Windows 10: Getting sporadic booting directly to Powerpoint application

Discus and support Getting sporadic booting directly to Powerpoint application in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm unable to duplicate this behavior on demand, but it is happening about once a week now. I do a normal Shutdown every night, and the next day it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by way2ob2se, Mar 11, 2018.

1. way2ob2se Win User

Getting sporadic booting directly to Powerpoint application

I'm unable to duplicate this behavior on demand, but it is happening about once a week now. I do a normal Shutdown every night, and the next day it will either boot up to the desktop, or it will boot up directly into PowerPoint. My husband uses PowerPoint extensively as a college prof and I'm scared to pieces that something will go even more wrong and it will lose his data. I do have restore points on, but wouldn't know which one to select and kind of assume the problem will come with it. I'm thinking I may have to delete the app and re-install it. It's the only thing I can think of, but am very concerned about the data, and wonder if it's even a PP problem, since it happens when the OS starts. I'd appreciate any advice on what to do (and bear in mind I'm just a regular user, not a tech)

I'm using Windows 10 with the Creator's version. I get updates automatically for fixes. I have an HP Envy 700. I have Norton-always on and Malwarbytes-only run on-demand. No problems found. I have PowerPoint 2016.

Thanks!

:)

way2ob2se, Mar 11, 2018

2. File manager file opening problems

I downloaded Windows 10, but now if I try to open a file (word, Excel, powerpoint) directly from file explorer, instead of opening the file it goes to Save As option.

The only way to open any files is if I go to the Word, Excel or Powerpoint and open the file from this application. I tried to select the file and went to open with icon, but it does not give me an option to open the file directly.

I though maybe I need to save the files in the newest Office version of Word, Excel and Powerpoint, but it still does not allow me to open up the files from File Explorer.

Has anybody had this same problem and how can I fix this?

Thank you in advance for your support

RM

RubenMannes-Hotmail, Mar 11, 2018
  3. PowerPoint won't run after changed screen orientation

When I got my Treo 700wx (using Sprint service) PowerPoint ran fine. I saw there was a nifty feature to change the screen orientation, as soon as I did that, it booted me out of PowerPoint. Now whenever I try to launch any PowerPoint file, it just flashes
    the screen for 1/2 second and boots me out of PowerPoint. How do I fix? Is there a way to reset PowerPoint? Do I have to re-install it? If so, how do I do that?

TomChicago, Mar 11, 2018
  4. Getting sporadic booting directly to Powerpoint application

Caledon Ken, Mar 12, 2018
  5. way2ob2se Win User
    I had no idea the functionality changed. I hate updates. Anyway, I appreciate the help. I'll consider this closed if the behavior stops. Have a joyful day.

way2ob2se, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Getting sporadic booting directly to Powerpoint application

1. Getting sporadic booting directly to Powerpoint application - Similar Threads - Getting sporadic booting

2. Powerpoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powerpoint: im unable to open any powerpoint document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerpoint/59e7e5d4-ed02-47f7-bfe6-b0af067508af
  3. Powerpoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerpoint: im unable to open any powerpoint document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerpoint/59e7e5d4-ed02-47f7-bfe6-b0af067508af
  4. How to add a custom windows boot screen without HackBGRT and boot directly to application?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add a custom windows boot screen without HackBGRT and boot directly to application?: This question sort of has two parts and both are as important as each other for my solution.How to add a custom windows splash screen to a PC with UEFI BIOSwithout HackBGRT?How to boot directly into an application and restrict all other functionaliy in windows?Part 1: How to...
  5. PowerPoint slides getting auto deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerPoint slides getting auto deleted: Had a update to windows 10 to 2004 version recently. After that 1. Sometimes system auto inputs continuous ........... dots in the input boxes pwd window, search boxeswithout me pressing any keys. Even if i hit Esc key or backspace , system continuous to input dots. 2. If...
  6. Windows sporadically freezes on boot

Windows sporadically freezes on boot: Hello, I've been having this problem with my Windows 10 desktop where it sporadically freezes on or near boot. It set on quite suddenly, and I'm just wondering if there's anything I could do about it. So, the symptoms are on the lock screen or soon after i boot into the...
  7. powerpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    powerpoint: I am working on power point, I have a PDF that needs to go into the slide. How do I convert it or ?? import it onto the slide. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerpoint/465cf2df-f89e-4bda-ae9c-eb1efdaa03ee"
  8. Sporadically getting blue screened (KMODE_EXCEPTION, IQRL_EXCEPTION, and...

Sporadically getting blue screened (KMODE_EXCEPTION, IQRL_EXCEPTION, and...: My hp omen laptop keeps randomly blue screening and not giving me any info on whatever is causing it (there is no filename attatched to the bluescreen error, ever) I keep my drivers updated using the "driver booster" program (starting to think that doesnt do anything) and...
  9. Powerpoint

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Powerpoint: I want to make the attached picture fainter and use as the background on each slide on Powerpoint. Any ideas please? 29541
  10. Not getting BSOD exactly but crashes are sporadically occuring

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not getting BSOD exactly but crashes are sporadically occuring: After windows 10 I have been getting sporadic system freezes which are requiring restart. No blue screen occurs but the monitors have lines going across the screens when the freeze happens(will take a picture of it the next time it happens for reference). I've been trying...