Windows 10: God Mode icon text missing after Creator

Discus and support God Mode icon text missing after Creator in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since installing Creators Update I have lost, and cannot re-display, the text under my "God Mode" icon on the desktop. It refuses to display after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by magus, Jul 5, 2017.

1. magus Win User

God Mode icon text missing after Creator

Since installing Creators Update I have lost, and cannot re-display, the text under my "God Mode" icon on the desktop. It refuses to display after repeated attempts, or after deleting and remaking the folder setup. I have also re-built the icon cache. Once clicked, the icon displays the folder contents as it should. The folder name also appears on the top line of its display on my screen. So the name must be stored somewhere but not displayed under the desktop icon. Anyone have any ideas?

Seems that this and other icon issues, as mentioned in a previous post, are all connected somehow.

Thanks.

:)

magus, Jul 5, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 5, 2017
  3. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums @magus

Gosh, I haven't had a God Mode folder on my desktop for some time now, preferring to have a shortcut for God Mode in Start menu's 'All apps' and from there having it pinned to Start.

I've just made an actual folder on my desktop and you're right, Creators doesn't display the text. However, if you create a shortcut on the desktop rather than a folder it will display properly. See this tutorial...

Create Control Panel All Tasks Shortcut in Windows 10

Bree, Jul 5, 2017
  4. magus Win User
    Thanks Bree, that worked. It never occurred to me to do it this way. Anyway, the shortcut works and I made a Hot Key to it. Goes to show that there is always another way to skin that darn cat. Thanks again Bree. I will mark this "solved". Edit: I have no idea how to mark it solved ....... but, fellow readers, it is.

magus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. God Mode icon text missing after Creator - Similar Threads - God Mode icon

2. God Mode for Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    God Mode for Windows: God Mode For those who have not heard of this... You may very much like having God Mode. It is worth you, at least, taking a look at it. NB: Some items it has go to Settings and some still use C/P windows. Rt Clk on desktop > New Folder, Rename it God...
  3. God Mode

God Mode: For those who have not heard of this... You may very much like having God Mode. It is worth you, at least, taking a look at it. NB: Some items it has go to Settings and some still use C/P windows. Rt Clk on desktop > New Folder, Rename it God...
  4. Exorcising God Mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Exorcising God Mode: A couple of years ago I created a super-user admin account. I never found much reason for keeping it but I'm having trouble deleting it. This problem may have been caused by some work I was doing and I received a message stating that if I continued I may lose the ability to...
  5. Text in cmd and windows icons missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Text in cmd and windows icons missing: Hey, Ive got an problem, because i wanted to free up some disc space, ive entered the COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always command in powershell, now i dont have an cmd text and i cant see an windows icons [img] [img] 131749
  6. God mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    God mode: I reinstalled Win 10 Pro version 1803 64 bit and lost the God mode file. I tried to reinstall via desktop but the file is empty. Any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/god-mode/609480d8-9102-4e6e-8035-9dafae459e32
  7. ICON text size etc after Creator update

ICON text size etc after Creator update: How to I change various text sizes and make bold in the new update? Used to be in Display Prop. but I can not find it now. 81895
  8. No text displayed in explorer after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    No text displayed in explorer after Creators Update: I have updated my Windows 10 to the latest version. After update I can't see any text in explorer (no folder and file names), only icons are shown. The same problem is with old Control Panel. On the other hand, the new settings menu is working as well as menu start. I've...
  9. God Mode / All Tasks

in Windows 10 Support
    God Mode / All Tasks: I did a search and nothing came up on it, I didn't find it in the tutorials section, I copied my god mone from Win7 to a flash drive dragged and dropped on my W10 desktop and it works as it always has,,, not sure if someone wants to add it, I find it useful for finding things...
  10. Icons missing (But program text remains)

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons missing (But program text remains): [img] So this is my problem, as you can see, the program names are there, but all the icons, including the taskbar icons, and the icons in file explorer/task manager, are gone, before anyone asks, clicking to hide or show icons just makes the text disappear as well. When...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. god mode text missing

2. god mode folder has no name

3. no text on god folder

4. why doesnt godmode icon have a label,
  5. w10 godmode icon not displaying text,
  6. god mode folder has no text