Windows 10: Go to previous state after software install

Discus and support Go to previous state after software install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to try a bunch of apps that I have on my new computer. Ideally, each time I don't like a certain app, I'd like a way to easily return to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arkas, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Arkas Win User

Go to previous state after software install

I want to try a bunch of apps that I have on my new computer.
    Ideally, each time I don't like a certain app, I'd like a way to easily return to a point before the app was installed, instead of just uninstalling.
    Does anyone know how to do this, or of a program that does this?
    Thanks.

:)

Arkas, Jan 17, 2017
  2. Entegy Win User

Unable to go back to previous version after update!!

Was this an official update presented to you through Zune? What do you see in the Zune software in Settings>phone>Check for updates about restore options?

Entegy, Jan 17, 2017
  3. Unable to go back to previous version after update!!

Have you re-installed zune, or windows? could you (or your software) have run any clean up of temporary files? do the restore files exist?

Martin Crosbie, Jan 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 17, 2017
  5. Arkas Win User
    WOW! Thanks! I was so sure it would require some external party app, I didn't stop to look within WIn10.
    I'll start testing this, in the meantime, If there is a software that can do that easier it would be great!

Arkas, Jan 17, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I don't think you'll find anything much easier for what you're wanting to do than this feature include with Windows. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Go to previous state after software install - Similar Threads - previous state software

2. Windows keeps going back to a previous state.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keeps going back to a previous state.: I am running windows 10 and have one of the most frustrating problems I have ever encountered! Basically, I run windows and it if fine for a few weeks or even months and then it boots up one day and it has gone back to a previous state.By this, I mean that If I add a program,...
  3. Windows keeps going back to a previous state.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps going back to a previous state.: I am running windows 10 and have one of the most frustrating problems I have ever encountered! Basically, I run windows and it if fine for a few weeks or even months and then it boots up one day and it has gone back to a previous state.By this, I mean that If I add a program,...
  4. Windows keeps going back to a previous state.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. go back to previous install of windows

go back to previous install of windows: HEY, abt 15 days ago i had reinstalled windows on my laptop with 64 bit [ my previous windows 10 was 32 bit].2nd day after the reinstall i had startup errors and had to reset my pc.in june 2020 i had upgraded my win 7 to 10 which was 32 bit.after the reinstall i am facing...
  6. Go back to your previous windows install

Go back to your previous windows install: Hey, 2 days ago i just reinstalled windows on my laptop and on the first day it worked normal and then the second day when i boot up my pc i was not able to boot up my pc and was stuck in the loop and then i had to reset it.my pc has got buggier and some applications crash in...
  7. Backup Solution/ Software for restoring Windows to a previous state

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup Solution/ Software for restoring Windows to a previous state: Hello,Could anyone please recommend a software which can be used to restore Windows to a previous date/ version when it gets messed up due to bad update/ install/ malware. I do not require a backup solution for images, music, documents, etc. What I want is a software which...
  8. Previously purchased software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previously purchased software: I purchased software for my new Surface 7's in December but was working for a company I left and no longer have access to that email address How do I get the codes to reinstall the software as I also had to scrub my personal computers I tried the verify yourself system...
  9. How to go back to previous Windows build after clean install

How to go back to previous Windows build after clean install: Yesterday, I updated to the latest version of Windows only to have various software no longer responding (most involving audio - I'm a podcaster). When I attempted to go back to the previous version, it failed. When I tried to perform a recovery, it had been turned off...
  10. Go back to previous build - after windows 10 no install

Go back to previous build - after windows 10 no install: Started windows 10 install on friday...by Sunday, system still trying to install. Called microsoft, they gave directions to return to windows 7. System still trying to return to previous build after 4 hours....HELP! 14646