Windows 10: Glary Utilities 12,000+ "Privacy Problems"

Discus and support Glary Utilities 12,000+ "Privacy Problems" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since updating to Glary utilities 5.46.0.46 and now 5.47.0.47, Tracks Eraser now shows more than 12,000 privacy problems! Before, when I hadn't checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gogreen, Mar 23, 2016.

1. gogreen Win User

Glary Utilities 12,000+ "Privacy Problems"

Since updating to Glary utilities 5.46.0.46 and now 5.47.0.47, Tracks Eraser now shows more than 12,000 privacy problems! Before, when I hadn't checked in a few days, it used to show no more than about 150 or so. I use mainly Firefox (45.0.1). I can't imagine why Glary is now showing so many "privacy problems." I'm doing nothing different from before. Anyone have an idea if there's a FF setting or Windows setting that may have been changed in recent updates?

:)

gogreen, Mar 23, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Mar 23, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Glary Utilities 12,000+ "Privacy Problems" :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Glary Utilities 12,000+ "Privacy Problems" :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Glary Utilities 12,000+ "Privacy Problems" :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Glary Utilities 12,000+ "Privacy Problems" :)

musum, Mar 23, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Interesting .....I've never seen more than 6 to maybe 24 on mine......using same version as yours too. Makes me wonder where the heck you go on the web? *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 23, 2016
  5. gogreen Win User
    Not to unseemly websites.

gogreen, Mar 23, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Well you can go into Options screen from the main menu, then go to Tracks Eraser and Uncheck Firefox. That will stop it from finding all those problems. If its a bug in Glary then at some point he will find it, if he knows about the problem. Or its a bug in Firefox. I have no idea which one. I don't run Firefox. So I have no problems with Glary's Tracking issue that you do.

OldMike65, Mar 23, 2016
  7. gogreen Win User
    I emailed them. Waiting for a response.

gogreen, Mar 23, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Great idea, would you post back if they had an answer for this problem please? We might have other members who have the same problem as you are having. Thanks, Mike.

OldMike65, Mar 23, 2016
  9. gogreen Win User
    Yes. Absolutely will.

gogreen, Mar 23, 2016
  10. badrobot Win User
    Or if you want to know right away if it's FF doing it, try uninstalling it and use either Edge or Chrome temporarily.

badrobot, Mar 23, 2016
  11. gogreen Win User
    Glary responded. And I wish to add that they responded very quickly--within hours of my using the contact form on their website. It was suggested that I completely uninstall Glary Utilities, download the latest version, temporarily disable virus software, and reinstall the latest version, all of which I did. I realized, though, that Glary Utilities wasn't the problem--I think Firefox was the problem. I believe a recent Firefox update changed some privacy and security settings. The problem may also be connected to recent Windows updates, but I'm not sure about this. I changed the Firefox settings, and now Glary finds very few privacy problems. Problem solved.

So if you're having a problem with Glary Utilities finding far too many privacy problems, check your Firefox privacy and security settings!

gogreen, Mar 24, 2016
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    Thanks VERY Much for this updated info!! I thought all along it was Firefox myself, but I couldn't prove it, because I don't run Firefox. Glary utilities, has never done that with me. Thanks again for your information. *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 24, 2016
  13. gogreen Win User

You're welcome. What surprised me pleasantly was Glary's quick response.

gogreen, Mar 24, 2016
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    Yes that's nice to know *Smile

Forgot to ask you, any chance you could post the changes you made in your Firefox, for the folks that do run Firefox, so they can check their settings??
    Thanks again, Mike. *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 24, 2016
  15. gogreen Win User
    Sure, Mike. Happy to help.

Attached are images of my Firefox privacy settings (all I needed to fix Glary's finding way too many privacy problems). The first image is general privacy settings. I have the Firefox-recommended list clicked in the "Change block list" item. I have no exceptions listed for cookies exceptions. The second image is the choices you get when you click the settings button to the right of "Clear History." I checked all the options checked there. Hope this helps.

gogreen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Glary Utilities 12,000+ "Privacy Problems" - Similar Threads - Glary Utilities 000+

2. Glary Utilities Pro 100% free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Glary Utilities Pro 100% free: [img] Glary Utilities Pro 100% free 168342
  3. Glary Utilities Is Being Reported As Harmful Per Microsoft W10?

Glary Utilities Is Being Reported As Harmful Per Microsoft W10?: Hello. Need your help. I am having issues with Microsoft Edge (new Chromium version) able to download the *.exe file for Glary Utilities and for that matter Microsoft Defender (I would assume it is originating.) on my Windows 10 Pro x64. Why is Microsoft blocking it or...
  4. Glary Utillities

Glary Utillities: Does any one use the above if yes is it good or leave well alone?. Thanks. https://www.glarysoft.com/glary-utilities/ 124850
  5. Glary Utils (free) not cleaning Firefox

Glary Utils (free) not cleaning Firefox: There have been a succession of recent updates to the free Glary utils software. I have used it for a long time, but today I noticed it didn't seem to completely clean my files. Therefore, I ran CCleaner, only to find many hundreds of Firefox cache and other files appearing...
  6. Glary Utilities won't update

Glary Utilities won't update: Hi, Just used Brink's excellent tutorial, to update my nearly ten years old Dell Inspiron laptop to the latest version of W10, the one they said would "never run W10 in a million years".........to keep laptop in tip-top condition I run Glary Utilities, 4 or 5 times a...
  7. CCleaner, Glary Utilities etc.

CCleaner, Glary Utilities etc.: Hey, I've been using system cleaners like CCleaner, Wise Care 365 and Glary Utilities for a long time now. But I recently upgraded to Windows 10 32-bit and I'm not very sure on whether I should use them of not. I read on these forums that using them, especially the...
  8. Can't open Glary Utilities

Can't open Glary Utilities: I can't open Glary Utilities, there's a window showing: [img] I think it's a problem on UAC. 29700
  9. Only today: Glary Utilities Pro Lifetime License for Free!

Only today: Glary Utilities Pro Lifetime License for Free!: Hi geeks. Generally speaking I am not a friend of these tuning and optimizing tools. I have not found a single utility to optimize my PC which does something I cannot do manually by myself. However, for those who like this kind of apps, check this offer out: Get Glary...
  10. Glary Utilities

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Glary Utilities: I have used this site for years but today it opens and freezes. Any ideas Thanks 47964