Windows 10: Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook

Discus and support Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; As part of Data Privacy Day, we’re introducing a new education campaign to help you understand how data is used on Facebook and how you can manage your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook

We’re also inviting people to take our Privacy Checkup and sharing privacy tips in education campaigns off Facebook, including ads on other websites. We’ll refresh our education campaigns throughout the year to give you tips on different topics.

Making Privacy Settings Easier to Find
    We know how important it is for you to have clear, simple tools for managing your privacy. This year, we’ll introduce a new privacy center that features core privacy settings in a single place. We’re designing this based on feedback from people, policymakers and privacy experts around the world.

Facebook’s Privacy Principles
    Our efforts to build data protection into our products and give you more information and control reflect core principles we’ve had on privacy. Today we’re sharing these principles for the first time here, and we’ve included them below.

We’re also developing resources that help other organizations build privacy into their services. For example, throughout 2018 we’re hosting workshops on data protection for small and medium businesses, beginning in Europe with a focus on the new General Data Protection Regulation. We hosted our first workshop in Brussels last week and published a guide for frequently asked questions. Around the world we’ll continue to host Design Jams that bring designers, developers, privacy experts and regulators together to create new ways of educating people on privacy and giving them control of their information.

We’ll keep improving our privacy tools and look forward to hearing what you think...

Read more: Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook | Facebook Newsroom

:)

Brink, Jan 28, 2018
  2. Entegy Win User

Facebook update - Privacy Settinh

This is controlled by your default privacy setting on Facebook. Change that.

Entegy, Jan 28, 2018
  3. RFC0001 Win User
    How to edit Facebook sharing settings on WP7 ?

And there is--It's on facebook.com under Privacy:

Control Your Default Privacy
    This setting will apply to status updates and photos you post to your timeline from a Facebook app that doesn't have the inline audience selector, like Facebook for Blackberry.

This is actually much better than having an app setting since you are using your default Facebook settings (since the built in functionality and Facebook for Windows Phone are nothing more than clients for Facebook itself -- no sense in having separate
    privacy settings -- just let the defaults apply). The problem is when Facebook implemented this they didn't comletely remove the old "Windows Phone" app for a very small number of users, which is why you have to manually remove it from the App Bookmarks as
    I describe above.

For most users Windows Phone (the built-in functoinality) and Facebook for Windows Phone apps were removed successfully on Facebook.com, and will use the default setting above.

RFC0001, Jan 28, 2018
Thema:

Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook

1. Giving You More Control of Your Privacy on Facebook - Similar Threads - Giving More Control

2. Facebook gives you more control and context in News Feed

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook gives you more control and context in News Feed: [ATTACH] Control What You Share Today we’re introducing a new tool to give you more control over what you share to News Feed by managing who can comment on your public posts. Now, you can control your commenting audience for a given public post by choosing from...
  3. New safety features for Facebook Messenger to give more control

in Windows 10 News
    New safety features for Facebook Messenger to give more control: [img] When people trust their messages are private and feel safe online, they can express themselves freely. We build features that empower people to stay in control of their privacy and avoid potential abuse or harm. Safer Internet Day is a chance to remind everyone about...
  4. What internet browser gives you the most privacy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What internet browser gives you the most privacy?: I know that duck duck go is the safest search engine but I don’t know what’s the safest internet browser. submitted by /u/Fap99timesaday [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9chl5/what_internet_browser_gives_you_the_most_privacy/
  5. More intuitive privacy and security controls in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    More intuitive privacy and security controls in Google Chrome: Keeping you safe and secure online is part of Chrome’s DNA. Along with providing strong default protections, we aim to give you accessible, intuitive, and useful controls so you can make choices that are right for you. So, today we’ve started rolling...
  6. Adding a privacy policy to a facebook page.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding a privacy policy to a facebook page.: I need to add a privacy policy link to a facebook business page. I have a draft saved in a word pad document using Windows 10. Can someone explain how to create that link to be able to enter it onto the page please? I cannot see any link icons on the word pad page. Thanks....
  7. YouTube gives you more control over your Homepage and Up Next videos

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube gives you more control over your Homepage and Up Next videos: Connecting our users with the content they love is important to us. We want to help viewers find new interests and passions — such as a new favorite artist, a new creator they can follow or simply the best food recipes. But there's one true expert in what you want to watch:...
  8. Your data controlled by you.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your data controlled by you.: For the past few days, every time I sign onto my PC, a window opens that says Your data controlled by you. It forces me then to choose between sending and not sending more data. I choose not and then exit. However, as I said, this happens every time I start my PC. Hw can...
  9. Bringing you more control over your Skype 8 Presence model

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing you more control over your Skype 8 Presence model: We have heard your feedback on the Skype 8 Presence model. We have seen two major feedback themes emerge – (a) My contacts don’t see me as Active/Online even though I am (b) Give me more control on my presence. We are actively working on addressing them and would love your...
  10. Windows 10 privacy journey continues: more transparency and controls

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 privacy journey continues: more transparency and controls: Introducing three new things that will empower customers to be more informed about their privacy in Windows 10.Terry Myerson is the EVP of the Windows and Devices Group and Marisa Rogers is the WDG Privacy Officer Last week, we shared that the Windows 10 Creators Update...