Windows 10: Ghost keypresses sent on tablet

Discus and support Ghost keypresses sent on tablet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When using my tablet (a slate, cube mix plus) sometimes ghost 'keys' are magically held down. For example perhaps the 'control' key becomes stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gorman, Nov 5, 2017.

1. gorman Win User

Ghost keypresses sent on tablet

When using my tablet (a slate, cube mix plus) sometimes ghost 'keys' are magically held down.

For example perhaps the 'control' key becomes stuck down. Except I didn't press the key, I don't even have a keyboard, and I didn't even have the touch keyboard open.

Opening the touch keyboard and pressing the corresponding key doesn't unstick it. Attaching a usb or bluetooth keyboard and pressing the key doesn't unstick it either.

This has happened to many keys; ctrl, alt, shift, win, and sometimes character keys too like x. This can happen with any program open, sometimes explorer, sometimes chrome, sometimes mspaint, etc.

I suspected it was to do with the GPIO keyboard dock (the same as you would find on a MS surface), but I taped over the port and still have the issue. No one knew how or even if it's possible to disable the dock in device manager, so I haven't.

Any help would be welcome. Obviously this is not a fun bug. If you have a document open it may exit without warning, or leave you unable to save. Often you can't open the touch keyboard, or start menu. The only fix is a hard shutdown with the power button. I think with the right program I might be able to see what process or device is sending the keypresses.

Thanks in advance.

:)

gorman, Nov 5, 2017

2. Firmware update - whats new?

Sometimes this can happen if the keypress volume is on. Try going to profiles and setting the keypress volume to 0.

Mechanimal82, Nov 5, 2017
  3. Desktop access

Sent from my win 10 tablet-already in tablet mode

Terry D H Foster, Nov 5, 2017
Thema:

Ghost keypresses sent on tablet

1. Ghost keypresses sent on tablet - Similar Threads - Ghost keypresses sent

2. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  3. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  4. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard problem - keypress loop

Keyboard problem - keypress loop: Hey, i have problem with my keyboard, when i press tilde ` nothing happens. But then if i bind something to it e.g. in PC game, that action will repeat in a loop! But in windows in notepad, nothing is written if i click there. Really strange! Also i can't write tilde, only...
  6. Keyboard problem - keypress loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard problem - keypress loop: Hey, i have problem with my keyboard, when i press tilde ` nothing happens. But then if i bind something to it e.g. in PC game, that action will repeat in a loop! But in windows in notepad, nothing is written if i click there. Really strange! Also i can't write tilde, only...
  7. ghosting

ghosting: i have no control over my curser...round circles appear and take over myn screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ghosting/ce144598-7b80-4c3d-967e-e0e573d39c03
  8. AltGr sends LeftControl keypress

in Windows 10 Customization
    AltGr sends LeftControl keypress: Is there any way to remove LeftCtrl keypress from AltGr? I understand that Alt+Ctrl -> AltGr, but AltGr should not send Alt+Ctrl. I can't disable AltGr as I need it for symbols, but as my keyboard has some of the F-keys mapped as media keys, I need to press Fn next to...
  9. How to remove Ghost Touch bubbles from Windows 10 tablet

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Ghost Touch bubbles from Windows 10 tablet: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]One of the worst annoyances of touch-enabled Windows 10 devices is ‘Ghost Touching’ on the screen. It’s the random phenomenon where the computer screen starts flashing bubbles like spots around the edges of the screen with the mouse cursor bouncing [...]...
  10. Keyboard keypress volume

Keyboard keypress volume: Since in my Surface 1 I have the touch keyboard I need audio feedback for the pressure of keys, but I don't want to hear loud all the other windows sounds. Is it possible in win 10 to raise the volume of the keyboard while leaving the rest of system sounds dim? 49053