Windows 10: GNU acct'g

Discus and support GNU acct'g in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Do anyone on here know about GNU acct'g Like to know how to backup all files on a zip drive or to a desktop file and then I can copy to a zip drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ben Daniels, Sep 14, 2016.

1. GNU acct'g

Do anyone on here know about GNU acct'g Like to know how to backup all files on a zip drive or to a desktop file and then I can copy to a zip drive
    Thanks

:)

Ben Daniels, Sep 14, 2016
  2. Jake555 Win User

Why is Windows 10 so bad?

Switch to GNU/Linux. Windows is crappy, DRM-riddled, overly-complicated, malware.

I reccomend Debian GNU/Linux, but there are a lot others out there.

Jake555, Sep 14, 2016
  3. ViruSzZ Win User
    Nokia suite for linux users

it's sad nokia not having
    support for gnu/linux users....
    that's a discrimination and
    for sure I'm not going
    to install windows just
    to manage my nokia phone
    too...

what's the problem you're
    not supporting nokia suite for
    gnu/linux ?

ViruSzZ, Sep 14, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

GNU acct'g

Is this the program you mean?
    Gnuaccounting: Home
    User manual at Gnuaccounting: Documentation should have help.
    The specific page in the PDF user manual is 28.
    Locate the program in C:\Program Files (x86), right-click the Folder and choose Properties to determine the capacity needed.

Which Zip drive/disks do you use? I have such a drive in a WinXP computer with capacity of 250MB and a portable 250MB USB version. The largest was 750MB but the Zip drives lost favor due to USB Thumb/Flash drives with capacities in the GB/GigaByte ranges and somewhat to recordable CDs of 650MB or 700MB capacity.

Berton, Sep 14, 2016
  5. Thanks for trying to help me but I looked at this manual and I guess I don't want to back this up. I find nothing on my verison that has any of this stuff that they talk about. Nothing in any of the pulldowns that says anything about home. I use 2 programs to keep track of my home expenses and I backup Quicken real easy So I will just keep posting to GNU until I find another free program that I can use.
    Thanks
    Ben

Ben Daniels, Sep 14, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    Berton, Sep 14, 2016
  7. Yes that is what I have should I switch? Is the other free also?
    Thanks

Ben Daniels, Sep 15, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

GNU acct'g

Both Gnu programs [free] appear to be more difficult to back up than Quicken. GnuAccounting is JAVA based and some folks are resistant to having JAVA installed [user's choice].

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

GNU acct'g

1. GNU acct'g - Similar Threads - GNU acct'g

2. how to exit gnu grub 2.06 and install windows 10 back on Dell. On my boot settings I don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to exit gnu grub 2.06 and install windows 10 back on Dell. On my boot settings I don't...: ??????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-exit-gnu-grub-206-and-install-windows-10/26f3b3f2-e4fb-46dc-85c7-5893ce9b1878
  3. how to exit gnu grub 2.06 and install windows 10 back on Dell. On my boot settings I don't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to exit gnu grub 2.06 and install windows 10 back on Dell. On my boot settings I don't...: ??????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-exit-gnu-grub-206-and-install-windows-10/26f3b3f2-e4fb-46dc-85c7-5893ce9b1878
  4. how to exit gnu grub 2.06 and install windows 10 back on Dell. On my boot settings I don't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I keep booting to GNU GRUB after running the Windows 11 installler through my usb. How can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep booting to GNU GRUB after running the Windows 11 installler through my usb. How can...: My computer got totally messed up after I installed the latest Windows update, so I created a bootable USB for Windows 11. The installation appeared to work until it would get stuck on "getting devices ready". This happened several attempts in a row - now it is booting to GNU...
  6. I keep booting to GNU GRUB after running the Windows 11 installler through my usb. How can...

I keep booting to GNU GRUB after running the Windows 11 installler through my usb. How can...: My computer got totally messed up after I installed the latest Windows update, so I created a bootable USB for Windows 11. The installation appeared to work until it would get stuck on "getting devices ready". This happened several attempts in a row - now it is booting to GNU...
  7. I deleted a partition from windows 11 that had linux installed and now I am stuck in GNU...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted a partition from windows 11 that had linux installed and now I am stuck in GNU...: Hello, So, I have a Windows HP Envy 15. From a curious mind and very new to OS, I decided to install Linux Ubuntu via the dual boot route and partition my HD. Recently, that allotted space ran out so I booted into windows and deleted it and also extended that space back into...
  8. I deleted a partition from windows 11 that had linux installed and now I am stuck in GNU...

I deleted a partition from windows 11 that had linux installed and now I am stuck in GNU...: Hello, So, I have a Windows HP Envy 15. From a curious mind and very new to OS, I decided to install Linux Ubuntu via the dual boot route and partition my HD. Recently, that allotted space ran out so I booted into windows and deleted it and also extended that space back into...
  9. About the GNU C Library glibc vulnerability "CVE-2023-25139"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About the GNU C Library glibc vulnerability "CVE-2023-25139": About the GNU C Library glibc vulnerability "CVE-2023-25139" Does this applicable for Windows server 2016? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-the-gnu-c-library-glibc-vulnerability-cve/6c76f283-43f9-4c92-bedf-c2734af89b0d
  10. About the GNU C Library glibc vulnerability "CVE-2023-25139"

About the GNU C Library glibc vulnerability "CVE-2023-25139": About the GNU C Library glibc vulnerability "CVE-2023-25139" Does this applicable for Windows server 2016? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-the-gnu-c-library-glibc-vulnerability-cve/6c76f283-43f9-4c92-bedf-c2734af89b0d