Windows 10: Getting started storing app data locally

Discus and support Getting started storing app data locally in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When thinking about your app data, one aspect to consider is data lifetime. In general, when it comes to the lifetime of data, you have two options:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 10, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Getting started storing app data locally

Read more: Getting started storing app data locally | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, May 10, 2016

2. ilomilo + save data

Well, I don't have an Xbox and I think that probably one of the worst designs I have seen. Forcing people to own an Xbox just to manage your save data for a virtual app from the app store.

Is there some kind of work around? Like using the firewall to block the game from connecting to the internet to sync the data, and deleting the data locally?

Or is there a way to get a refund for the game since there is no possible way to start a new game and no reason to even play it?

Vitamin Ex, May 10, 2016
  3. Game Data

The other store games I found in user/ local app data.

Thank you Getting started storing app data locally :)

ScorpiusQueen, May 10, 2016
Thema:

Getting started storing app data locally

1. Getting started storing app data locally - Similar Threads - Getting started storing

2. What is the "explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete" file in the Local App Data folder and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the "explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete" file in the Local App Data folder and...: So I found this in the Local App Data folder. I found an file that says ".__explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete__" and has an file extension of the same name and when I open it up with my text editor, it says the same name of this file. What does it do? Is it safe? Is it...
  3. What is the "explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete" file in the Local App Data folder and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the "explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete" file in the Local App Data folder and...: So I found this in the Local App Data folder. I found an file that says ".__explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete__" and has an file extension of the same name and when I open it up with my text editor, it says the same name of this file. What does it do? Is it safe? Is it...
  4. What is the "explain_this_is_writeable_not_delete" file in the Local App Data folder and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I need help with starting a local server to store my apps and games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with starting a local server to store my apps and games.: I want to know how to set up and run a local server that can store files, apps, and games not including a game server E.G. Minecraft server. I have the part I *think* I need which would include CPU, RAM, MOTHERBOARD SSD. AND HDD AND A CASE....
  6. I need help with starting a local server to store my apps and games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with starting a local server to store my apps and games.: I want to know how to set up and run a local server that can store files, apps, and games not including a game server E.G. Minecraft server. I have the part I *think* I need which would include CPU, RAM, MOTHERBOARD SSD. AND HDD AND A CASE....
  7. Start menu and "store apps"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and "store apps": Maybe I'm the only one who hates the alphabetic list in the Start menu, maybe it works well if you have five apps installed, but I find it annoying to have to scroll down through scores of apps just to find the link I need. I know, I can store the most used links in the...
  8. Local APP Data corrupted. *With images*

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local APP Data corrupted. *With images*: Hey! So I got a notification earlier "Your pc is running out of space" even though it should be mostly empty. I did a scan with spacemonger and got some shocking images. Seems like there is some error on my pc that makes it believe that my appdata maps really old ones from...
  9. Getting Started with Roaming App Data

in Windows 10 News
    Getting Started with Roaming App Data: Users today are mobile, transitioning from one device to the next throughout the day. Increasingly, these same users expect (or even demand) to take their data with them. Fortunately for us, roaming app data makes this a reality. Today, we kick off a two-post series that...
  10. Possible to access data no longer stored in AppData/Local/Temp?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to access data no longer stored in AppData/Local/Temp?: A few months ago I downloaded data somewhere and it was stored in C:/Users//AppData/Local/Temp. However it is no longer there as only files up to a few months ago are listed there. Is there any way at all I can access data stored there prior to a few months ago? 30860