Windows 10: Getting "the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10" even though...

Discus and support Getting "the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10" even though... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On 3 different Win10 local machines I am using the same RDP connection file (where I have added enablecredsspsupport:i:0 and authentication level:i:2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul Poteat, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Getting "the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10" even though...

On 3 different Win10 local machines I am using the same RDP connection file (where I have added enablecredsspsupport:i:0 and authentication level:i:2 to disable sending credentials before the connection is initiated). 2 of the machines connect successfully (and allow me to provide credentials after the connection is initiated), but the last machine gives the subject line error message suggesting that I need to disable NLA, even though I already have done so.

:)

Paul Poteat, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Ariel Aba Win User

How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?

Hi K.Kong,

The question that you have is too complex to be answered here in the Microsoft Answers forums. For more information regarding
    Remote Desktop Configurations and Windows Servers, I suggest that you post your question on our
    TechNet forums instead. I found some posts there that might help you. You can access them in the following links:

RDP issues, remote computers
    requires network level authentication

Configure Network Level Authentication for Remote Desktop
    Services Connections

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Sep 13, 2018
  3. XTL
    xTL Win User
    How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

Hello Bill sorry for the late reply.

You said that you were recently infected with a ransomware virus & that it probably came through your open remote desktop, so yes it's a good idea to change remote software, & skip windows RDP & jump desktop*Smile

Change the software from Windows RDP & Jump Desktop to Teamviewer.
    Install teamviewer on all computers.
    Set up unattended access on the computers you wish to connect to.
    ( You can do this in the installation process or when teamviewer is installed @ Settings > Security )

Getting "the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10" even though... [​IMG]

And make a teamviewer account ( if you haven't already done so *Smile )
    This will make it so that you can connect to them through a list ( Once your signed in )
    which is very convenient.

Getting "the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10" even though... [​IMG]

Also don't forget to add the two step authentication.

Let me know how it went Getting "the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10" even though... :)
    // Mike

4. XTL
    xTL Win User

Getting "the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10" even though...

How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

Hello artmanphoto, are you using the built in remote software that comes with windows 10 ?
    I too use remote software, so can i suggest you change to one of the following.
    Because the remote software that comes with windows is very insecure.

Teamviewer
    To use 2 step authenticator with teamviewer go here

Splashtop
    To use 2 step authenticator with splashtop go here

Radmin
    Does not have 2 step authentication as far as i know.
    But it does have IP Filter, very high security.

All 3 have very high security,
    Splashtop & teamviewer both have so you can add two factor authentication with google authenticatior.
    Personally i prefer radmin Getting "the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10" even though... :)

Thema:

Getting "the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10" even though...

1. Getting "the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10" even though... - Similar Threads - Getting remote computer

2. windows authentication required!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows authentication required!: Dear sir/madam,please check my windows is original or not. screenshot is shared. let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-authentication-required/4b9a9606-8650-4a90-a5b8-48d072301804
  3. windows authentication required!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows authentication required!: Dear sir/madam,please check my windows is original or not. screenshot is shared. let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-authentication-required/4b9a9606-8650-4a90-a5b8-48d072301804
  4. Network Level Authentication stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Level Authentication stopped working: My main computer is Windows 11 call it Main and part of a small network controlled by a Windows 2016 Server Essentials. For several years I have been logging in remotely to Main, which has 2 or 3 months ago upgraded to Windows 11, and the other network computers using the RD...
  5. Network Level Authentication stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Level Authentication stopped working: My main computer is Windows 11 call it Main and part of a small network controlled by a Windows 2016 Server Essentials. For several years I have been logging in remotely to Main, which has 2 or 3 months ago upgraded to Windows 11, and the other network computers using the RD...
  6. Safety of network-level authentication for remote desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safety of network-level authentication for remote desktop?: I have a number of PCs which are joined on my AzureAD domain. I know that traditional wisdom is not to leave a remote desktop RDP port open to the wide web. Does this still hold true when network-level authentication is enabled? As far as I can tell, it's not possible to...
  7. disable remote connection requiring network level authentication

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    disable remote connection requiring network level authentication: I have 3 computers on the same home network each running Win 10 pro. using any PC I can access the files of computer #1 and #2. When I try to access files from computer # 3 it prompts me to enter network level authentication NLA. When I enter NLA it says my user name or...
  8. Network Level Authentication Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Level Authentication Issue: Ok so here is my situation. I have 50 Windows 2012 R2 servers which I have permission to remote access. But when I try to initiate an RDP session to any of them I get the error: "The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication, which your computer does not...
  9. How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable Network Level Authentication for RDP?: I have not done anything related to NLA for my Windows 10 Professional. However, I am unable to connect to Windows Servers that have restricted their connections to only those using NLA. I wonder why my PC does not have NLA or NLA enabled. How do I set it up? Thanks....
  10. The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication

in Windows 10 News
    The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication: [ATTACH] If you are unable to connect your Windows computer remotely and you receive a message The remote computer requires Network Level Authentication, then this post may be able to help you. Users have reported receiving this error on domain-connected systems [...] This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network level authentication windows 10

2. windows 10 network level authentication

3. the remote computer requires network level windows 10

4. windows 10 the remote computer requires network level authentication which your computer does not support,
  5. network level authentication rdp windows 10,
  6. nla error on win10 remote desktop client even though nla is enabled,
  7. the remote computer requires network level which your computer does not support windows 10 2016,
  8. does windows 10 support network level authentication,
  9. what is windows network level authentication,
  10. Windows 10 Remote Desktop The remotecomputer requires Network Level Authentication,
  11. enable network level authentication on windows 10,
  12. windows 10 the remote computer requires network level,
  13. windows 10 remote computer requires network level authentication,
  14. network level authentication on windows 10,
  15. the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10