Windows 10: GFX noob, help needed: cannot flip image horizontally

Discus and support GFX noob, help needed: cannot flip image horizontally in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear GFX geeks, I only know how to use Paint. With help and ideas from @Keith, @Cliff and @Julian I finally got my Roman pillar on transparent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kari, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Kari Win User

GFX noob, help needed: cannot flip image horizontally

Dear GFX geeks, I only know how to use Paint. With help and ideas from @Keith, @Cliff and @Julian I finally got my Roman pillar on transparent background in right size and colour. Now I would just need it to be flipped horizontally, the pillar on right instead of left. Size (3508*2481), pillar colour and transparent background should remain as is.

GFX noob, help needed: cannot flip image horizontally [​IMG]

Original image can be downloaded from my OneDrive: Pillar_Left.png

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. Arul_D Win User

Can I flip an image horizontally in Fresh Paint?

Hi Philip,

Thank you for replying. In case, if you need any assistance you may always post your questions along with your valuable suggestions in this forum.

Arul_D, Aug 15, 2017
  3. Can I flip an image horizontally in Fresh Paint?

Thank you, Shawn.

Philip J.Ruggiero, Aug 15, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hi Kari,
    You can use Paint 3D to do this.

Open the file (right click and select Edit with Paint 3D)
    Using art tools select a portion of the image and then click the Select all box to make sure the whole image is selected
    Use the Flip horizontal button to do what you want
    Save the file from the menu option.

Job done!

Edit: you can also use the old Paint to do the same, use select all followed by flip horizontal which is found in the rotate menu selections, but, transparency is not saved.

philc43, Aug 15, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    You can use the newest Photos app to flip images too.

swarfega, Aug 15, 2017
  6. kado897 Win User
    One from me also...

The original is on my OneDrive Shared

kado897, Aug 15, 2017
  7. swarfega Win User
    lol poor Kari gets flooded with Roman columns *chuckle

swarfega, Aug 15, 2017
  8. Kari Win User

Thanks geeks. I thought that using Paint, transparency is lost when saved? Anyway, thank you all.

9. Edwin New Member
    @Kari
    Transparency is saved with Photos App:

Edwin, Aug 15, 2017
  10. philc43 Win User
    Actually, transparancy is saved in Paint 3D, but you are right it is not saved in Paint. I've updated my earlier reply to reflect this.

philc43, Aug 15, 2017
  11. swarfega Win User
    Don't think paint supports transparency.

swarfega, Aug 15, 2017
  12. philc43 Win User
    Paint 3D is the new version introduced with the Creators update - this does support transparency as I pointed out in the previous post. Lots of cool new features still being added:
    Announcing more updates to Paint 3D in Windows 10

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. GFX noob, help needed: cannot flip image horizontally - Similar Threads - GFX noob help

2. Does flip horizontal reduce the quality?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does flip horizontal reduce the quality?: Hello, several places, including the losslesscut faq, wrote that flipping a video reduces the quality ------------- quotation : Can LosslessCut crop, resize, stretch, mirror, overlay text/images, watermark, blur, redact, re-encode, speed-up/slow-down, create GIF, slideshow,...
  3. Does flip horizontal reduce the quality?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does flip horizontal reduce the quality?: Hello, several places, including the losslesscut faq, wrote that flipping a video reduces the quality ------------- quotation : Can LosslessCut crop, resize, stretch, mirror, overlay text/images, watermark, blur, redact, re-encode, speed-up/slow-down, create GIF, slideshow,...
  4. Windows 11 Smart Horizontal Flip is confusing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Smart Horizontal Flip is confusing: I just upgraded to Windows 11 and I believe this is a new "issue".When using the front facing camera selfie camera the file when viewed in File Explorer "smart" flips the image. So if you take 2 pictures with your phone. One set to store the image as viewed does not auto flip...
  5. Windows 11 Smart Horizontal Flip is confusing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Smart Horizontal Flip is confusing: I just upgraded to Windows 11 and I believe this is a new "issue".When using the front facing camera selfie camera the file when viewed in File Explorer "smart" flips the image. So if you take 2 pictures with your phone. One set to store the image as viewed does not auto flip...
  6. pc noob needs help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc noob needs help please: hi, so around 2 months ago i bought a pre built pc for casual gaming. i know hardly anything about pcs. and everything was fine until one day i was watching youtube and my pc randomly shut off, after it turned back on a screen popped up that said something along the lines of...
  7. Complete noob needs help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Complete noob needs help: I've just downloaded Apex Legends from Steam but it won't launch, error comes in saying "D3DCOMPILER_43.dll was not found" I did some digging and downloaded DirectX, but ANOTHER error pops up, this time it says: "Error creating process <C:\Users\[my...
  8. Help a noob pls

Help a noob pls: Hi there guys/girls. I usually use my computer to browse online and maybe use some basic apps such as Netflix or Spotify, but i would like to start playimg games. I know that i don't have a very powerful hardware (4 gb of ram, a Core i5-8265U @ 1.60 and Intel UHD Graphics...
  9. Help! I’m a noob

Help! I’m a noob: VCRUNTIME.dll I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling through command prompt Tried installing it from the Microsoft website Also tried (scannow) on command prompt. Just trying to download origin for gaming Scared to download anything from the internet I see from YouTube...
  10. Help no a broke noob!

Help no a broke noob!: I'm on a serious budget and I can't afford to a better laptop for school. I'm using 4GB of RAM, a Pentium Procesor, a 250 HDD and of course Windows 10. I want to know which minimum hardware tweaks I can get to boost it up. And any software trick will do it. The heaviest...