Windows 10: Getting this security warning

Discus and support Getting this security warning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; As of today 9/10/16 when i open Edge Browser I get this warning: [img] I have done a full system scan with Avira and Malwarebytes which found no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jeepers, Oct 8, 2016.

1. jeepers Win User

Getting this security warning

As of today 9/10/16 when i open Edge Browser I get this warning:
    Getting this security warning [​IMG]
    I have done a full system scan with Avira and Malwarebytes which found no threats, It comes up with a beeping sound and i have to click backwards to get back to my home page. I ran Spybot S&D and it found no threats. Is it something i should be worried about..( I already am ).
    cheers

:)

jeepers, Oct 8, 2016
  2. Le Boule Win User

getting a internet security alert warning

That’s a rather prevalent tech support scam popup being reported to the forum. I’ve previously seen similar popups on Yahoo as well as a couple of times on the MSN homepage using different computers, different operating systems,
    different browsers and different AV programs. It’s annoying but not potentially “fatal” unless you fall for the scam. Usually you can close down the browser without issue though sometimes you need to close it using Task Manager. Occasionally you may need
    to do a hard shutdown using the Power button. When you restart the computer do
    not restore your browser if asked to do so.

If you haven’t done so you might want to empty temporary internet files, restart the computer and run a Quick Scan with your antivirus program.

See Beware
    of Phony Tech Support Scams

Tech support scams - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

I’ve not seen the popup in over three weeks and have not added any security type programs to my computers but some users report that programs such as Ublock Origin or another ad blocker will help prevent the “malvertising” popup
    from appearing.

If the issue continues see Remove "Internet Security Alert! Code: 055BCCAC9FEC" Pop-up Scam You
    may not need Hitman Pro (available as a trial version) but note that you may need to reset your browsers.

How to reset Internet Explorer to Default Settings (2017 Help Guide)

How to reset Google Chrome settings to default (Complete Guide)

How to reset Mozilla Firefox to Default Settings (2017 Help Guide)

How to Reset Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

For a more detailed (technical) explanation of this issue suggest you see the Answer of GreginMich in Error 33578- Pop-up telling me my computer has been infected

Regards...

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, Oct 8, 2016
  3. getting a internet security alert warning

Just bought my computer 3 days ago barely used it and a red screen come up and says internet security alert call windows tech support with telephone # which I di not do I also have a hard time getting out of it called hp they asked what browser I was
    using I told them Google chrome they said must chrome I told them I never had this problem before anyone know what could be wrong.. Thanks in advance..

carolchrynwski, Oct 8, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Warning That is most definitely a scam, whatever you do don't call that number, don't allow that page open pop-ups!

You said that page will open every time you open Edge. That might be because the site has added it to the list of pages that opens whenever Edge is launched. I've see this happen when user has accidentally visited a not too safe site. Check that list first, if the page is there remove it by clicking the X after the site address. See screenshot:

Kari, Oct 8, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    Wanting to reply your post as soon as possible I forgot to tell what next. Sorry.

When you have checked if the page is set to open every time Edge is launched, and if yes removed it, click Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data:

Select Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files (these three should be selected by default), and click Clear:

If you want to you can set Edge to clear the selected items every time Edge is closed.

Kari, Oct 8, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    To get rid of this scam open Task Manager, under Processes tab tick End Process, then turn off computer.
    Disconnect router as this scam is locked onto it, by disconnecting it you break the contact
    Restart router and all should be cleared.
    As already stated by Kari do not call them.

dencal, Oct 8, 2016
  7. jeepers Win User
    Thanks to all for the advice, I should have mentioned that i cleared the cache and all the other stuff as soon as i had got back to the Home page. I would like to know how i got the pop-up as the only sites i visited where OCAU and The Ten forums. It is the 1st weird pop-up i have had,what threw me was the bloody beeping noise from my laptop.
    I might have to look for another AV as it seems Avira has let it through.
    cheers

jeepers, Oct 8, 2016
  8. Getting this security warning

Any free software downloads? Sites like CNET seem to be bundled with added pups/malware etc.

Barneyrubble, Oct 8, 2016
  9. RolandJS Win User
    Avira is an anti-virus program, what got in was a form of malware; unless you got the full monty, Avira Internet Security Suite [or whatever they call it], Avira is going to let through what you completely accidentally opened the door to.

RolandJS, Oct 8, 2016
  10. Borg 386 Win User
    Anytime you d/l a program, try to get it from the authors/company site. Steer clear of hosting sites such as CNet & others. They have a habit of adding unwanted extras with/without your knowledge.

Here's a good article that describes all the hidden traps & what happens when you d/l from some of these sites:

Heres What Happens When You Install the Top 10 Download.com Apps

Borg 386, Oct 8, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    *Thumbs

simrick, Oct 8, 2016
  12. Spike999 Win User
    Is that phone number even valid? I've never seen anything except 4 digits in the final sequence.

Spike999, Oct 8, 2016
  13. RolandJS Win User

What was that original phone number? International or US?

RolandJS, Oct 11, 2016
  14. Spike999 Win User
    Roland:
    The phone number given was... 1-800-875-392
    I'm not familiar with international numbers so I can't say

Spike999, Oct 11, 2016
  15. RolandJS Win User
    I see now, somebody forgot to print the last digit *Smile

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting this security warning - Similar Threads - Getting security warning

2. Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings: Windows 11 Single LanguageI am getting warnings in the message center that Local Security Authority protection is off. But, when I check, it's turned on.I have toggled it on and off and rebooted - still getting the message.I don't want to dismiss the message in case there is...
  3. Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings: Windows 11 Single LanguageI am getting warnings in the message center that Local Security Authority protection is off. But, when I check, it's turned on.I have toggled it on and off and rebooted - still getting the message.I don't want to dismiss the message in case there is...
  4. Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings: HI,Windows 11 Pro.I am getting warnings in the message centre that Local Security Authority protection is off. But, when I check, it's turned on.I have toggled it on and off and rebooted - still getting the message.I don't want to dismiss the message in case there is an...
  5. Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings: HI,Windows 11 Pro.I am getting warnings in the message centre that Local Security Authority protection is off. But, when I check, it's turned on.I have toggled it on and off and rebooted - still getting the message.I don't want to dismiss the message in case there is an...
  6. Security Warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Warning: This is our website page: https://www.lordkrishnabuilders.com/project/villas-in-thrissur/Our website page is secure, but When I open with mozilla is it showing security warning. What is the reason?...
  7. Is this a legit security warning?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a legit security warning?: Sorry for posting in the Windows forum. I can find anything related to security. :- I received an email From: Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> and am not sure of it is legit. I haven't been able to find info on this, nor can I find a...
  8. Security warnings

in Windows 10 Support
    Security warnings: Since the 1809 update, every time I want to open a photo, which have been on my PC for ages, I get the Open file - security warning, and I have to keep clicking the OK box before I can see photo. How do I stop this box coming up? Thank you 123830
  9. HTTP security warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HTTP security warning: For some time now when I log into some websites using username/password fields , entered using autifill from browser's password manager , I get 'this connection is not secure passwords could be compromised'. I searched for some help and understand it is an issue where a site...
  10. Security warning

in Browsers and Email
    Security warning: Each time I want to search in Google,I am getting this security message(see screen shot). This has only started happening recently,can it be disabled and how? Regards. [img] 74513