Windows 10: Getting X1200 series to run on Win10 laptop

Discus and support Getting X1200 series to run on Win10 laptop in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi all, I just thought that I would share that I have managed to get Win10 to run an old video driver. The preview build would not recognise my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by racingmars, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Getting X1200 series to run on Win10 laptop

Hi all,

I just thought that I would share that I have managed to get Win10 to run an old video driver. The preview build would not recognise my video card on my old dell d531 laptop. The getwin10 app said that my computer was not compatible, due to the video card. However, I upgraded anyway. Then was stuck with the Win basic display adapter.
    I went through the device manager to the display device, then choose update driver. I then selected the search the computer for the update, and manually pointed the search at the windows.old folder. after quite a while it found the driver from win 7 and installed it!!! All is now working fine.

I thought this might help anyone else who is having problems with older cards that worked under win7 but not win10.

Best wishes,

:)

racingmars, Jul 31, 2015

2. Installing Windows 10 - ATI Radeon X1200 Display not supported!?

hi,

i have the same issue.

Windows 10 is running on my laptop but i cannot find the appropriate x1200 driver anywhere.

Can you assist?

LanceAutoman, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 startup, only on reboot?

OK, so I admit that I have a non-standard installation... I have an older Toshiba laptop with an ATI X1200 graphics adapter that Win10 says is not compatible, but there are a number of people on this forum that have installed Win10, got the MS basic display,
    then reinstalled the ATI X1200 and got it working. I did this too, and on assorted restarts during installations and odd upgrades all was well and I was feeling quite smug... until... shut it down at the end of the day and then restarted the following morning
    assuming normal service, but it didn't...

Laptop starts, I get an initial Win10 logo and working icon, then screen goes black, cursor displayed in middle of screen, hard disk light suggests something's happening, but it never gets any further. I've left it for 20 minutes and still no change, pushed
    a few buttons, clicked the mouse - nothing. So... I give up, do a hard stop holding down the power button and then restart the laptop. This time it boots fine to Win10 and everything looks fine, still using the incompatible adapter etc. I've had this cycle
    of failed start/good restart happen 3 times and I've no idea what to do about it. Anyone got any ideas?

SteveBull_710, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Getting X1200 series to run on Win10 laptop

1. Getting X1200 series to run on Win10 laptop - Similar Threads - Getting X1200 series

2. Dell U-series monitor screen get blurred with Win10 21H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell U-series monitor screen get blurred with Win10 21H2: Hi guys, my Dell monitor U2518DR get blurred since March, 2022 before that, everything is OK ; especially in EDGE browser and the Picture appI describe three scenarios here1. the Windows lock screen, the screen looks OK when it's not on PIN step; but it will get blurred if...
  3. Dell U-series monitor screen get blurred with Win10 21H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell U-series monitor screen get blurred with Win10 21H2: Hi guys, my Dell monitor U2518DR get blurred since March, 2022 before that, everything is OK ; especially in EDGE browser and the Picture appI describe three scenarios here1. the Windows lock screen, the screen looks OK when it's not on PIN step; but it will get blurred if...
  4. Dell U-series monitor screen get blurred with Win10 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Xbox series driver for Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox series driver for Win10: Hello,I searched but couldn't find the answer.I wish to install the series X controller driver for Windows 10 please. Could someone point me to the right driver page please?I updated the firmware of the controller with the companion app but I have issues in Bluetooth: the...
  6. Running sdelete -c on HP Win10 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Running sdelete -c on HP Win10 laptop: HI Everyone - getting ready to ship my laptop out for service - and upon research chose to run sdelete -c. I'm 24 hours into this and at 46%. Is this normal? Any other suggestions to prevent personal data from being stolen while it's with other people is greatly appreciated....
  7. Wifi issues on laptop running Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi issues on laptop running Win10: I was given a Panasonic Toughbook CF-31 and am working on getting it up and running. I've installed windows twice (once before and once after a ram and ssd upgrade) and both times I was able to connect to my wifi during the install process to download necessary files for the...
  8. get my laptop running

in Windows 10 Customization
    get my laptop running: MY LAPTOP DO NOT WANT TO RESTART https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-my-laptop-running/bd2c7528-531d-4538-95c4-25f745288e9d
  9. win10 run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 run: I have Acer Aspire 5542G-323G 32 Mn. Can I run win 10 on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-run/40f50351-85c6-4f1e-8828-f5c2c5941cb4
  10. ATI Radeon X1200 Series Windows 10 Low FPS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ATI Radeon X1200 Series Windows 10 Low FPS: Well. I recently had windows 7, but I decided to upgrade to windows 10, but I've noticed a huge difference in how much FPS it is. In ROBLOX areas where I had 60+ Fps I now have 46 FPS as much, also where I got 50 FPS, now I have 25-28 FPS, not only does it happen to me in...