Windows 10: Getting Strange Display and type X character by itself

Discus and support Getting Strange Display and type X character by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Hp envy starts to type by itself xxxxx constantly once in a while and the screen goes to inverted color , it goes away after I restart 43230 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alboari, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Alboari Win User

Getting Strange Display and type X character by itself

My Hp envy starts to type by itself xxxxx constantly once in a while and the screen goes to inverted color , it goes away after I restart

:)

Alboari, Mar 6, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

No display of typed characters

What is a "word processor module?"

BulldogXX, Mar 6, 2016
  3. No display of typed characters

Why isn't the characters that I type in my word processor module showing in the Word 10 document as typed text? The problem exist in Excel also.

IEuserMarch2017, Mar 6, 2016
  4. Alboari Win User

HP envy 17t keyboard replaced. $180!!!@

Alboari, Oct 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Getting Strange Display and type X character by itself - Similar Threads - Getting Strange Display

2. Extra characters when typing

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra characters when typing: When I type a word in a text app like Mail, every word is preceded with an extra character, usually a lower case m. 144560
  3. Keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing wrong characters: Win 10- up to date -Asus desktop-recently began typing the wrong letters when I am trying to find a file in my documents, pictures etc..this has been asked before but the reply from 2016 doesn't apply to my Settings topics..why is this suddenly happening ? This is the only...
  4. getting strange Characters in From and Subject headers

in Browsers and Email
    getting strange Characters in From and Subject headers: Recently I have been getting messages with From and Subject similar to the following : ÿþÿþR <simeonisms.lapje@down-town-army.com> ÿþÿþD What causes this ? Messages like this appears in the junk mail folder which is good but is there a way to trash them before it even gets...
  5. Keyboard typing many characters.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing many characters.: This is on a Dell Laptop Windows 10. So after a recent update, my keyboard has been really screwy. When I wish to type an 'r', 'v', 'e' or 'f' it will type out many characters and is always the same characters for example 'r' will type 'rweq43poiu' 'v' will do somewhat the...
  6. ALT Characters WON'T type

in Windows 10 Customization
    ALT Characters WON'T type: Hi, I am using a French keyboard (Dell SK-8165). The top numbers row has 12 keys. The firs left key has: #, \ and | characters The second key has: 1, ! and + and - characters The third key has: 2, " and @ characters The fourth key has: 3, / and £ characters The fifth...
  7. Keyboard Not Typing Correct Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Not Typing Correct Characters: My brother has an HP laptop (Model bs057cl) that he hasn't used in about a year. When he boots the computer he's unable to use the keyboard normally. We brought up the onscreen keyboard which, although it works, does not match the normal qwerty keyboard layout. In fact, the...
  8. Photo file extension with strange characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Photo file extension with strange characters: After saving photos, image has multiple weird characters, and says 0 size. How can I get rid of this? Any help is greatly appreciated. I've done scans and date reset, but did not help. Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  9. Strange characters in registry (screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters in registry (screenshot): [img] What are the characters at the bottom? 105734
  10. Strange characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters: I see this quite often where strange characters replace, say an apostrophe. Here's an example taken from my Google calendar event: I had typed "Schnoodle's" in the event title. When I go to view it later here's what I see; well it wouldn't post the paste so will have to type...