Windows 10: Gmail default on Google browser

Discus and support Gmail default on Google browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I change the default program of "Gmail" to "Inbox" on the Google Browser? (when I first bring up a page on my chrome browser, there is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Linda_AT, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Linda_AT Win User

Gmail default on Google browser

How can I change the default program of "Gmail" to "Inbox" on the Google Browser? (when I first bring up a page on my chrome browser, there is a shortcut on the upper right corner for Gmail.)

thank you

:)

Linda_AT, Aug 27, 2018

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Reset the default browser to Google Chrome

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the changes apply to the system.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control panel from the context menu.
    • From the top right corner of the screen click on
      View by
      and select Large icons.
    • Select Default Programs and click on
      Set your default programs from the window.
    • Under Programs, select Chrome browser, click on
      Set this program as default and click on OK.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know the status.

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 27, 2018
  4. malware Win User

Introducing Google Gmail Labs

Google is inviting Gmail users in the US and UK to participate in the testing of Gmail Labs. Launched today, the latest Google service brings a list of experimental new features that will eventually become part of Gmail. Gmail Labs is available now through the Settings/Labs page of your Gmail box.
    Source: Official Gmail Blog

malware, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Gmail default on Google browser - Similar Threads - Gmail default Google

2. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  3. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome as default browser: Hello!I'm having a strange repeting problem and I don't know what is causing it. I set google chrome as my default browser and yes when I open it, it's chrome that I see. The problem is when I open a new tab: it switches browser for no reasons. I ofter opens bing or yahoo...
  4. google chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    google chrome as default browser: I have been using Google Chrome as my default browser forever, however now the last few days every time I click on the icon to launch it, it won't open. I have tried everything! I have uninstalled and reinstalled it at least 6x and still nothing has worked.Is or has anyone...
  5. Google Chrome NOT Really Default Browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome NOT Really Default Browser.: I have Google Chrome set as my Default Browser. However, if I goto Control Panel => Security and Maintenance => Change Security and Maintenance Settings, and click the How does Security and Maintenance check for problems? link, Microsoft Edge opens. Has it got ANYTHING to do...
  6. Can't set Google Chrome as default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't set Google Chrome as default browser: Like the title says, I can't set Chrome as my browser. When I go to default apps, Chrome doesn't appear as an option under the browser category. It's also not in the Microsoft app store. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. Still nothing. I've seen threads on this issue with...
  7. Gmail account, Google

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gmail account, Google: Why can't I add my gmail account or any google products. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-google/e0a5f53b-939a-49f0-93f3-f07c9a76d242"
  8. Can't change default browser to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change default browser to Google Chrome: Hi I use windows 10 version 1803 When I try changing the default browser in the settings, there's only 2 I can choose, Edge and Internet Explorer. I would like to use Google Chrome but it doesn't show up. The program is installed in my computer, I'm even using it right now...
  9. Google Chrome is not your default browser problem

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome is not your default browser problem: I'm having a persistent problem with Google Chrome. Although Windows 10 says Chrome is the default browser, Google Chrome itself does not "believe" it, and I keep getting the "Google Chrome is not your default browser" notification when I bring up the browser. In settings it...
  10. gmail/google and megalomania

in Browsers and Email
    gmail/google and megalomania: Excellent torre .... just what I needed. My feeling is precisely the same as the final statement from Caller! *Smile