Windows 10: Glance Screen - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile

Discus and support Glance Screen - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Glance Screen - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile How to Turn On or Off Glance Screen on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Glance Screen - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile

How to: Glance Screen - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile

How to Turn On or Off Glance Screen on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Glance Screen - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile [​IMG]
    Information The Glance screen feature in Windows 10 Mobile lets you see your clock and lock screen info at a glance after your screen has turned off.

Starting with Windows 10 build 15007, the Always show Glance screen when charging option is available again.

When you turn on the Glance screen, you can change the options below to how you want for the Glance screen:
    • Choose how many minutes to show the Glance screen when your screen is turned off.
    • Choose to always show Glance screen when charging your phone.
    • If you've set a background photo as your lock screen, you can show your lock screen background picture on the Glance screen.
    • Choose to use Night mode to dim the Glance screen during a set time range, and show text color as red, green, or blue during the time range.
    This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off the Glance screen on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

EXAMPLE: Glance screen on Windows 10 Mobile phone

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and tap on Personalization. (see screenshot below)

2. Tap on Glance screen. (see screenshot below)

3. Do step 4 (off) or step 5 (on) below for what you want.

4. To Turn Off Glance Screen
    A) Turn off Show Glance screen when your screen is turned off, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

5. To Turn On Glance Screen
    A) Turn on Show Glance screen when your screen is turned off. (see screenshot below)

B) You can now change the Glance screen settings below to what you want, and go to step 6 when finished. (see screenshots below)
    • Choose how many minutes to show the Glance screen when your screen is turned off.
    • Choose to always show Glance screen when charging your phone.
    • If you've set a background photo as your lock screen, you can show your lock screen background picture on the Glance screen.
    • Choose to use Night mode to dim the Glance screen during a set time range, and show text color as red, green, or blue during the time range.

6. When finished, you can tap on the Start button *Start at the bottom of your phone to return to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Sep 27, 2017

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Glance Screen and Navigation Vibration Option in Windows 10

Hello Mark,

You can turn off the vibration by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Tap Navigation bar and turn off Vibration
      for navigation bar.

To turn off Glance screen, go to Settings > Perzonalization >
    Glance screen > Show Glance
    screen when your screen
    is turned off.

Feel free to contact us if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Joe Men Win User

glance screen

Hello
    Justavi

We need additional information for us to isolate your concern about the Glance screen feature and the notification sounds. Please provide the following:

• What is the version of Windows 10 Mobile is your phone running on? Include the build version.
    • What changes did you do on your phone before the issue started?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

We will be waiting for your reply.

Joe Men, Oct 26, 2019
  5. glance screen is not working

I have a Lumia 950

I have tried to setup glance screen

I go to extras and glance screen

under content

background picture is grayed out

and cannot be turned on

I have the latest update

any suggestions about how to turn it on

by using one of my pics.

Thx

Wayne

Wayne Hodges, Oct 26, 2019
  6. How to add tiles to Life at a Glance?

Hi

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you pin the app tile and Life at a glance on the Start screen.

Follow the below steps:

• Type program in the search bar from the Desktop.
    • Right click on the app and select Pin to Start.
    • Again, type life at a glance in the search bar from the Desktop.
    • Right click on the Life at a glance and select Pin to Start.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Glance Screen - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile - Similar Threads - Glance Screen Turn

2. Mobile Hotspot keep turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Hotspot keep turning off: I am using Windows 11 and I use the internet in my laptop through an ethernet cable which is provided to us in our rooms from different ethernet ports usually it's fine but when I want to use the Internet on my mobile phone I have to turn on my Mobile Hotspot from Laptop...
  3. Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Broadband Capability is turned off: Hi, I am currently using a desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.295 I'm trying to use a Mobile Broadband Adapter with my desktop (specifically a Sierra Wireless MC7430 Mini-PCIe Modem) plugged into a Mini-PCIe to USB adapter. The modem is installed...
  4. Mobile hotspot turning off!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile hotspot turning off!: Hello, I have a laptop with windows ten on it, and I have been using mobile hotspot for quite awhile to connect other devices to the internet with out any problems. However for the last two days my mobile hotspot keeps turning off for no reason when it used to stay on...
  5. Turning off Windows 10 screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off Windows 10 screen: I listen to a lot of audio files and audio programs on my Windows 10 computer. However, there is no known function to just turn off the display screen. If I let the computer go to sleep, I lose my audio. Is there a shortcut or Key sequence I can program this function into my...
  6. Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 You can turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You can share a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular...
  7. Turn On or Off Bluetooth on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Bluetooth on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Turn On or Off Bluetooth on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Bluetooth Wireless Communication on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Bluetooth lets you use all sorts of wireless devices with your phone—Bluetooth headsets, headphones, a...
  8. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...
  9. Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Device Portal for Mobile on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows Device Portal lets you configure and manage your device remotely over a network or USB...
  10. Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Flashlight - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Flashlight in Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10149 for phones now includes a Flashlight quick action button in the Action Center so...