Windows 10: Ghost Folder

Discus and support Ghost Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Am happy with Windows 10 but i have a weird problem. I want to delete a folder but Windows can't find that folder... I explained... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cevem, May 22, 2016.

1. cevem Win User

Ghost Folder

Hello everyone.

Am happy with Windows 10 but i have a weird problem. I want to delete a folder but Windows can't find that folder... I explained that problem in a graphic and attached to this post.

Thank you.

:)

cevem, May 22, 2016

2. Error: "The Junk folder couldn't be emptied or that our email server isn't configured to allow this folder to be emptied" on Mail app Windows 10

Right click the Junk Mail folder and "Remove from Favourites", then click "Folders" and right click Junk Mail and "add to Favourites".

This seems to work to clear possible 'Ghost' emails in the Junk Folder !

BrownDogOne, May 22, 2016
  3. SkyDrive folder in Pictures shows grey tile instead of thumbnails

Okay, I was able to repeat the problem you have mentioned above.

I added a photo into the root folder PICTURES on OneDrive. It appeared as OTHER PICTURES on my phone. Then I deleted it on OneDrive. It is gone from the file explorer but the phantom folder OTHER PICTURES continues to exist on my phone. There is also a ghost
    of an image on the phone, as thumbnail.

However, I cannot open the ghost image, for it gives a error that the file is no more. I even did a phone restart, just to check. The ghost folder and image are still there.

That means, the phone maintains a local copy of the thumbnail. However, it does not have the power to remove the thumbnail even after the image is deleted from the source. I think this is a system limitation. That also means, there is no solution to it.

Jay_answers, May 22, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Ghost Folder

Windows has two different Desktop folders, one for each user showing shortcuts and files on that specific user's desktop, and a Public Desktop folder for content shared by all users. In your case that folder is most probably stored in Public Desktop, that's why you cannot see it when checking your personal Desktop:

Ghost Folder [​IMG]

5. The dir command shows that the folder is under your user profile. It is not a hidden file or a directory junction.

The only thing I see is that the rmdir command shows a space at the end.

Try this in Command Prompt
    cd %USERPROFILE%\Desktop
    dir /a /s > %temp%\oddFolder.txt

cd "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Creativity Free Bundle"
    dir /a /s >> %temp%\oddFolder.txt

cd %TEMP%
    dir oddFolder.txt
    Please post the oddFolder.txt located in your Temp folder

Slartybart, May 22, 2016
  6. cevem Win User
    Hello Bart. Thank you for the reply. I uploaded txt file: Click here to see.

I tried the second command Code: cd "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Creativity Free Bundle"[/quote] but cmd says again "System can't find...".

Greetings.

cevem, May 26, 2016
  7. it really is a ghost *Wink

but it's an empty folder
    Directory of C:\Users\...\Desktop\Creativity Free Bundle

24.03.2016 11:34 <DIR> .
    24.03.2016 11:34 <DIR> ..
    0 File(s) 0 bytes
    See what this returns:
    Command Prompt (Admin)
    cd %USERPROFILE%\Desktop
    dir /a /s Creativity*
    cd Creativity*
    dir /a /s
    Anything?

Slartybart, May 26, 2016
  8. cevem Win User

Ghost Folder

Hello again, i deleted directory with Git Bash LOL. It's unexpected for me. Thank you for the reply.

Greetings.

cevem, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Ghost Folder

1. Ghost Folder - Similar Threads - Ghost Folder

2. Delete "ghost" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete "ghost" folder: Hi,I bought FM24 some weeks ago and on my FM23 Folders I had a huge facepack on a folder called "Graphics" that I wanted to swap with because I don't see the point of touching FM23 for now.The folder itself went to my desktop so I could transfer it to the FM24 folder, but...
  3. Delete "ghost" folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete "ghost" folder: Hi,I bought FM24 some weeks ago and on my FM23 Folders I had a huge facepack on a folder called "Graphics" that I wanted to swap with because I don't see the point of touching FM23 for now.The folder itself went to my desktop so I could transfer it to the FM24 folder, but...
  4. Ghost folder?, even system cannot delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ghost folder?, even system cannot delete: Hello, so I have found this folder hanging around on my D:\ drive.Now, I cannot delete it by normal means, because this shows up:I cannot also delete it by File Shredder, because it just stays and renames itself.The system also cannot delete it.How do I delete it?...
  5. Ghost folder?, even system cannot delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost folder?, even system cannot delete: Hello, so I have found this folder hanging around on my D:\ drive.Now, I cannot delete it by normal means, because this shows up:I cannot also delete it by File Shredder, because it just stays and renames itself.The system also cannot delete it.How do I delete it?...
  6. Ghost folder?, even system cannot delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Program data folder is a ghost folder

Program data folder is a ghost folder: I came home after a weekend about a month ago to find my computers performance had been much worse than I left it. Since then Id found a few ghost folders in my C: drive that I'd fixed but the only one that can't be fixed with anything I do is the program data folder. I say...
  8. 'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive

'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive: Hello, I just removed an old hard drive which had my iCloud folder. It left behind the directory to iCloud with no way of deleting it; here is what it looks like: [ATTACH] How can I get rid of this? It looks bad and any Windows action I try can't detect it as the drive is...
  9. Ghost Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost Folder: I moved my downloads folder from C:\Users\mojo1\Downloads to a backup drive E:\ because it was taking up to much room, now i have removed E:\ drive and moved the downloads folder to another drive which works fine, but in the left hand window in file explorer under "This PC"...
  10. One-drive ghost folder

One-drive ghost folder: I've had this issue with a ghost folder in my Onedrive. If I open onedrive on any of my computers that folder is not visible and cannot be accessed, but if I open the Onedrive app on my Android mobile I can see two duplicate folders: The proper one with all the files inside...