Windows 10: Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

Discus and support Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aakster, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Aakster Win User

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

:)

Aakster, Dec 9, 2016

2. Start menu tiles for Office have 2 styles; how do you control which you get on Windows 10?

Before the Fall Update to Windows 10, the start menu tiles for all the Office 2016 / 365 programs had the default background color and small images, but some programs such as Foxit Reader and Microsoft Solitaire had different color backgrounds or large images,
    as shown in the left 3x3 tiles.

After the Fall Update, the tiles for Office programs got the background colors associated with the programs and larger images (right 3x3 tiles). I saw this as an improvement and guessed it was due to some new capability of the November Update.

I was surprised after setting up a new computer (installing the Fall Update and then installing Office 2016 / 365) to see that the Office program tiles had the default color and the small images, as in the left 3x3 tiles. I prefer the style on the right
    with different color backgrounds and bigger images.

Is there some way one can choose the desired style?

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds [​IMG]

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds [​IMG]

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Mickey Segal, Dec 9, 2016
Thema:

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

1. Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds - Similar Threads - Office 2016 Start

2. Background color for Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background color for Start Menu: Recently Win Update installed the latest version of Windows 10 (20H2), and I am left with a white background in my Start Menu (see picture) I went to Settings, but when I try to change the color, the check box to change the Start Menu is grayed out. (see picture) Does...
  3. Background color for Start Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Background color for Start Menu: Recently Win Update installed the latest version of Windows 10 (20H2), and I am left with a white background in my Start Menu (see picture) I went to Settings, but when I try to change the color, the check box to change the Start Menu is grayed out. (see picture) Does...
  4. Start Menu Tile Colors Inconsistent

Start Menu Tile Colors Inconsistent: The tile background colors on my Start Menu have been showing different colors for different apps. Even apps installed through the same suite are inconsistent, such as Adobe programs. Other apps, such as Spotify, seem to use custom colors, which have always been the case....
  5. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  6. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

in Windows 10 Support
    20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  7. Start Menu tile background color changes are being ignored

Start Menu tile background color changes are being ignored: BACKGROUND: Several weeks ago my START MENU tile background color went to a very light gray on a darker gray start menu background. PROBLEM: Ever since that time, we have been unable to change the background color of the START MENU tiles. When we go to PERSONALIZATION >...
  8. Different color of tiles in the start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different color of tiles in the start menu.: [ATTACH] Yes, I have a problem again. I hope it's the last one. Some tiles of the background is brighter than the other. I saw a similar post about 2 weeks ago, but I lost it. P.s.:the system has Russian installed, because I am from Russia....
  9. start menu tile colors

start menu tile colors: I've scanned to find information on changing the tile colors and found nothing. Is there a way to change the start menu tile colors so they're not the same? Windows 8.1 had different color tiles but Windows 10 has most of them the same. Thanks 17729
  10. Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons: [img] I'm wondering if there's currently a way to remove the ugly as hell tile background from icons located in the Start Menu. In other words, I just want the ICON to show. I really like the Windows 10 start menu (especially after removing the entire tile-set to the...