Windows 10: Getting Strange Display and type X character by itself

Discus and support Getting Strange Display and type X character by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Hp envy starts to type by itself xxxxx constantly once in a while and the screen goes to inverted color , it goes away after I restart 43230 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alboari, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Alboari Win User

Getting Strange Display and type X character by itself

My Hp envy starts to type by itself xxxxx constantly once in a while and the screen goes to inverted color , it goes away after I restart

:)

Alboari, Mar 6, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

No display of typed characters

What is a "word processor module?"

BulldogXX, Mar 6, 2016
  3. No display of typed characters

Why isn't the characters that I type in my word processor module showing in the Word 10 document as typed text? The problem exist in Excel also.

IEuserMarch2017, Mar 6, 2016
  4. Alboari Win User

HP envy 17t keyboard replaced. $180!!!@

Alboari, Oct 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Getting Strange Display and type X character by itself - Similar Threads - Getting Strange Display

2. Keyboard Typing Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Typing Strange Characters: Any help with this will be appreciated. I can't login to my laptop because the keyboard is acting strange. I'm running windows 10. If I enter "2" the keyboard enters "w2". If I try deleting the odd characters like "w2" it will only delete the 2 and the "w" remains. If I...
  3. Strange Characters display for numbers only

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Characters display for numbers only: Hello all, So I have this odd issue on a users Windows 10 pc. Basically the time and date on the screen displays odd symbols. It however does say the day...spells out Thursday perfectly. This is the screen before you log in. once logged in, when it goes into screen saver...
  4. Type a Unicode Character

in Windows 10 Support
    Type a Unicode Character: Hello, I am using Win 10 version 2004 and build 19041.388. If I try to enter a Unicode character via the method Alt + <hex number>, then I do get a character but it is the wrong one. For example if I enter 2212 it give a 'n' with a squiggle on top whereas it should return...
  5. strange characters on display full & partial characters, can't load/run any program

in Windows 10 Customization
    strange characters on display full & partial characters, can't load/run any program: I have a AMD RZEN 24 tower 690-0024 solely used for Flight Simulator, no mail. Etc. I powered It up one day to a Chinese option screen, finally got back to US menu. However the characters were very large, running off screen , and very difficult to invoke because the...
  6. Typing characters issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Typing characters issue: Why does my laptop keyboard type different characters than what is intended? It only does it occasionally like tpis. <---example: p for h Rigpt now I'm using Cprome. I go to MS Edge and it is fine. I go to MS Excel, Word, it is normal. I pave to close everytping and...
  7. Unknown Files with Strange Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Files with Strange Characters: There is Files on my USB Drive that have strange characters on them when I click on them they do not Open Does anyone know what this means? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-files-with-strange-characters/73b8f649-6368-478a-9264-ac1b56536c0f"
  8. getting strange Characters in From and Subject headers

in Browsers and Email
    getting strange Characters in From and Subject headers: Recently I have been getting messages with From and Subject similar to the following : ÿþÿþR <simeonisms.lapje@down-town-army.com> ÿþÿþD What causes this ? Messages like this appears in the junk mail folder which is good but is there a way to trash them before it even gets...
  9. Strange characters in registry (screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters in registry (screenshot): [img] What are the characters at the bottom? 105734
  10. Strange characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange characters: I see this quite often where strange characters replace, say an apostrophe. Here's an example taken from my Google calendar event: I had typed "Schnoodle's" in the event title. When I go to view it later here's what I see; well it wouldn't post the paste so will have to type...