Windows 10: Gmail

Discus and support Gmail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; If I get a new IPS can I tell them I don't need your email and just get gmail? Or do I need their email in order to get gmail? 70341 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lostsoul65, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Gmail

If I get a new IPS can I tell them I don't need your email and just get gmail? Or do I need their email in order to get gmail?

:)

lostsoul65, Nov 19, 2016
  2. gmail. Win User

calendar

Trying to put a date in the calendar but keeps erasing and not saving, help

gmail., Nov 19, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How do I search for a Gmail email on Drive D: ?

Gmail exists only in the cloud. You can't run Gmail from a local drive. All your Gmail email is stored in the cloud.

To search for a Gmail email, open Gmail (from any internet-connected computer regardless of the operating system) and type your search term into Gmail's search box.

BulldogXX, Nov 19, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Gmail

You can get Gmail without any other email

Samuria, Nov 19, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Just be aware that most ISPs will send notices and bills only to the address they provide. Also note that most ISPs have Webmail/online E-Mail pages you log into from any computer using your own account/address and assigned password, just don't let it be saved on the other computers.

Berton, Nov 19, 2016
  6. Good advice.

Yes, you do not need your ISP mail account to sign up for and use gmail. You access gmail from the web -- that's why it's called webmail.

But, as @Berton astutely points out, you probably need at least one ISP mail account to receive their electronic correspondence.
    And, yes, most ISPs allow you to access your ISP mail account via a webmail interface.

If you prefer, you may find it easier and more efficient to install an "email client" on your computer.
    Doing so allows you to access/read/write and (if set up as POP3) download messages directly onto your computer.
    Thunderbird is a popular, free, open-source option that can be enhanced with many customizations.
    It allows one to access messages from essentially any type of mail service (ISP, webmail, Exchange, etc.).
    There are several other options, both free and paid.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Gmail

1. Gmail - Similar Threads - Gmail

2. Outlook cannot connect to GMail server does not support the connection encryption type

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook cannot connect to GMail server does not support the connection encryption type: Hi I have been using the same Outlook and GMail accounts for years and about a week ago I get an error message when I try to download my email. I haven`t changed any settings at all. ERROR: 0x800CCC1A Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have...
  3. Mail app on Windows 10 refuses to sync Gmail accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app on Windows 10 refuses to sync Gmail accounts: Hello there, Since maybe 10-12 hours ago, Mail won't sync my Gmail accounts. It worked perfectly fine for months, yesterday I received one of those "Account needs to be fixed/Settings out of date" messages, went through with the login, and realized after a few hours sync is...
  4. Outlook 2019 and gmail

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2019 and gmail: Hey guys, I cant get outlook 2019 to connect to gmail. My install of windows is fresh (1909) and so is microsoft office 2019. Hotmail is connected. I have imap set up in my google account and the app password generated. Any ideas? also the mail in windows wouldn't connect to...
  5. Outlook cannot connect to GMail

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook cannot connect to GMail: Hi I have been using the same Outlook and GMail accounts for years and about a week ago I get an error message when I try to download my email. I haven`t changed any settings at all. ERROR: Ox8OOCCC1A Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have...
  6. Can’t create folders in gmail windows 10?

Can’t create folders in gmail windows 10?: i go to folders + add in a new folder name i get the message ‘the folder named Kandahar couldn’t be created’ How do i resolve please? I am trying to do this on my laptop....
  7. When I restarted my computer, all my files were gone. My gmail accounts are gone, saved...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I restarted my computer, all my files were gone. My gmail accounts are gone, saved...: I just restarted my computer and now everything is gone. It's like setting up a brand new computer. Since I'm accessing the internet from a foreign country, the language was also changed from English to Arabic. My files are gone. I don't know how to get them. I figured...
  8. Unexpected gmail popup message

in Browsers and Email
    Unexpected gmail popup message: I just tried to reply to an email, and this popped up [img] I did not write "see attached". Never heard of that behavior. I thought that was taken care of when you actually attached something. 143731
  9. Reply and Forward ICON and Message not working with IMAP GMAIL account and Outlook for...

Reply and Forward ICON and Message not working with IMAP GMAIL account and Outlook for...: My GMAIL account is setup with IMAP on a new computer with Windows 10 and Outlook for Office 365. After replying to a message or forwarding an email, the ICON field and the small status message do not reflect that the e-mail was replied to or forwarded. The small text...
  10. gmail

in Windows 10 Customization
    gmail: I am having a problem opening any information on e-mails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail/e6652096-26a7-4812-acf6-4f388ddea038