Windows 10: Getting video file format parameters from File Explorer

Discus and support Getting video file format parameters from File Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there an app that integrates with File Explorer that will allow me to hover over or right-click on a video file and get the basic parameters (at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Involute, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Involute Win User

Getting video file format parameters from File Explorer

Is there an app that integrates with File Explorer that will allow me to hover over or right-click on a video file and get the basic parameters (at least frame rate and frame dimensions, though codec and runtime would also be nice)? Is this already built into Windows 10 and I just don't know about it? Thanks.

:)

Involute, Jul 9, 2017

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jul 9, 2017
  3. How do I stop video automatic playing in file explorer

Where exactly in File Explorer is this happening?

I have video files in the Videos folder in File Explorer and they are just basic thumbnails.

What is the format of the video file?

Is it the thumbnail that is auto playing or when you launch the file from File Explorer?

Andre Da Costa, Jul 9, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Yes, it is. Right-click on a video file, select Properties, then click on the Detail tab. Everything you asked for (except for codec) should be there...

Bree, Jul 9, 2017
  5. Involute Win User
    Just what I was looking for (I can live without the codec). Thanks!

Involute, Jul 9, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    *Thumbs You're welcome...

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Getting video file format parameters from File Explorer - Similar Threads - Getting video file

2. Videos NOT showing on file explorer from SD card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos NOT showing on file explorer from SD card: So videos from my SD card will not show up on file explorer. This does not work for either of my SD cards, so it's not an issue on that end. I have "hidden items" checked as you can see in the screenshot below. Can anyone suggest any other options that may need to be toggled?...
  3. Format of File Explorer changed on me.

Format of File Explorer changed on me.: I'm not visual, so it's difficult to explain how my File Explorer used to look, but one thing for sure is that there was a little icon somewhere in the upper right where I could easily change the type of display of files, Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, Detail... etc. Now I...
  4. File Format Associations for Windows 10 File Explorer??

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Format Associations for Windows 10 File Explorer??: How to I preview SVG files in Windows 10 File Explorer? Or PNG's?? Shouldn't there be a way to specify viewing the actual photo within File Explorer?? Or do I need to purchase an Apple?? Not sure what to do???...
  5. File Explorer and formatting DVD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer and formatting DVD: In my desktop Win10Pro, 1909, 18363.693, File Explorer recognizes and will format a blank DVD/CD 700MB disk. It doesn't recognize and therefore won't format a 4.7GB disk. Can anyone point me to the likely cause of this? Thank you. PMR...
  6. File explorer format

File explorer format: After the recent 1903 update I had noticed that the downloads folder in file explorer had a weird format to it. It was organized by "friendly date". is there any way to revert to the original layout prior to 1903? [ATTACH]...
  7. Loss of "FORMAT" in file explorer.

Loss of "FORMAT" in file explorer.: It was ok one day the next day nothing I have tried everything but to no avail. As you know we need it to format our discs and I would appreciate any help. Toby...
  8. File Explorer customized format

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer customized format: I would like to always have my File Explorer window open with the This PC section expanded and everything else (such as Quick Access or One Drive) not expanded. I know it will open the way you leave it when you close it, but isn't there a registry change or group policy to...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer not showing video files in thumbnail format

Windows 10 File Explorer not showing video files in thumbnail format: I've seen this question asked several times before within the community, as of yet I've not seen a solution to my problem. Until several days ago I wasn't having this problem, File Explorer was working correctly and all my video files were being shown in thumbnail format....
  10. Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer: I've ran Disk Cleaner to delete the thumbnails. I've deleted the thumbnail caches via command prompt (Admin). I've gone through View/Options/View and made sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" was not checked. And still, I cannot get thumbnails for my .mp4...