Windows 10: Gigabyte BRIX Firmware Flaws Allow Installation of UEFI Ransomware

Discus and support Gigabyte BRIX Firmware Flaws Allow Installation of UEFI Ransomware in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; April 1, 2017, Bleeping Computer Yesterday, at the BlackHat Asia 2017 security conference, researchers from cyber-security firm Cylance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by simrick, Apr 2, 2017.

1. simrick Win User

Gigabyte BRIX Firmware Flaws Allow Installation of UEFI Ransomware

April 1, 2017, Bleeping Computer

Read more here:
    Gigabyte Firmware Flaws Allow the Installation of UEFI Ransomware

:)

simrick, Apr 2, 2017
  2. 居米劉 Win User

Windows 10 Installation Error - 0xC1900101 - 0x20017

got the same error code on my Gigabyte Brix S i3h4010

居米劉, Apr 2, 2017
  3. ChriGa Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade Failed Error 0xC1900101 - 0x20017

Same here. I'm using a Gigabyte Brix with an Crucial MX100.

Can't install any Windows 10 after Insider Build 10130. It never makes it to the black screen with the progress circle after reboot. It just skips to previous Windows version.

No matter how I try to install it: Windows update, ISO on Usb, ISO from within Windows. Not even booting works from the ISO. It's in some kind of boot loop. With UEFI and legacy boot.

Help very much needed and appreciated!

ChriGa, Apr 2, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Almost wish it was April fools *Confused

AndreTen, Apr 2, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
    I hear ya.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Gigabyte BRIX Firmware Flaws Allow Installation of UEFI Ransomware - Similar Threads - Gigabyte BRIX Firmware

2. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  3. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The UEFI firmware settings missing: The UEFI firmware settings on my window 10 pro missing . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-uefi-firmware-settings-missing/c26c52fa-82d6-4d11-b41b-9e94ad91b866
  4. The UEFI firmware settings missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "initiate UEFI Firmware" in Advance Restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    "initiate UEFI Firmware" in Advance Restart: Hi, I wanna ask this question because i cant access to my bios with my keyboard in normal startup or when i restart the pc. I was looking for options and when i choose to initiate my Bios with "advanced restart" i mean the option UEFI Firmware i noticed i dont have that...
  6. UEFI : The disk layout for UEFI firmware isn't supported.

UEFI : The disk layout for UEFI firmware isn't supported.: Windows won't update and I get the above message. This is my Windows info [ATTACH] What do I need to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uefi-the-disk-layout-for-uefi-firmware-isnt/1a7e5683-4863-4c1f-b2e9-89e6918e8135
  7. UEFI install boot fail @ Asian-market gigabyte motherboard...

UEFI install boot fail @ Asian-market gigabyte motherboard...: Hey guys! I have an issue that's relatively specific, but maybe someone has experience with this topic. My friend moved to China and bought a used PC from a (not so tech-savvy) person. It came preinstalled with Win7, and he decided to do a clean install of Win10 on it. It's...
  8. System firmware UEFI Admin Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System firmware UEFI Admin Password: Forgot to mention that I am the only one using my laptop and nobody else. So will it be fine not to set an Admin UEFI password? If you believe that no one has any reason to access your laptop when you are not around it, then, there is no need for one.
  9. UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI firmware settings SAMSUNG: Hello all, My system specs are the following: Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit UEFI Bios Phoenix BIOS version and drivers are updated, also confirmed by Slimdrivers. Samsung Series 5 ULTRA 530U4C-S02PT Also: It is an hybrid drive, 1TB HDD & 24GB SSD that is supposedly well...
  10. UEFI firmware settings screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI firmware settings screen: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (32Bit), Since, I have lost access to my DVD drive. The Device Manager shows: [img] The drive has always been connected and worked fine with Windows 7; the hardware has never been altered or messed about with. So I decided...