Windows 10: Gmail vs G Suite

Discus and support Gmail vs G Suite in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've been using Gmail forever but now I'm looking at G Suite so that I can use my own domain name in my email. I've looked around and Google doesn't... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nugen, Apr 26, 2017.

1. nugen Win User

Gmail vs G Suite

I've been using Gmail forever but now I'm looking at G Suite so that I can use my own domain name in my email. I've looked around and Google doesn't offer the option to use your own domain name if you don't sign up for a G Suite subscription.

Except for the fact that G Suite cost money every month, is there any other negatives with having a business Google account (G Suite) vs a personal Google account (free Gmail)? Can I use and login to all the regular Google Services such as YouTube, Google Keep, Google Play etc. Will the services behave differently in G Suite as it thinks I'm a business user?

If anyone has some experience in this it would be nice to hear from you.

:)

nugen, Apr 26, 2017
  2. E for Excel, Apr 26, 2017
  3. NO EMAIL (GMAIL) ON MY DESK TOP

A. Delete you gmail account and add it again.

B.

1. Go to gmail account

2. Click on profile pic > My Account

3. Sign-in & Security

4. Click on Apps with Account access

5. go down and set Allow less secure apps to ON.

Just do it once and check whether it works or not. If it works, make it OFF again, if you are more security conscious. Then you can opt for 2 step verification in gmail.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Prepar...

E for Excel, Apr 26, 2017
Thema:

Gmail vs G Suite

1. Gmail vs G Suite - Similar Threads - Gmail Suite

2. I keep getting 0x800CCC0E error code in Outlook - won't connect to Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting 0x800CCC0E error code in Outlook - won't connect to Gmail: I made the mistake of responding to the Google warning about less secure apps. Big mistake. Now I can't seem to work out how to reconnect my Gmail to Outlook 10. I've been here before but this time nothing I do has worked....
  3. gmail problems with outlook and edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gmail problems with outlook and edge: I can't change my gmail password in outlook using edge as my browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-problems-with-outlook-and-edge/6d6489f9-1065-4877-b5de-e62c1808f40f
  4. My outlook account does not recognize my gmail account and will not sign in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My outlook account does not recognize my gmail account and will not sign in: My outlook account does not recognize my gmail account and will not sign in. It has been doing this a few days. I reinstalled it once and it seemed to fix the problem but now it is doing it again....
  5. Info on setting up Gmail as the default using Firefox?

in Windows 10 Support
    Info on setting up Gmail as the default using Firefox?: I am looking to configure W10 Pro 1809 to use Gmail as the default mailbox, opened in Firefox which is already the default browser. The are numerous web articles but their instructions refer to menu objects that were renamed and moved. So, I got nowhere. Can anyone please...
  6. gmail question

in Browsers and Email
    gmail question: lately when I open gmail it dose not open in full screen it always has but no more, is there a setting I could change 140607
  7. gmail question

in Windows 10 Support
    gmail question: lately when I open gmail it dose not open in full screen it always has but no more, is there a setting I could change 140607
  8. Latest Windows 10 update removed the ability of Outlook to send or receive emails from Gmail.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update removed the ability of Outlook to send or receive emails from Gmail.: The subject says it all, the latest Windows 10 update removed the ability of Outlook to send or receive emails from Gmail (error 0x800ccc0e). I've tried deleting and readding the accounts, repairing outlook, changing the port, etc., nothing works. The only thing I haven't...
  9. can not connect outlook to my gmail account. Imap.gmail.com Help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not connect outlook to my gmail account. Imap.gmail.com Help: can not connect outlook to my gmail account. Imap.gmail.com Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-connect-outlook-to-my-gmail-account/d798a8f2-e2d2-4918-b87f-9bbc708b89e4
  10. New Gmail compose formatting and download options for G Suite users

in Windows 10 News
    New Gmail compose formatting and download options for G Suite users: What’s changing We're adding three new features to Gmail: Shortcut to undo/redo in the compose window Shortcut to strikethrough text Ability to download messages as .EML files in rfc822 format from Gmail on the web Who’s impacted End users Why you’d use it Undo/Redo: If...