Windows 10: gfwl

Discus and support gfwl in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have just installed windows 10 and installed gfwl. But when i login it fails to find my purchase history. I'm unable to install any of my games. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Xiusho, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Xiusho Win User

gfwl

I have just installed windows 10 and installed gfwl. But when i login it fails to find my purchase history. I'm unable to install any of my games. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling nothing has worked. Anyone know how i can fix this so i can install my games?

:)

Xiusho, Nov 10, 2015
  2. kjl1956 Win User

GFWL Marketplace Issue

Download the GFWL client from the the xbox website if it is not installed on the pc.

Note; this will only work for GFWL titles, not win10 games.

But the xbox on win10 app as well as any games played will show as achievements.

Some games that were moved to steam works will not show any further GFWL

achievements, but will show in the xbox app.

Most steam games that use GFWL will have outdated versions and will not work.

To test it, launch GFWL from the folder after install, make sure you use the game tag, password

and email for xbox-GFWL unless they are the same.

kjl1956, Nov 10, 2015
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    GFWL Marketplace Issue

Can you post full name of the game .

Try to run GFWL from the start menu

icon.

If you are on win10 gfwl tries to store the password

and most times it is not correct.

uncheck the save password and enter manually

enter this, this has to be done every time.

I just ran GFWL on a win10pro pc and did

not have an issue.

Antivirus and firewall programs can block GFWL

on individual games and this prevents GFWL to run

correctly so add an exception to both before running a game.

If the game is the new killer instinct it uses

the xbox games for win10 and does not need GFWL

If none of this works , download the latest version of GFWl

from the xbox live web page.

kjl1956, Nov 10, 2015
  4. gfwl

Same with me, did you ever find a fix? This is a bit of a joke. If you've paid for a product they should keep GFWL running so you can install. I can understand if they retire it not to sell new stuff. Games should never ever of been allowed to be so tightly entwined with a service that may not last. The amount of people stung by this and Windows 10 not running games with securom/safe disc is a joke

Scottyboy99, Dec 21, 2015
  5. MrNeeds Win User
    if your games are bought with the GFWL store, you would have gotten an email with your product key, you can register that key with steam and download it for free, there's always a way *Smile

MrNeeds, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

gfwl

1. gfwl - Similar Threads - gfwl

2. Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification: Hi there, I recently purchased a disc copy of Dead Rising 2 for GFWL on PC in hopes to replay one of my favorite games and earn some achievements, but I can't get past the GFWL release date verification screen.Is there a way past this screen or did I just unfortunately waste...
  3. Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead Rising 2 GFWL Release Date Verification: Hi there, I recently purchased a disc copy of Dead Rising 2 for GFWL on PC in hopes to replay one of my favorite games and earn some achievements, but I can't get past the GFWL release date verification screen.Is there a way past this screen or did I just unfortunately waste...
  4. The GFWL client can't open

The GFWL client can't open: When I open GFWL client, it says "Connection error".So, recently, I was going to fix GFWL on YouTube and some websites, but after that, it didn't work.I have installed Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant and GFWL. When I play the game, Batman Arkham Asylum, it works perfectly...
  5. The GFWL client can't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The GFWL client can't open: When I open GFWL client, it says "Connection error".So, recently, I was going to fix GFWL on YouTube and some websites, but after that, it didn't work.I have installed Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant and GFWL. When I play the game, Batman Arkham Asylum, it works perfectly...
  6. Will my GFWL GTA IV be fine after I upgrade to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will my GFWL GTA IV be fine after I upgrade to Windows 10?: I have Windows 7I have GTA IV with the GFWL disc installedI also have GFWL marketWill GTA IV still work after I upgrade to Windows 10 like can I still play it after I upgrade?...
  7. Will my GFWL GTA IV be fine after I upgrade to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will my GFWL GTA IV be fine after I upgrade to Windows 10?: I have Windows 7I have GTA IV with the GFWL disc installedI also have GFWL marketWill GTA IV still work after I upgrade to Windows 10 like can I still play it after I upgrade?...
  8. Will my GFWL GTA IV be fine after I upgrade to Windows 10?

9. re5 gfwl wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re5 gfwl wont work: i tried to sign in to gfwl from resident evil 5, it required me to update the client and i did so, then the game restarted but the gfwl dashboard won't appear anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re5-gfwl-wont-work/4c7b8c77-5edf-4667-912a-e7f342ad3690
  10. re5 gfwl wont work

re5 gfwl wont work: i tried to sign in to gfwl from resident evil 5, it required me to update the client and i did so, then the game restarted but the gfwl dashboard won't appear anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re5-gfwl-wont-work/4c7b8c77-5edf-4667-912a-e7f342ad3690

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gfwl download