Windows 10: Ghostery for AdChoices ads...how to completely remove/opt out

Discus and support Ghostery for AdChoices ads...how to completely remove/opt out in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every story I read on my msn.com feed shows an AdChoice ad at the bottom. When I search to remove it, it's run by Ghostery, How do I completely opt out... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JackieMoonPie, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Ghostery for AdChoices ads...how to completely remove/opt out

Every story I read on my msn.com feed shows an AdChoice ad at the bottom. When I search to remove it, it's run by Ghostery, How do I completely opt out and remove Ghostery and it's "cookies" from my HP Pavilion 15 laptop?

:)

JackieMoonPie, Sep 1, 2016

2. Blocking Ads

I try to use Microsoft Edge, but the bombardment of ads is far beyond ridiculous...especially the most obnoxious AdChoices video ads. I clicked the AdChoices icon on the top right corner of an ad and went to the options page. I was unable to block many
    ads provided by a large number of companies. In the help section, it was suggested that enabling all third party cookies would allow the opt out page to opt out of all ads. I allowed all cookies but the opt out page was unable to opt me out of many ads and
    ad providing companies. What is the solution to blocking ads in Microsoft Edge? I ESPECIALLY need to block the video ads by AdChoices. Many of the video ads by AdChoices cannot be stopped once they start running. This actually slowly but surely eats more
    of my data, thereby COSTING ME MY HARD EARNED MONEY. Please provide the information I need so I do not have to use another browser other than Edge. I want to use Edge, but the ads are killing me. Literally killing me.

appollonius, Sep 1, 2016
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    How to remove AdChoices ads from Internet Explorer

Hi Don. I have this on my IE11 but had big problems last time I tried to install this on Edge. Tried again and it's now working in Edge (along with the icon top right of my screen). I would just say to BRose3456 to be patient - you can't see that anything's
    happening until after it's been installed.

Thanks Don

Taffy087, Sep 1, 2016
  4. Ghostery for AdChoices ads...how to completely remove/opt out

Hello and welcome:

Ghostery is a browser extension for Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera and IE.

FAQ

Removal would probably entail uninstalling it from the browser.

What browser are you using?

MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 1, 2016
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    If you wish to keep Ghostery & opt out, you need to edit your settings in "My Ghostery".

To get there, click on the Ghostery icon, there will be a box and next to blocking options there are 3 vertical dots. Click on those, click on My Ghostery, a new web page opens & you can edit your settings from there under General.

Uncheck this is if isn't.

Now click on Blocking Options and make sure they all say "all trackers in this category blocked." If not, click the blue "block all text and check to see if everything is blocked.

Ghostery for AdChoices ads...how to completely remove/opt out [​IMG]

If you want to remove it, here are the Uninstall directions for various browsers:

How Do I Uninstall Ghostery? Ghostery Browser Extension (GBE) and Mobile Browsing

Hope this helps

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ghostery for AdChoices ads...how to completely remove/opt out

1. Ghostery for AdChoices ads...how to completely remove/opt out - Similar Threads - Ghostery AdChoices ads

2. How can I opt out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I opt out: Problem solved - I don't want these e-nails anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-opt-out/b8cbf36c-4347-4d48-9208-c4a8b6e7c0df
  3. How can I opt out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I opt out: Problem solved - I don't want these e-nails anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-opt-out/b8cbf36c-4347-4d48-9208-c4a8b6e7c0df
  4. Can I opt out of ads in Windows lock screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I opt out of ads in Windows lock screen?: On the Windows lock screen before entering password upon start-up, there are usually pictures with some ambiguous text about the pictures. Today had the same thing, but also included "Amazon packages Today and all day." I'm not even signed into Amazon on this computer. Is...
  5. Can I opt out of ads in Windows lock screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I opt out of ads in Windows lock screen?: On the Windows lock screen before entering password upon start-up, there are usually pictures with some ambiguous text about the pictures. Today had the same thing, but also included "Amazon packages Today and all day." I'm not even signed into Amazon on this computer. Is...
  6. Can I opt out of ads in Windows lock screen?

7. How do I completely opt-out of Windows Insider Program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I completely opt-out of Windows Insider Program?: I once opted in for Windows Insider Program but I later found that it was a mistake. Now I want to completely opt-out of Insider Program. I have done some research on how to, but I couldn't find any help. I want to receive normal updates and not Insider updates. But it seems...
  8. How do I completely opt-out of Windows Insider Program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I completely opt-out of Windows Insider Program?: [ATTACH] I once opted in for Windows Insider Program but I later found that it was a mistake. Now I want to completely opt-out of Insider Program. I have done some research on how to, but I couldn't find any help. I want to receive normal updates and not Insider updates....
  9. remove adChoices in windows 10

remove adChoices in windows 10: How Do I remove AdChoices in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-adchoices-in-windows-10/8b3ff01c-6d87-430f-bc03-ec4c0f993479
  10. AdChoice

AdChoice: I do not want AdChoice on my machine. I despise it. How can I get rid of it? People tell me it is a Microsoft product. I am on Chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/adchoice/bfd5a690-fd1d-449f-98ce-28f875db6c20

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ghostery for windows 10 edge