Windows 10: Go back to previous build

Discus and support Go back to previous build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have the flashing screen that I can't do anything with, so i followed the instructions on how uninstall windows 10, which were great easy to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kimmy2006, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Kimmy2006 Win User

Go back to previous build

Hi,

I have the flashing screen that I can't do anything with, so i followed the instructions on how uninstall windows 10, which were great easy to read, but never got to question 6. Choose an account - I only got error message WDF_VIOLATION.. Than rebooted and back to the start which I tried about 10 more times with the same error message. Does this mean my 12mth old computer is dead?? I'm not a computer wizard just a boring email/googling & office Mum. Thanks

:)

Kimmy2006, Aug 6, 2015

2. Go Back to Previous Build

Hello, I just used the "Go Back to Previous build" function of Windows 10 after the update of build 1709.

but after few hours, windows will force me to update the OS again to build 1709 and will restart my laptop.

how can i keep my current build and will not install the update ?

JucelJipos, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Go Back to Previous Build

Hi Jucel,

To stop the Windows updates from installing, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run dialog.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Scroll down to see Windows Updates.
    • Right-click on Windows Updates, then select Properties.
    • Choose Disable as Startup type.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Go back to previous build

1. Go back to previous build - Similar Threads - previous build

2. Virus and threat protection is not display, and all the solution from the previous build do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and threat protection is not display, and all the solution from the previous build do...: I have been trying to access windows threats and securities for 2 months now and it does not open for no reason. It sates, "Page not available, Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT...
  3. Virus and threat protection is not display, and all the solution from the previous build do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and threat protection is not display, and all the solution from the previous build do...: I have been trying to access windows threats and securities for 2 months now and it does not open for no reason. It sates, "Page not available, Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT...
  4. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build: Since I had a problem with a update huge preformance loss, I tried using the option to revert back to a previous build.It started the process, but soon after, it was stuck in a boot loop, that looks like the following:- Dell Logo shows up no dots - Spinning dots with Dell...
  5. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build: Since I had a problem with a update huge preformance loss, I tried using the option to revert back to a previous build.It started the process, but soon after, it was stuck in a boot loop, that looks like the following:- Dell Logo shows up no dots - Spinning dots with Dell...
  6. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 20H2 issues, cannot go back to previous build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 20H2 issues, cannot go back to previous build: Hello, I have updated to windows 20H2 a week ago and I have had issues since then : - video and audio stuttering on Youtube, Netflix, Spotify, anything... no network issues and sometimes in online games - issues in the windows explorer right-click might make it crash and...
  8. Windows Defender in Previous builds of Windows 10 was Better

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender in Previous builds of Windows 10 was Better: When I used windows 10 at the beginning of Win10 Versions it was having a better Defender than the last few Months Upgrades I mean when the defender is an application, not in settings. it was stronger but now a lot of bugs and weaker, now when it catches a virus it...
  9. How to format older drive with previous install vs new PC build Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to format older drive with previous install vs new PC build Win 10: Hi I am doing my first A to Z PC build. I know what to expect generally speaking since I did clean Windows 10 install on my current tower a couple times. However I am frankenstein-ing pieces between old and new build and I don't know how to format the older Windows already...
  10. How can I roll back to the previous build?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I roll back to the previous build?: My laptop with somewhat good specs (Core i7, 8th gen, 8GB RAM, and a HDD) has been extremely slow since the update, it takes like 8 minutes to boot up, and then, like another 15 minutes to stop having 100% Disk usage (on Task Manager and Resource Monitor it says it's System...