Windows 10: go back to windows 7

Discus and support go back to windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I know how to do it, what I don't know is, how to remove your account. it says, before I can revert back to windows 7, I have to remove my account. but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by brisingr90, Aug 6, 2015.

1. go back to windows 7

I know how to do it, what I don't know is, how to remove your account. it says, before I can revert back to windows 7, I have to remove my account. but how? I am the only account in my computer. should I make another? what if the system tell me to remove it too? this is confusing

:)

brisingr90, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Installed windows10, went back to 7, if I go back to 10 again now, do I have to pay?

I upgraded to Windows 10 (build 1511 or 1507), then I downgraded to my previous version of Windows 7 or Windows 8. Can I still get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update for free?

You will need to determine if your initial Windows 10 upgrade was activated. If it was, then the machine should have a Digital License. If it does, you can upgrade to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update; it should automatically reactivate.

About Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital license, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license
    you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.

So, there is no need to know or get a product key, if you need to reinstall Windows 10, you can use your Windows 7 or Windows 8 product key or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Download the Media Creation Tool Now

Right click the MediaCreationTool.exe file then click
    Run as administrator.

go back to windows 7 [​IMG]

Note: How
    to verify if you downloaded or installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Select the option Upgrade this PC now if you want to upgrade right away, of if you want to download a ISO image or create a bootable copy on a USB thumb drive, choose
    Create installation media for another PC then click Next

go back to windows 7 [​IMG]

Andre Da Costa, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

go back to windows 7

Where are you seeing a message about removing your account? Can you post a screen capture of it?

Ztruker, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Would that be because Windows 7 has no support for using an E-mail address for a logon account?

Ztruker, Aug 7, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That would be my assumption as well. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

go back to windows 7