Windows 10: Ghost folder occasionally appearing on desktop. Any ideas ?

Discus and support Ghost folder occasionally appearing on desktop. Any ideas ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I occasionally get the following ghost folder appear on the desktop. Its very random and I can go many days without seeing it. When it does it appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mooly, May 26, 2017.

1. Mooly Win User

Ghost folder occasionally appearing on desktop. Any ideas ?

I occasionally get the following ghost folder appear on the desktop. Its very random and I can go many days without seeing it. When it does it appear there is no delete option, just the options shown in the picture. Doing nothing apart from a restart always makes it disappear. The folder opens to the shown image (DVD Drive).

Using Irfanview to resize images and save them back under the same file name has on more than one occasion caused it to appear, however today simply updating a programs cumulative data file (a simple update in the form of a text file with new information on it) also seemed to cause it to appear.

Any ideas as to what it may be or why it happens ?

Ghost folder occasionally appearing on desktop. Any ideas ? [​IMG]

Ghost folder occasionally appearing on desktop. Any ideas ? [​IMG]

:)

Mooly, May 26, 2017
  2. R.B.Sahay Win User

A folder named Removable storage devices appears on my desktop occasionally.

A folder named Removable storage devices appears on my desktop occasionally.

R.B.Sahay, May 26, 2017
  3. adamsr Win User
    Palm Treo 700wx won't sync

How can I get my Palm Treo to sync with Windows Vista. The phone is detected (occasionally, not always) but the Calendar, contacts and everything else except for files is "ghosted". Therefore, nothing is synching, even though the phone goes through the
    motion. On the phone, when I go to Options, the same folders are ghosted so I can't synch anything with my PC. HELP!

adamsr, May 26, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Do you have any USB sticks or other removable media plugged in plugged in ?
    It looks like it's shutting down and waking up occasionally.

CountMike, May 26, 2017
  5. Mooly Win User
    Not when it happens, no. Only USB device permanently connected is an HP wireless mouse receiver.

Mooly, May 26, 2017
  6. Mooly Win User
Thema:

1. Ghost folder occasionally appearing on desktop. Any ideas ? - Similar Threads - Ghost folder occasionally

2. any ideas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    any ideas: and still nothing but it seems to work with my phone’s hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-ideas/cf4d3957-9805-4919-bc0a-de57203282b2
  3. any ideas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any ideas: and still nothing but it seems to work with my phone’s hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/any-ideas/cf4d3957-9805-4919-bc0a-de57203282b2
  4. Ghost Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost Folder: I moved my downloads folder from C:\Users\mojo1\Downloads to a backup drive E:\ because it was taking up to much room, now i have removed E:\ drive and moved the downloads folder to another drive which works fine, but in the left hand window in file explorer under "This PC"...
  5. Ghost shared folders appearing on other computer networked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ghost shared folders appearing on other computer networked: I shared the Downloads folder on the main home PC, ( so that I don't have to download everything twice) On my laptop there's a share called Downloads which eventually comes up with a message when I click it to say that the folder isn't accessible. I also have showing a...
  6. Ghost icons appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost icons appearing on desktop: Very recently, I have gotten over 40 ghost like icons on the desktop, intermingled with the normal icons. I have moved the regular icons to one side of my monitor with the new ones on the left side. I call them ghosts because they are somewhat blurry and the notations are...
  7. Ghost Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost Folder: Hello everyone. Am happy with Windows 10 but i have a weird problem. I want to delete a folder but Windows can't find that folder... I explained that problem in a graphic and attached to this post. Thank you. 51151
  8. Create "New Folder" opens "New Shortcut" on desktop any ideas?

in Windows 10 Support
    Create "New Folder" opens "New Shortcut" on desktop any ideas?: Hi Folks, After a recent fresh install of Win 10 I have had this issue and a few more: i) When I try to create "New Folder" it opens "New Shortcut" on desktop any ideas? as in pic below. ii) I cannot create new installed Desktop "Short Cuts" - I have taken ownership /...
  9. Undelatable, Unnamed Ghost Folders on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Undelatable, Unnamed Ghost Folders on Desktop: So, these appeared on my desktop randomly - they cannot be renamed, they appear to have no name - I can delete them via context menu, but they come back. Unlocker/Lock Hunter - they do not see them, neither does Explorer, WinRAR nor CMD. The context menu on them is strange...
  10. How to remove 'ghost' folder from desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove 'ghost' folder from desktop: Hi, i just got a folder looking icon on my desktop and i cant delete it . A screenshot snap is on drop box link below. It cant be archived or move to recycle bin or other folder, but can only be pin to Quick Access in explorer. Tried to delete from cmd prompt but not...