Windows 10: Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set

Discus and support Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My wife is not getting any emails that originate from gmail. They go directly to the spam folder regardless of which email program is used. I have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by erndog, Jan 14, 2018.

1. erndog Win User

Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set

My wife is not getting any emails that originate from gmail. They go directly to the spam folder regardless of which email program is used. I have confirmed this with both Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird. No rules are set, yet they still go to spam. I deactivated her avast just in case that was doing it, but it still happens. I checked for viruses, but that didn't help either. I went to the cox.net server and deactivated anything I could find. No change.
    Her laptop is a Lenovo with Windows 10 and Office 2010. I also looked for any Lenovo settings that may be doing it. Nothing.

Any ideas??

:)

erndog, Jan 14, 2018
  2. Entegy Win User

Will MS fix Gmail on Windows Phone 7 ?

I get several pieces of spam a day through Gmail. I don't care, as long as it goes into my Spam folder.

Entegy, Jan 14, 2018
  3. Entegy Win User
    app purchase email with instructions not sent to phone

Check your spam folder. The email ended up in my spam folder for my Gmail account. However, the app was installed on my phone automatically.

Entegy, Jan 14, 2018
  4. Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set

Hi erndog. Welcome to the TenForums @erndog

I would send your wife another email but make sure she is not log in on Win 10 machine. (Outlook, Thunderbird, Win 10 App)

Then using a browser check the cox.net mail account, I assume you can navigate via browser, and see where you message has be filed.

This help to identify when the junk label is being attached.

Caledon Ken, Jan 14, 2018
  5. lx07 Win User
    Just to be clear:

Your wife's email is something@gmail.com and all received emails go to spam?

or

Your wife's email is something@somethingelse.com and all emails from whoever@gmail.com go to spam (but from other addresses are OK)?

Which?

6. erndog Win User
    Ok. I sent another test email from gmail to her. I opened up cox.net's webmail site on her account, using my Linux machine(no windows on the harddrive at all), and the gmail email was sitting in her webmail spam folder.

erndog, Jan 14, 2018
  7. lx07 Win User
    sounds like your answer then.

cox.net is sending gmail to spam.

There are a few threads about it

Cox is now blocking/dumping forwarded emails - Internet Forum - Internet Forum - Cox Support Forums

Mail going to spam folder in cox.net - Internet Forum - Internet Forum - Cox Support Forums

If you PM me her address I'll send a gmail message from my account and then you can see if it is a problem with your gmail account in particular being flagged as spam sender or not. Don't post her address publicly whatever you do *Smile

8. Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set

I would also call Cox and express my disappointment. Maybe suggest a service credit. They may also have a suggested fix. That is a huge domain to be handling incorrectly.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set

1. Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set - Similar Threads - Gmail goes spam

2. Gmail Spam Folder

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail Spam Folder: I have used the same Gmail Email address for ages. Recently, I have been getting more Spam than I was getting not so long ago. I am normally very careful in how I use it and unsure why its happening. Messages in Spam folder are automatically deleted after 30 days. Should I...
  3. Folder options- one setting to rule them all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder options- one setting to rule them all: In folders explorer, the "Intelligent folder type" annoys me to no end, and setting and resetting the folder display style and properties is a constant battle in my workflow. If I can't nuke it altogether, how do I set ALL system-wide folders to a specific display once and...
  4. gmail spam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gmail spam: Hi I sent gmails using the Windows 10app, and they have gone to spam, and have seen it's an issue, but does anyone know if they actually went to the original, intended recipient as well? I sent a couple of important ones and they do not appear in sent, just spam, so I...
  5. sent emails in gmail acct going to spam instead of sent folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    sent emails in gmail acct going to spam instead of sent folder: sent emails in gmail acct going to spam instead of sent folder. please fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email/1463c6d1-86fb-4a9e-9eb8-b0b50eaf2937
  6. Email from windows 10 mail app goes straight to gmail spam folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email from windows 10 mail app goes straight to gmail spam folder: I have set up my windows 10 mail app, I really like it and want to use it. However, I have noticed that when I send emails to a gmail account through the app, the email is categorized as spam with the receiver. This is particularly wierd because if I send mail from the...
  7. Spam Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spam Folder: How come there is no SPAM folder? I have a Junk folder, but nothing has gone into it in almost a year. I have been waiting for an email from someone and they said to check my SPAM folder, but I don't have one. So I'm not getting the email and can't retrieve it from any...
  8. Folder spam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Folder spam: My computer is getting spams from random files in the pin to start its all filled with files I reset my pc completely its still there HERE IS A PICTURE[IMG]...
  9. Spam Settings

Spam Settings: A lot of my email that I want is going to Spam or Junk. Even for people that are in my contact list. Where can I change my settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spam-settings/366733f9-ec45-4ff7-a687-ffe46c5d7afe
  10. Spam folder

Spam folder: I cannot locate the spam folder in my email account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/spam-folder/ef280e83-c29e-4955-ac07-e7a15d29bbea