Windows 10: Getting "special" keys on Apple Bluetooth Keyboard to work with Win 10

Discus and support Getting "special" keys on Apple Bluetooth Keyboard to work with Win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 (upgraded from Win 7.1) installed on an iMac on a Bootcamp partition. When I was running Windows 7.1, all the function keys (to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Swandy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Swandy Win User

Getting "special" keys on Apple Bluetooth Keyboard to work with Win 10

I have Windows 10 (upgraded from Win 7.1) installed on an iMac on a Bootcamp partition. When I was running Windows 7.1, all the function keys (to control brightness, volume, music playing) worked perfectly. Now under Windows 10 none of them work. And yes, I did go into the setup and try turning on and off the check box for whether or not the keys performed as Function keys with and without holding the FN key.
    Any ideas/suggestions? If I go into Bluetooth devices, the keyboard is shown properly as an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard.
    Thanks.

:)

Swandy, Jul 29, 2015

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Jul 29, 2015
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Jarre Win User

I had a similar problem. Upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10, having an Apple Keyboard (not wireless). Previously working Fn keys stopped working.

After some troubleshooting, what got it working again was:
    - Download Boot Camp Support Software
    - Extract the files
    - Go into the extracted folder \BootCamp\Drivers\Apple
    - Run AppleKeyboardInstaller64.exe
    - Fn keys worked straight away!

I had no luck repairing the already installed Boot Camp instance, and when I tried to re-install the complete Boot Camp software I downloaded, it just prompted me that it wasn't intended for this kind of system.

Hope this solves your problem too!

Jarre, Jul 30, 2015
  5. thorrrr Win User
    HI

I have tried this but it did not work!!!!!

Says it cannot find any drivers see link HERE
    I have a UK Apple Extended wired keyboard could really do with some help. Used to work on Win 8.1 Windows showing i have a Apple keyboard attached but no longer able to pick it from list!!!

thorrrr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting "special" keys on Apple Bluetooth Keyboard to work with Win 10 - Similar Threads - Getting special keys

2. Special Function Key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Special Function Key not working: I have an Lenovo Ideapad S145 And lenovo has their own set of special functions Volume up/down, Mic On/Off, Touchpad Enabled/Disabled etc.For some reason the Camera Privacy Mode on/off function key doesnt work When I click it shows the screen overlay as camera off but it...
  3. Special Function Key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Special Function Key not working: I have an Lenovo Ideapad S145 And lenovo has their own set of special functions Volume up/down, Mic On/Off, Touchpad Enabled/Disabled etc.For some reason the Camera Privacy Mode on/off function key doesnt work When I click it shows the screen overlay as camera off but it...
  4. Special Function Key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Number keys on apple keyboard not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Number keys on apple keyboard not working on windows 10: I'm currently using an apple keyboard on a windows 10 pc and the numbers are not working, also certain keys like ctrl aren't working either. The numbers on the keypad is working fine, but not the numbers on the top row. submitted by /u/qwerty67843 [link] [comments]...
  6. SOME SPECIAL KEYS on my keyboard don't work in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOME SPECIAL KEYS on my keyboard don't work in game: when i use trhe computer for gaming the only keys that dont respond is TAB, Ctrl and Alt can someone please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-special-keys-on-my-keyboard-dont-work-in-game/3c54d23d-9e72-48e8-a351-96a1029cf12d
  7. Delete key / Apple Keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete key / Apple Keyboard: I have an older Apple bluetooth keyboard (this one: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-Wireless-Keyboard-Bluetooth-Refurbished/dp/B0146YF1FO) that I am using with a Win10 laptop. Is there a key combination to get delete key functionality? main thing I want to do is easily delete...
  8. Use Apple keyboard on Windows 10 (F-keys do not work)?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use Apple keyboard on Windows 10 (F-keys do not work)?: I use the Apple "Magic Keyboard" with Windows 10, but I cannot use the F-keys (F1-12), but I would like to have functions like louder/quieter, brightness,... can use. (The keys are recognized by the system, but as if I would hold down the "Fn" or "Num Lock" key) Can anyone...
  9. Connecting Apple Bluetooth keyboard A 1314 to Win 10 laptop

Connecting Apple Bluetooth keyboard A 1314 to Win 10 laptop: I am trying to pair the keyboard but do not have requested number to type in to confirm authenticity. How to delete installed info on laptop to get fresh connection, and thus the number...
  10. Connecting bluetooth Apple magic Keyboard in Windows 10

Connecting bluetooth Apple magic Keyboard in Windows 10: Hi, I have a dual boot pc running macOS and Win 10. The Magic Mouse connects readily and easily but keyboard will not. Have tried switching kb on and off but still does not connect unless I use the lead which defeats the purpose of having Bluetooth devices! Anyone any...