Windows 10: Getting the "recording devices" drop-down back?

Discus and support Getting the "recording devices" drop-down back? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the win10 forums doesn't have a sound/audio sub-forum, I guess this is the spot. So I've got the old volume mixer back, but it does not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scottfree1, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Getting the "recording devices" drop-down back?

Since the win10 forums doesn't have a sound/audio sub-forum, I guess this is the spot.

So I've got the old volume mixer back, but it does not have the drop-down for inputs? With 4 various inputs now being forced drill down to the speaker cpl every time you want to set volume/mute/unmute an input, well that's a truly ridiculous regression in usability, I don''t suppose there is a reg hack to get the drop back??

I really don't get how things like this pass committee, "all in favor of putting the most useless volume mixer since dos in our flagship product?? Ok, the eyes have it, now get back to work we've got a lot removing., diminishing and disabling to do before this "upgrade" is ready!!"

:)

scottfree1, Jan 3, 2016

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Jan 3, 2016
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Getting the "recording devices" drop-down back?

"Progress"
    Windows 10

Getting the "recording devices" drop-down back? [​IMG]

Windows 7

Windows XP

scottfree1, Jan 3, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    That's as close as you can get.....................

davidhk, Jan 3, 2016
  6. So they really ripped it out at the root? Normally they leave the bones even if they hide the meat, and with some hackery you can regain your regressions.. From what I've gathered the riaa wanted ms to cripple the recording functionality in windows as much as possible, and this is part of the ms cave-in to the music industry..

scottfree1, Jan 3, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    You can get W7 volume controls back with registry change:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\MTCUVC]
    "EnableMtcUvc"=dword:00000000

Or you can download .reg file and merge:
    Volume Control - Old or New in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

I don't think it has anything to do with MS and pressure from recording industry since there is tons of 3rd party programs for recording. Windows native recording facilities were always basic, crude and primitive.

CountMike, Jan 3, 2016
  8. Getting the "recording devices" drop-down back?

I've got the mixer, I want the drop down for input levels/mute, and the mention was in audacity forum about win 10 messing with the various audio features mainly the ability to record directly from live and steaming sources, it could be bs but with the computer evolving more and more towards htpc's and multi-media hub, removing easy access to the recording controls seems headed in the opposite direction, and of all the paranoia tinfoil hat rumors flying around win 10 it seemed more reasonable than most..

scottfree1, Jan 3, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    Makers for CODEC drivers are taking primate in that field, Realtek has own control panel for more and finer settings.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Getting the "recording devices" drop-down back?

1. Getting the "recording devices" drop-down back? - Similar Threads - Getting recording devices

2. How do I get back the drop down arrows in my windows file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get back the drop down arrows in my windows file explorer?: I updated to windows 11 a while back. Then windows kept prompting me to shutdown and update so I did and now The navigation arrows that reveal the contents of folders in file explorer have disappeared completely. The only way to see the contents is to double click the folder....
  3. How do I get back the drop down arrows in my windows file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get back the drop down arrows in my windows file explorer?: I updated to windows 11 a while back. Then windows kept prompting me to shutdown and update so I did and now The navigation arrows that reveal the contents of folders in file explorer have disappeared completely. The only way to see the contents is to double click the folder....
  4. favorites drop down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    favorites drop down: How do I delete items in the favorites dropdown? right click does not do anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-drop-down/f9e481d7-94e9-4833-b146-6bd7ec44d525
  5. Get Back Unsaved Recording

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get Back Unsaved Recording: I was recording video through webcam in windows 10 camera App and while recording my computer shut down...and now am not getting the video...is it possible to get the video...
  6. Drop down menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drop down menus: My dropdown menus have started opening up with a black background with red lettering. How can I change that back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-down-menus/dac605d0-faff-49f1-a627-7d3866cd754a
  7. A page dropping down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A page dropping down: When I pull up a page in internet explorer a flash happens like a page just minimized. Is that something with Windows or my computer? How do I know what it is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-page-dropping-down/b8fe6579-b780-4996-b749-901661510941"
  8. Drop Down list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drop Down list: I made a drop list, so that it was easier for me to input data. I go to use the drop down arrow, to use the list I made, and nothing shows up. How can I use my own list I created? Thanks!...
  9. Scrolling/Drop Down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling/Drop Down: Has anyone else expererienced drop down box and scrolling issues since last window update? If so, it has taken me days to sort out, but finally simply switched USB port for wireless mouse and all is fixed. Have asked and answered in oine go to hopeffuly save others time....
  10. edge back button - no drop down to go back further than 1

in Browsers and Email
    edge back button - no drop down to go back further than 1: the go back button on edge doesn't seem to have the ability to, when you click and hold on it, see many of the previous pages, so you can go back more than one page per click. is that possible? thanks. 28225