Windows 10: gmail/google and megalomania

Discus and support gmail/google and megalomania in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Excellent torre .... just what I needed. My feeling is precisely the same as the final statement from Caller! *Smile Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nithig, Apr 5, 2018.

1. nithig Win User

gmail/google and megalomania

Excellent torre .... just what I needed. My feeling is precisely the same as the final statement from Caller! *Smile

nithig, Apr 5, 2018
  2. nithig Win User

(not sure which section applies to this alert so admin plse re-site if it's in the wrong section)

Please pass it on:-

have had gmail app on mobile phone for some time, quite successfully.
    Today i went to check for mail and was forced to sign in anew ( no access to current boxes/folders).
    To sign in I had to allow google.com access to my app and browser to use my information as they wish.

I cannot find a way to communicate with google admin to complain, protest or give the finger.
    This is a blatant grab for information that I do no wish to share but alas I must keep the app available as it is set up
    with mail concerning a trip. As soon as the trip is over I will remove this app.

The big G is a megalomaniac.

:)

nithig, Apr 25, 2018
  3. Google calendar has same username than other e-mail account WITH 920?

A google account is a gmail account

A gmail account does not have to be a google account

Paul van der Heu, Apr 25, 2018
  4. gmail/google and megalomania

Google calendar Sync?

A google account is a gmail account

A gmail account does not have to be a google account

Paul van der Heu, Apr 25, 2018
  5. torre Win User
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/25/1...-google-update

May be due to the new gmail released Wednesday. Here is some humor I saw recently. *Smile

CALLER: Is this Gordon's Pizza?

GOOGLE: No sir, it's Google Pizza.

CALLER: I must have dialed a wrong number. Sorry.

GOOGLE: No sir, Google bought Gordon’s Pizza last month.

CALLER: OK. I would like to order a pizza.

GOOGLE: Do you want your usual, sir?

CALLER: My usual? You know me?

GOOGLE: According to our caller ID data sheet, the last 12 times you called you ordered an extra-large pizza with three cheeses, sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms and meatballs on a thick crust.

CALLER: OK! That’s what I want

GOOGLE: May I suggest that this time you order a pizza with ricotta, arugula, sun-dried tomatoes and olives on a whole wheat gluten free thin crust?

CALLER: What? I detest vegetables!

GOOGLE: Your cholesterol is not good, sir.

CALLER: How do you know?

GOOGLE: Well, we cross-referenced your home phone number with your medical records. We have the result of your blood tests for the last 7 years.

CALLER: Okay, but I do not want your vegetable pizza! I already take medication for my cholesterol.

GOOGLE: Excuse me sir, but you have not taken your medication regularly. According to our database, you only purchased a box of 30 cholesterol tablets once, at Drug RX Network, 4 months ago.

CALLER: I bought more from another drugstore.

CALLER: I paid in cash.

GOOGLE: But you did not withdraw enough cash according to your bank statement.

CALLER: I have other sources of cash.

GOOGLE: That doesn’t show on your last tax return unless you bought them using an undeclared income source, which is against the law.

CALLER: WHAT THE HECK? Are you serious!?

GOOGLE: I'm sorry, sir, we use such information only with the sole intention of helping you.

CALLER: Enough already! I'm sick to death of Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and all the others. I'm going to an island without internet, cable TV, where there is no cell phone service and no one to watch me or spy on me.

GOOGLE: I understand sir, but you need to renew your passport first. It expired 6 weeks ago.

torre, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

gmail/google and megalomania

1. gmail/google and megalomania - Similar Threads - gmail google megalomania

2. Gmail sign-in now starts with "Google Workspace", then goes to Gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail sign-in now starts with "Google Workspace", then goes to Gmail: Since yesterday when I sign in to Gmail, after typing my password, instead of indicating in large letters something like "loading Gmail ..." (I forget the exact wording) ... it now shows "Google Workspace". And then goes smoothly and directly to my Gmail. Note: I do not have...
  3. Gmail sign-in now starts with "Google Workspace", then goes to Gmail

in Windows 10 Support
    Gmail sign-in now starts with "Google Workspace", then goes to Gmail: Since yesterday when I sign in to Gmail, after typing my password, instead of indicating in large letters something like "loading Gmail ..." (I forget the exact wording) ... it now shows "Google Workspace". And then goes smoothly and directly to my Gmail. Note: I do not have...
  4. A bug in Google Chrome/Gmail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A bug in Google Chrome/Gmail: I cannot understand that Microsoft knew about this bug several months ago and after many attempts with Microsoft support people to fix the issues of Gmail and Microsoft Edge not saving user names/passwords ..... was to no avail!! I found this yesterday:...
  5. Google, Gmail, and Youtube regularly not loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google, Gmail, and Youtube regularly not loading: I am absolutely convinced this is a Windows or internet problem, because every other webpage loads fine, none of these work in Microsoft Edge or Firefox, Down Detector doesn't pick up a problem with any of them and I can't contact Google Support because THAT won't load either...
  6. Windows 10 and Google gMail Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Google gMail Account: I have two email accounts -- one Google and one Outlook. I have added both the the Windows 10 app. I can receive emails from both but I cannot send from the Google account. I keep getting security alerts that my Google settings are out of date but a my password is OK and b...
  7. Gmail account, Google

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gmail account, Google: Why can't I add my gmail account or any google products. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-google/e0a5f53b-939a-49f0-93f3-f07c9a76d242"
  8. google gmail microphone icon not found

in Windows 10 Customization
    google gmail microphone icon not found: My microphone was not showing in any of my windows 10 apps. I got microsoft help but i still don't have the microphone icon for gmail. How do i get it?...
  9. Gmail default on Google browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail default on Google browser: How can I change the default program of "Gmail" to "Inbox" on the Google Browser? (when I first bring up a page on my chrome browser, there is a shortcut on the upper right corner for Gmail.) thank you...
  10. Google Bringing the power of AMP to Gmail

in Windows 10 News
    Google Bringing the power of AMP to Gmail: For the past few years, we’ve worked to make mobile pages load faster through an open-source framework called Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP). AMP started as an effort to help publishers, but as its capabilities have expanded over time, it’s now one of the best ways to build...