Windows 10: Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer - keeps running

Discus and support Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer - keeps running in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer, have been running now for 8 hours and counting. What can I do to get pass this screen. I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by paack2, Oct 14, 2015.

1. paack2 Win User

Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer - keeps running

Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer, have been running now for 8 hours and counting. What can I do to get pass this screen. I don't have any recovery tools for windows 10.

:)

paack2, Oct 14, 2015

2. Getting Windows ready Don't turn off your computer

It would depend on who manufactured your device.

The people who build these machines (and none of them are made by Microsoft) cannot seem to agree on how to get into safe mode.

The easiest way (and the one that generally works) depends on you being able to log on.

Apart from that there's restarting the computer and tapping different F Keys depending on the manufacturer. Even the Escape key has been used for this by some.

Best post the question to the manufacturer's support site and hope an answer comes up.

5c66d81a-1cc8-4430-ba2e-a43be2595fdb, Oct 14, 2015
  3. Getting Windows ready Don't turn off your computer

have the same problem but cannot get into the recovery by multiple power downs, just continues the loop when no matter how many times I power down and then on.

BrianTobin1, Oct 14, 2015
Thema:

Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer - keeps running

1. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer - keeps running - Similar Threads - Getting ready don't

2. PC stuck on "Getting Windows Ready, Don't turn off your computer" w/o circle for about 1...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC stuck on "Getting Windows Ready, Don't turn off your computer" w/o circle for about 1...: I updated two computers and after windows update said it was up to date, I ran windows cleanup from the settings. It got stuck on windows update cleanup so I turned off the computer so I could try again after restarting. Both computers have been stuck for the last hour with...
  3. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  4. Getting Windows Ready, Do Not Turn Off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting Windows Ready, Do Not Turn Off: So, I've read all the articles and I realize MS Techs will tell you to wait 2 to 3 hours.(Idiotic Stance). I've turned it off, unplugged it, waited. Turned on, same thing. I see where some people have waited up to 10 hours. Can MS once and for all come up with a fix?? I...
  5. Stuck on getting windows ready don’t turn off your computer ...how long do I wait

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on getting windows ready don’t turn off your computer ...how long do I wait: New install on win10 pro 64bit.. got message Stuck on getting windows ready don’t turn off your computer how long do I wait?...
  6. getting Windows ready / Don't turn off your computer despite no update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    getting Windows ready / Don't turn off your computer despite no update: I've had this happen a handful of times on both our machines before. In fact it happened on one just now. Basically I went into Windows update and saw it was checking for updates already. Presumably the scheduled auto process. It took ages to eventually come back and finish...
  7. "Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" goes on forever

"Getting Windows Ready Don't turn off your computer" goes on forever: Hi, I bought my father a new desktop computer this christmas - Lenovo IdeaCentre 510S (so it has Windows 10, and as far as I know it has all the latest updates to it's os after I set it up). And it has been working until this morning when it apparently started to update...
  8. "Getting Windows ready / Don't turn off.." >20 min, but no new updates

"Getting Windows ready / Don't turn off.." >20 min, but no new updates: Around 9:10, I told my desktop computer to shutdown. It went to a "Getting Windows ready / Don't turn off your computer" At 9:33, it was still going with no progress update, and it suddenly turned off. When I turned it back on, there were no new updates installed. It's...
  9. Desktop stuck on "Getting Windows ready / Don't turn off your computer

Desktop stuck on "Getting Windows ready / Don't turn off your computer: I ran a Kaspersky full scan and then an MBAM threat scan on my desktop with my ethernet jack unplugged. (My ethernet was plugged in before I started the scans). Both scans were clean. Afterwards, I began to shutdown the computer. It's been like 15 minutes now, and my...
  10. Getting Windows Ready Don't Shut down your Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Windows Ready Don't Shut down your Computer: This message is useless, and a little late, because I get it after I have opted to Shut Down Windows. There is no indication that I can see that updates are ready to be applied. So after some time (5 mins) the computer shuts down, then on next startup same message appears...