Windows 10: Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set

Discus and support Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My wife is not getting any emails that originate from gmail. They go directly to the spam folder regardless of which email program is used. I have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by erndog, Jan 14, 2018.

1. erndog Win User

Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set

My wife is not getting any emails that originate from gmail. They go directly to the spam folder regardless of which email program is used. I have confirmed this with both Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird. No rules are set, yet they still go to spam. I deactivated her avast just in case that was doing it, but it still happens. I checked for viruses, but that didn't help either. I went to the cox.net server and deactivated anything I could find. No change.
    Her laptop is a Lenovo with Windows 10 and Office 2010. I also looked for any Lenovo settings that may be doing it. Nothing.

Any ideas??

:)

erndog, Jan 14, 2018
  2. Entegy Win User

Will MS fix Gmail on Windows Phone 7 ?

I get several pieces of spam a day through Gmail. I don't care, as long as it goes into my Spam folder.

Entegy, Jan 14, 2018
  3. Entegy Win User
    app purchase email with instructions not sent to phone

Check your spam folder. The email ended up in my spam folder for my Gmail account. However, the app was installed on my phone automatically.

Entegy, Jan 14, 2018
  4. Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set

Hi erndog. Welcome to the TenForums @erndog

I would send your wife another email but make sure she is not log in on Win 10 machine. (Outlook, Thunderbird, Win 10 App)

Then using a browser check the cox.net mail account, I assume you can navigate via browser, and see where you message has be filed.

This help to identify when the junk label is being attached.

Caledon Ken, Jan 14, 2018
  5. lx07 Win User
    Just to be clear:

Your wife's email is something@gmail.com and all received emails go to spam?

or

Your wife's email is something@somethingelse.com and all emails from whoever@gmail.com go to spam (but from other addresses are OK)?

Which?

6. erndog Win User
    Ok. I sent another test email from gmail to her. I opened up cox.net's webmail site on her account, using my Linux machine(no windows on the harddrive at all), and the gmail email was sitting in her webmail spam folder.

erndog, Jan 14, 2018
  7. lx07 Win User
    sounds like your answer then.

cox.net is sending gmail to spam.

There are a few threads about it

Cox is now blocking/dumping forwarded emails - Internet Forum - Internet Forum - Cox Support Forums

Mail going to spam folder in cox.net - Internet Forum - Internet Forum - Cox Support Forums

If you PM me her address I'll send a gmail message from my account and then you can see if it is a problem with your gmail account in particular being flagged as spam sender or not. Don't post her address publicly whatever you do *Smile

8. Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set

I would also call Cox and express my disappointment. Maybe suggest a service credit. They may also have a suggested fix. That is a huge domain to be handling incorrectly.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set

1. Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set - Similar Threads - Gmail goes spam

2. Spam Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spam Settings: A lot of my email that I want is going to Spam or Junk. Even for people that are in my contact list. Where can I change my settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spam-settings/366733f9-ec45-4ff7-a687-ffe46c5d7afe
  3. Gmail now uses TensorFlow to block 100 million spam messages daily

in Windows 10 News
    Gmail now uses TensorFlow to block 100 million spam messages daily: 1.5 billion people use Gmail every month, and 5 million paying businesses use Gmail in the workplace as a part of G Suite. For consumers and businesses alike, a big part of Gmail’s draw is its built-in security protections. Good security means constantly staying ahead of...
  4. spam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    spam: I receive daily multiple spam emails that I am not able to block and delete forever? They continue to reappear daily! How can this be eliminated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spam/cd68b26a-8d4b-4a5e-b943-9fdf6691e3e7"
  5. Opening folders goes to desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening folders goes to desktop: Good day! When I try to open a file, attach a file or click on a shortcut, file explorer brings me to the desktop in my Quick Access list. I then have to navigate to the file I want. For example, I just clicked 'save' on a Word document. I clicked 'browse' and it went to...
  6. my email spam folder disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my email spam folder disappeared: Please, why my email spam folder disappeared in AOL email account? How can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-spam-folder-disappeared/0c89fb71-93fb-4546-ad93-0381fd3455e7
  7. Spam?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spam?: I keep getting this thing popping up from "Slimware/DriverUpdate" but it is not from Dell they tell me so I need to know how to get it out of my computer. It is not listed in the Add or removal programs. It keeps telling me I have 16 drivers that I need updating. ' Does...
  8. Cannot find a spam folder or junk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find a spam folder or junk: I cannot find a spam folder or junk. I am missing a piece of email they swear I have. Original subject: windows 10 Live Mail]...
  9. Spam folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spam folder: I cannot locate the spam folder in my email account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/spam-folder/ef280e83-c29e-4955-ac07-e7a15d29bbea
  10. Spam?

in Browsers and Email
    Spam?: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 and started using Windows Mail for Windows 10, and quit using Yahoo! through Internet Explorer... I keep getting this email. Is this spam or is this true? [img] 48816