Windows 10: Getting this problem at post screen.

Discus and support Getting this problem at post screen. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone! Every now and then when I start my computer up the post screen stalls and says below: [img] I never installed a new CPU. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CanadianWookey, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Getting this problem at post screen.

Hello everyone! Every now and then when I start my computer up the post screen stalls and says below:

Getting this problem at post screen. [​IMG]

I never installed a new CPU. My computer is a custom built. Thank you for your time.

:)

CanadianWookey, Oct 6, 2016
  2. Rolando Vil, Oct 6, 2016
  3. Second try at getting some help with this problem

I am computer tech that has working with Windows since before Windows 3. I have used and worked on every version of Windows since 3.0. I currently have a system that belongs to a customer. Apparently it did the anniversary update overnight and the next
    morning the customer had a screen that was asking what keyboard layout they wanted to use. After choosing US, the system went off to do stuff for about 45 minutes. It then presented a screen that offer the following options

Continue

Use another OS - (not an option)

Troubleshoot - takes you to a screen that has options

Windows rollback or Windows 10

Turn off

Ir never gets to login in screen.

Cannot boot into safe mode

There are no error codes or any other information to work with. It basically is a continuous loop just going back through the already mentioned options.

The system is an HP Pavilion P2 with 4 gig memory and a 500 gig hard drive.

The customer only does banking functions on the PC. Uses the Internet for Email and Facebook. There are not a lot of programs loaded on the system. There have been no previous issues with this system, It was upgraded to Windows 10 back in May and has
    run fine since then, and all the previous updates worked with no problems. I have little hair left on my head so pulling it out is not going to solve any of these issues. I would appreciate any response that may help figure what is going on or might possibly
    fix the issue, I am game for any kind of fix.

ThomasRiggs, Oct 6, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Getting this problem at post screen.

Rightly or wrongly, the UEFI/BIOS thinks that something has changed. If you use the Setup function, you can check to make sure all of your settings are correct and current. Hopefully, the OS keeps booting just the same. Cosmic rays probably flipped a bit in the EEPROM somewhere and it's just letting you know, in it's own unique and troubling way...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 6, 2016
  5. Thank you for replying! I will check the settting in UEFI/BIOS.

CanadianWookey, Oct 6, 2016
  6. All info in UEFI looks correct but still having this problem. Does this mean I have to buy a new motherboard and CPU?

Thank you! *Smile

CanadianWookey, Oct 7, 2016
  7. kamalaggi Win User
    Have you tried to reset bios to default settings?

kamalaggi, Oct 7, 2016
  8. EdTittel Win User

No, it's not necessarily a harbinger of disaster. You're just trying to clear the alert, and check to make sure nothing unwanted is going on. If everything is OK, it could have just been a transient error. You'll only need to start worrying when the frequency picks up, and/or the symptoms become more acute. Short version: your system is probably OK!
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 8, 2016
  9. ok Thank you for the help! *Smile

CanadianWookey, Oct 8, 2016
  10. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    This can sometimes happen if the 3v battery on the motherboard is dying. While this should not happen in a new system, it does happen.
    Try replacing the battery (they're cheap), or test it for 3 volts.

If the battery checks out fine you can do a ClearCMOS procedure. This clears the EEPROM of all current data and refreshes it with a fresh enumeration of the current system.
    You can consult your motherboard manual for instructions to perform the procedure, but it is basically:
    • Shut down the PC, disconnect the power
    • Remove the 3v coin battery
    • Locate the jumper on the motherboard for ClearCMOS (or CLRTC)
    • Move the jumper from pins 1-2 to pins 2-3, wait a few seconds
    • Replace the jumper on pins 1-2
    • Replace the 3v battery
    • Reconnect the power and start the PC
    If the procedure is successful you may need to reset the time in the BIOS/UEFI

11. Thank you TV2! I have done this and so far no more problems *Smile

CanadianWookey, Oct 9, 2016
  12. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Glad to hear it. You should be good to go!

Thema:

1. Getting this problem at post screen. - Similar Threads - Getting problem post

2. how to post answers to a problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to post answers to a problem: how to fix my computers keeps going to lock screen to fix go to control panal, click on Personalization. bottom right hand corner click on screen saver, click the arrow and choose none then under that it said: On resume, display logon screen uncheck the box restart computer...
  3. how to post answers to a problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to post answers to a problem: how to fix my computers keeps going to lock screen to fix go to control panal, click on Personalization. bottom right hand corner click on screen saver, click the arrow and choose none then under that it said: On resume, display logon screen uncheck the box restart computer...
  4. how to post answers to a problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. a problem linked to a before post

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a problem linked to a before post: HiI have a tp-link usb adpter. Before it would drop out every 5-7 minutes. I figured out that I have to turn airplane mode on then off and then it would work perfectly. Is there any way to not always have to turn airplane mode on then off and have any permanent solution.Thank...
  6. Post-update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Post-update problems: I am trying to find a solution for the problems starting with the last Windows 10 update last week. My PC is now extremely sluggish. Number of problems occurred as far as I can see: Problem 1: Each time I switch on the PC, it scans and repairs the drive D:. It takes...
  7. Posting problems - receiving "answers"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Posting problems - receiving "answers": 2-3 weeks ago I posted a problem ("Microsoft is removing app pinned to taskbar 2-3 times per year"). One answer to that problem was 'call this number and Microsoft support will help'. That was pretty naive of me to assume that was the case (that I could actually call and...
  8. post update problem

post update problem: My system update automatically last night and now nothing recognizes my printer although it is 'ready". Need to fix this and disable auto updates! Suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/post-update-problem/30aab6ae-89ea-4099-ba2d-d348c4f67b6e
  9. Problem with Login Screen post windows update to 1803 version

Problem with Login Screen post windows update to 1803 version: Hi, My Windows 10 machine got updated to the latest version 1803 3 weeks back. Since the update, I am having lot of issues while logging in my machine. The login screen takes at least 10-15 minutes to come up. I get the screen with date and time and when I click it so that...
  10. Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    Problems posting on Facebook with Firefox.: I'd stopped using Firefox on my laptop for several month's due to multiple issues. However, yesterday I opened FF and everything was working fine. I started posting on FB and everything worked perfectly, then one of my posts just disappeared (the primary reason I stopped...