only possible on the US keyboard. The US layout is nowhere to be found and as mentioned I have no previous language packs installed.Please restrain...
  5. cant get rid of UK keyboard or UK as display options

cant get rid of UK keyboard or UK as display options: I tried adding and removing UK in the language options in the setting GUI app. I tried cmd to remove UK language. Hell I tried reinstall windows, THIS HAS TO BE SUPERIOR TO FIXING WITH WINDOWS MEDIA CREATION TOOL RIGHT? IF IT DOESNT MAKE IT BE. No matter what I do, this...
  6. Can't get rid of US Keyboard

Can't get rid of US Keyboard: I tryed to get rid of the US Keyboard option but it is not going away. In the settings I have 2 Keybord Input types: A Englisch one with qwertz and a German one with qwertz But in the taskbar there now is a 3rd for no aperent reson. a Englisch qwerty. Can i get rid of...
  7. US vs UK keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    US vs UK keyboard settings: Hi, After latest Windows 10 update, Jelly Comb wireless UK English keyboard has keys using US setting. Windows settings show all language settings are English UK - no sign of any US language setting anywhere. Update driver shows that all is OK. Please can someone help...
  8. UK keyboard is still US keyboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UK keyboard is still US keyboard?: So I've tried to get the UK keyboard to work, I've tried changing the language options so that I only have the one UK keyboard layout, but it's STILL got the US keyboard layout. I can't find a way to fix this, please help submitted by /u/ultradurphy [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 keyboard US UK

Windows 10 keyboard US UK: I have a Lenovo Idealpad 205 which I am using in the UK with Windows 10 op system. It has recently developed a problem with the keyboard settings and the @ symbol has now displaced the " symbol. Is this because it has defaulted to a US setting ? or something else. Does...
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942