Windows 10: Gmail default stopped working

Discus and support Gmail default stopped working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Gmail is my default program and I use it from Chrome. I can no longer click on file to send it by email as I get the message to say that there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mordor1, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Mordor1 Win User

Gmail default stopped working

Gmail is my default program and I use it from Chrome.

I can no longer click on file to send it by email as I get the message to say that there is no email program associated.

My default app is set as Chrome, and G Mail is set in Chrome "Handlers".

As it worked before, has some update changed this? (It's not a function I use often so can't pin it to a particular update.)

Thanks.

:)

Mordor1, Jul 24, 2018
  2. cweedon Win User

Set Firefox/gmail as my default mail client

Clicking on an mailto link in Excel or Word no longer brings me to Firefox and gmail. I have Windows 10. My default browser is set to Firefox. Website hyperlinks in Excel or Word work fine, taking me to Firefox. Within Firefox the mailto is set to gmail and this works if I am in Firefox.
    Under Windows/Control panel/Default apps/email Firefox is not listed as an option.
    Any ideas?

cweedon, Jul 24, 2018
  3. how to make gmail as the default email client in win 10

when I try to set gmail as my default client in win 10 I do not see the app listed in the default list in the "defualt programs" list. How do I set up gmail as the default email client?

mikestew27, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Gmail default stopped working - Similar Threads - Gmail default stopped

2. Notifications from gmail to gmail have stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications from gmail to gmail have stopped working.: I have two computers on and for some reason notifications from a gmail address to my gmail address suddenly stopped working. I'd done nothing to either computer. One is on Windows 10 and this one is Windows 11. Notifications from other addresses arrive OK.I could understand...
  3. Notifications from gmail to gmail have stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications from gmail to gmail have stopped working.: I have two computers on and for some reason notifications from a gmail address to my gmail address suddenly stopped working. I'd done nothing to either computer. One is on Windows 10 and this one is Windows 11. Notifications from other addresses arrive OK.I could understand...
  4. default apps stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    default apps stopped working: After April update, default apps stopped working. How can I fix the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-apps-stopped-working/236e81ce-f0cd-48ce-9c12-c83a42310a63
  5. Gmail not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail not working: Since the Windows 10 update earlier this week I have had no issues with my Gmail account, now i cant log into it at all. It just searches. Any ideas ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-not-working/ac5fe211-ab9c-4c77-8485-63dc57c3116f
  6. Gmail default on Google browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail default on Google browser: How can I change the default program of "Gmail" to "Inbox" on the Google Browser? (when I first bring up a page on my chrome browser, there is a shortcut on the upper right corner for Gmail.) thank you...
  7. Making Gmail my default email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making Gmail my default email: Hope someone can help me please. I want to make Gmail my default email, but when I go to change it, the only options are Google Chrome and Mail. By choosing Google Chrome - it still does not make Gmail, my default mail. I want to be able to right click on a picture on my...
  8. Set Mailto default to Gmail in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Set Mailto default to Gmail in Chrome: I've googled and searched tenforums and found descriptions of how to do this but nothing seems to work. I have added the mailto Handler in Chrome settings and it shows mail.google.com. I have set the Mail default app to Chrome. I have set the default Mailto protocol...
  9. Re: Gmail as default email

in Browsers and Email
    Re: Gmail as default email: I have recently purchased a Windows 10 loaded Lenovo laptop. I want Gmail to be the default email client. At the moment, I can access Gmail, through Outlook.com but do not like the way it is presented and prefer Gmail's format. Is there any way that I can unravel this, so...
  10. Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Attachments in Gmail are defaulting to Edge: I got a return label e-mailed to me in Gmail. When I click on the attachment to either download it, or open the PDF, I get error messages. I am on Gmail in Chrome. If I try to download, it says I cannot do this (open Edge) under the Administrative account, switch accounts. If...